Around the NHL 10 - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
The Canucks are not going anywhere with an .852 SV%, but I'm not sure what Boudreau could be doing differently to fix that.

The Canucks are actually playing slightly better defensively than the Jets - although that's to be expected when you have perennial Norris candidates like Luke Schenn, Jack Rathbone, Kyle Burroughs, Guillaume Brisebois, Tucker Poolman and Tyler Myers out there manning the blue line... :sarcasm:

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
The Canucks are not going anywhere with an .852 SV%, but I'm not sure what Boudreau could be doing differently to fix that.

The Canucks are actually playing slightly better defensively than the Jets - although that's to be expected when you have perennial Norris candidates like Luke Schenn, Jack Rathbone, Kyle Burroughs, Guillaume Brisebois, Tucker Poolman and Tyler Myers out there manning the blue line... :sarcasm:
With the number of tank threads out there perhaps Chevy could trade for a better bottom six.

Reactions: Heldig

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
We were one of the original WHA teams does that count?
200w.gif

Reactions: kanadalainen

Truenorthducky

Oct 10, 2020
It looks like wings fans are starting to panic about Copp. I mean he’s coming off surgery but I think wings fans are expecting a lot more considering that contract. I mean obviously his numbers got inflated playing with Panarin and power playtime. After six games he has two assists. One of them was a second assist on an empty netter.

Reactions: Cypruss

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
It looks like wings fans are starting to panic about Copp. I mean he’s coming off surgery but I think wings fans are expecting a lot more considering that contract. I mean obviously his numbers got inflated playing with Panarin and power playtime. After six games he has two assists. One of them was a second assist on an empty netter.

I'm sure he'll pick it up a bit but he isn't an offensive driver and is pretty dependent on his linemates to create for him. He's a solid complimentary piece offensively.

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Copp is a third line player that can more up into the top six under the right circumstances, he is a dependable player but nothing in his game makes you say wow.

Truenorthducky

Oct 10, 2020
Copp is a third line player that can more up into the top six under the right circumstances, he is a dependable player but nothing in his game makes you say wow.
Agreed however the amount of money in term is

Agreed however the amount of money in term is second highest on team.

Reactions: Cypruss

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Well, their first problem is playing him at C.

Their second is that Copp might not age super well, as is the case for damn near every player of that size who plays a physically demanding play style rather than primarily a skill based game.

But they should probably start by putting him on the wing, where he belongs.

BoneDocUK

Recovering hockey fandoc
Oct 1, 2015
Well, their first problem is playing him at C.

Their second is that Copp might not age super well, as is the case for damn near every player of that size who plays a physically demanding play style rather than primarily a skill based game.

But they should probably start by putting him on the wing, where he belongs.

Agree that his game is best served on the wing, and I'd also have concerns about his durability and the risks of his playstyle given his history of concussions. Copp is a smart cookie, and I can see him hanging up his skates for his own safety if he has to deal with another one.

I like Copp and the Wings have some nice young talent -- but this may turn out to be another sentimental homecoming gone wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad