Around the NHL 10 - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Agree that his game is best served on the wing, and I'd also have concerns about his durability and the risks of his playstyle given his history of concussions. Copp is a smart cookie, and I can see him hanging up his skates for his own safety if he has to deal with another one.

I like Copp and the Wings have some nice young talent -- but this may turn out to be another sentimental homecoming gone wrong.
copp is also coming off core (hernia?) surgery too in August. that recovery/rehab takes times for NHLers, and id think even moreso if they're playing C.

idk ive always liked copp when he's been used as C here. whether it was b/w ehlers+laine in 17-18, appleton+lemieux in 18-19, he had a few stints at C last year which i think he was fine. i think he has traits (notably hockey IQ) to be a solid C but we'll have to see if it comes to fruition.

Last edited:

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
This is where the Jets will be changing on Friday night in Arizona! :laugh:

spared-no-expense-jurassic-park.gif

Last edited:

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes

If the captain of my beer league team tried to make me get changed there, I would fire his ass into the sun.

Shows just how useless the players union actually is ( other than taking up floor space somewhere ) . The union should have gone to the NHL and refused to let their players play until there are proper facilities.

My guess, Gary probably agreed to give the union something he wasn't planning on giving up when the next CBA talks come around. That and all the players have most likely been given stern warnings not to say anything negative .

Inanna

Liberal Arts Instructor
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
Barrie, ON

It's interesting to parse XG's statement.

Essentially, he says: We told everybody how bad it's going to be and the NHL Office (which is a vested interest) has said we can do it so you better not complain because the NHL can send you to bed without supper if you do.

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
I will have to watch the post game player interviews on that night and listen to their comments Must be odd situation but hope it doesn’t affect the visitors playing at Arizona for the next 4 games

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada

Essentially, he says: We told everybody how bad it's going to be and the NHL Office (which is a vested interest) has said we can do it so you better not complain because the NHL can send you to bed without supper if you do.
Classic and still the best response. I always counselled my clients that if something foul was going to hit the fan you should get out ahead of it and steer the discussion with your own talking points.

Reactions: cbcwpg

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes

Shows how the Coyotes can do whatever they want.

If a pipe was to burst in the Jets home rink and the visitors had to dress in a temporary location, Bettman would just move the franchise .

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Well at least they aren't forcing them to get dressed in the hotel and bussing over and having intermission outside. The Coyote organization has been given chance after chance to get this done right in Arizona and they have failed miserably. Hockey does not work there but the NHL will keep banging their heads against a brick wall to try to prove all the doubters wrong.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
It looks like wings fans are starting to panic about Copp. I mean he’s coming off surgery but I think wings fans are expecting a lot more considering that contract. I mean obviously his numbers got inflated playing with Panarin and power playtime. After six games he has two assists. One of them was a second assist on an empty netter.
Did they expect $5 million dollars 4th line Copp to materialize into a top 6 player at 28!

Reactions: Upperdeckjet

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
If the captain of my beer league team tried to make me get changed there, I would fire his ass into the sun.

Shows just how useless the players union actually is ( other than taking up floor space somewhere ) . The union should have gone to the NHL and refused to let their players play until there are proper facilities.

My guess, Gary probably agreed to give the union something he wasn't planning on giving up when the next CBA talks come around. That and all the players have most likely been given stern warnings not to say anything negative .
Does your captain let you golf all winter, lots of things can get overlooked when playing/living in a year round summer location!

Reactions: Jets 31
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad