Around the NHL 10 - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
You know, is this much different than the Scheifele hit on Evans that got Scheifele suspended for 4 playoff games? Not only that they called a major penalty and overturned it to just 2 minutes and McCaan is now hurt too. I really don't have a clue what the refs are going to call and not call anymore, it's like there isn't a book with official rules anymore.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
DAILY SCHEDULE:
Tuesday, April 25, 2023
Travel Day
Head Coach Rick Bowness and Connor Hellebuyck Media Availability - Approximately 11:45 a.m.
Winnipeg Richardson International Airport

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
You know, is this much different than the Scheifele hit on Evans that got Scheifele suspended for 4 playoff games? Not only that they called a major penalty and overturned it to just 2 minutes and McCaan is now hurt too. I really don't have a clue what the refs are going to call and not call anymore, it's like there isn't a book with official rules anymore.

That’s way worse than the Scheifele hit. Scheifele was trying to prevent a goal, the puck was at least still on the ice. The puck is gone here.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian

It has its similarities, but is perhaps even more clear (no puck by the player) cut vs Schuffles' hit. Will Makar get a hearing?

According to DOPS' own precedent this should be 4 games for Makar.

EDIT:

jungles

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011

I would argue that is 100x worse than the Scheifele one.

Wait did you say they reviewed it and overturned the 5? WTF? What could possibly be the rationale for that?

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
It has its similarities, but is perhaps even more clear (no puck by the player) cut vs Schuffles' hit. Will Makar get a hearing?

According to DOPS' own precedent this should be 4 games for Makar.

EDIT:

Likely going to get one game. It’s still surprising Scheif got four games for his hit. Optics gonna optic.

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I would argue that is 100x worse than the Scheifele one.

Wait did you say they reviewed it and overturned the 5? WTF? What could possibly be the rationale for that?
Ya at first they called a major penalty and after review changed it to just a 2 minute minor . That's some messed up shit i tell you and McCaan is already out for their next game because he got hurt on the play. But Scheifele gets 4 game suspension in the playoffs for a first offender .

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Well fine, but then so was schief
The puck was long gone and McCaan had his back to Makar . Scheifele's was definitely a penalty and he got 4 games and tossed . Makar got 2 minutes and was able to keep playing.Now i realize there wasn't much time left in the Jets game but still.

Reactions: hn777

None

Feb 22, 2012
Looks like there is a deal in place for a new arena in Calgary

At a glance that deal looks brutal for the city and province. Hopefully the team is on the hook for upkeep during the season and only hockey related revenues actually go to the team.

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
At a glance that deal looks brutal for the city and province. Hopefully the team is on the hook for upkeep during the season and only hockey related revenues actually go to the team.

Excellent. I applaud this and look forward to reading all the kvetching from the "no tax dollars to support billionaire owners" crowd. :laugh:
See how fast 1.2 B becomes 1.5+, have a feeling that the team will run the building 365 days a year.

Reactions: hn777

None

Feb 22, 2012
See how fast 1.2 B becomes 1.5+, have a feeling that the team will run the building 365 days a year.

Yeah, I think one of the original proposals was just north of $1 billion and it was supposed to include a CFL stadium. If I remember right the city would've been on the hook for 200 million flat and overruns were to be billed to the owners of the Flames.

I think the overruns part was one of the sticking points that had the Flames and NHL trot out their very own mayoral candidate endorsed by the league because his platform boiled down to funding the arena and not much else.

Reactions: robertocarlos

razorsedge

Oct 19, 2006
Fort Sask, AB
Scheifeles hit was way worse because it was on a Montreal Canadiens player.

Edmonton got bent over by Darryl Katz (and continue to). Albertan's care more about looking rich and having the image of prestige more than anything else.

jungles

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
At these prices it is pretty clear we are stuck with Canada Life Center forever. Maybe the Portage Place proposal includes a skywalk and some extra urinals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad