Around the NHL 10 - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

hn777

Apr 22, 2019
Unbelievable, this is getting so goofy now. Obviously I'm a homer but how does Makar only get 1 game and Scheifele 4 ? Just a joke.
Apparently it's the going rate this year for interference and injuring another player. Just like Hartman on Ehlers.

Reactions: Jets 31

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
1.2 B committed for NEW Calgary arena and events centre, dread the day the Jets need a new arena!

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
Oh man!!! Are the leafs and oilers on a collision course for the Stanley Cup final?

God spare us the agony if that ever materialized. Who would one cheer for? Honestly as much as I despise Kane and wish him nothing but failure, I still cheer for Edmonton to win. Just don’t think I could stand tuning in for any of it.

Boston needs to get Bergeron and Krejci healthy and back into their lineup to ensure this doesn’t happen.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Oh man!!! Are the leafs and oilers on a collision course for the Stanley Cup final?

God spare us the agony if that ever materialized. Who would one cheer for? Honestly as much as I despise Kane and wish him nothing but failure, I still cheer for Edmonton to win. Just don’t think I could stand tuning in for any of it.

Boston needs to get Bergeron and Krejci healthy and back into their lineup to ensure this doesn’t happen.

Leafs / Oilers final would be the best thing ever. Why? Because nobody south of the border would even watch it and it would drive Bettman insane. Acctually, Winnipeg / Toronto would be even better.

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
Leafs / Oilers final would be the best thing ever. Why? Because nobody south of the border would even watch it and it would drive Bettman insane. Acctually, Winnipeg / Toronto would be even better.
That’s one aspect, but for every non leaf’s and non oilers fans north of the border, it would be beyond insufferable especially if it was Toronto that won.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Could we afford a new arena ?

The question is , do we really need one? Yet?

As someone who spent a lot of time in the old Polo Park Winnipeg Arena, every time I step into the newer downtown barn, I honestly don't have too many issues. And yes I have had issues ( goddam Loge ), and could it have been better? Sure, but it was never built with the intention of hosting an NHL team. And improvements have been made and can continue to be made for a fraction of the cost of a new one. IMO we are probably 20 years away from even thinking about replacing it.

As far a Calgary's new barn... yes they needed a new arena given they had the second oldest in the NHL, but did they need one that costs $800 million ( $1.22 billion is the total deal )? Not a chance. They could have priced out a more than adequate arena for 2/3rds that ( Rogers Place cost $613.5 million ), except they couldn't because they had to do one better than Edmonton. This is nothing more than an arena pissing contest between Calgary and Edmonton. One that Winnipeg doesn't need to get caught up in.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
The question is , do we really need one? Yet?

As someone who spent a lot of time in the old Polo Park Winnipeg Arena, every time I step into the newer downtown barn, I honestly don't have too many issues. And yes I have had issues ( goddam Loge ), and could it have been better? Sure, but it was never built with the intention of hosting an NHL team. And improvements have been made and can continue to be made for a fraction of the cost of a new one. IMO we are probably 20 years away from even thinking about replacing it.

As far a Calgary's new barn... yes they needed a new arena given they had the second oldest in the NHL, but did they need one that costs $800 million ( $1.22 billion is the total deal )? Not a chance. They could have priced out a more than adequate arena for 2/3rds that ( Rogers Place cost $613.5 million ), except they couldn't because they had to do one better than Edmonton. This is nothing more than an arena pissing contest between Calgary and Edmonton. One that Winnipeg doesn't need to get caught up in.
is that 613M in 2016 dollars, or 2023? im assuming that's not the total deal as well.

WaveRaven

Apr 30, 2011
MB
Ya know time creeps by quickly. 50 years is a long time for a building like this. How old is it now ? 20 25 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad