Around the NHL 10 - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
So for fun I went to Edmonton’s around the league thread last night and they have over 10 pages of joyus celebration taunting Calgary’s failed season. I have to say I am a bit jealous. The hate those to cities and fan bases have for each other is off the charts. We are really missing that epic rivalry.
Wild are getting there with their antics tonight.

Reactions: hn777

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
Looks like Vegas is 4 min away from beating Seattle. With Colorado’s OT loss and Vegas owning the tiebreaker over Colorado, top seed comes out of the Pacific, meaning Jets will play either Vegas or the Oilers (more likely Vegas).

I’m OK with that.

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Looks like Vegas is 4 min away from beating Seattle. With Colorado’s OT loss and Vegas owning the tiebreaker over Colorado, top seed comes out of the Pacific, meaning Jets will play either Vegas or the Oilers (more likely Vegas).

I’m OK with that.
Me too, I got some payback on my mind and the F*** Vegas goalies are not world beaters.

B33R LEAGUE

"Just another day at the office" -Byfuglien
May 19, 2021
This is Hilarious.

This Minnesota Podcaster says, Jets will play Avs in the 1st round and then proceeds to say, "enjoy your wasted 10 days Winnipeg..."

Little does this idiot know... the Wild are more likely to play the Avs in the first round..

Skip to 2:40.

ghyrti

Oct 21, 2014
With all the "racing" to the playoffs, if you consider the standings with each team having played the same number of games the eight playoff teams have been the same since Edmonton took over from Calgary after game 45. Interesting to note the two division leaders at that point are the two end of season wild card teams. And the two wild card teams could end up being the two division winners.

Other than a little back and forth between Edmonton and Calgary, the same eight teams have been in a playoff position since basically game 25.

American Thanksgiving was around game 20 for most teams. For the final 62 games of the season Winnipeg, Dallas, Seattle, Vegas, and LA were in a playoff spot for all 62. Colorado and Minnesota were in a playoff spot for 60, Edmonton for 56, Calgary for 8, and St Louis and Nashville for 1.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
This is Hilarious.

This Minnesota Podcaster says, Jets will play Avs in the 1st round and then proceeds to say, "enjoy your wasted 10 days Winnipeg..."

Little does this idiot know... the Wild are more likely to play the Avs in the first round..

Skip to 2:40.

Wild media and wild fans are football people who happen to watch some hockey. They're embarrassing. I don't even think they understand football actually.

Jet

Chibby!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I don't know how well the decision to build a team around Huberdeau and Kadri will age with the Flames.

If the Panthers make the playoffs, the Tkachuk trade is going to be the stinger.

For me the Panthers are quite the story, with 3rd string goalie Alex Lyon going on a 6 game winning streak to take over the goaltending, before losing to the Leafs in OT last night. Be interesting to see who Maurice goes with in net in the final game of the season vs. Carolina, which could be a must win game for the Panthers.
I think on paper, after the deal was made and Hubs and Weegar signed it looked like a great return, especially with the 1st. Especially considering Tkachuk was gone anyways.

You are right though, with the way Huberdeau and Weegsr played for the Flames is looking like that it going to haunt them.

I never thought the Kadri deal was good.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
i don't mind the Flames roster overall. they have some really good players and guys i been a fan of. however, Markstrom is so up-and-down. you're not getting far with sub-900 goaltending from your starter, and 27th in overall league sv%. Also didn't account for Huberdeau having his worst producing season in nearly 10 years.

their performance in "close games" (games decided by 1 goal) is bad too, evidenced by their OT/SO Losses. Talk about missed opportunities.... it's now 48 games decided by 1 goal for them and they're 18-30 in those games, while being one of the least blown-out teams in games. they're a good competitive team but ended up on the wrong side of OT/SO coin (and aided by some perhaps bad head-coach decisions lol)

i am actually impressed they were in the PO mix up until the last few days basically given their extremely poor goaltending.

Last edited:
Reactions: ps241

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
I think the Flames f***ed up. I also think they can make it back to the playoffs easily too

They traded away Tkachuk who was perfect for Sutter "pass it to the point and dump it on net and crash the net with everyone" style hockey. They ended getting Huberdeau who is as perimeter as you can get, talented for sure but not cut out for that level of crash and bash style. Weegar looked good and plays a solid and steady game that is suited for today's NHL.

They need a more progressive coach I think.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
i don't mind the Flames roster overall. they have some really good players and guys i been a fan of. however, Markstrom is so up-and-down. you're not getting far with sub-900 goaltending from your starter, and 27th in overall league sv%. Also didn't account for Huberdeau having his worst producing season in nearly 10 years.

their performance in "close games" (games decided by 1 goal) is bad too, evidenced by their OT/SO Losses. Talk about missed opportunities.... it's now 48 games decided by 1 goal for them and they're 18-30 in those games, while being one of the least blown-out teams in games. they're a good competitive team but ended up on the wrong side of OT/SO coin (and aided by some perhaps bad head-coach decisions lol)

i am actually impressed they were in the PO mix up until the last few days basically given their extremely poor goaltending.
That 18-30 record in close games coupled with the awful goaltending should suggest that the Flames can have a powerful bounce back season.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
That 18-30 record in close games coupled with the awful goaltending should suggest that the Flames can have a powerful bounce back season.
Yeah they're a competitive team. And even with such crap goaltending they're in alot of games. Iirc Markstrom is usually a career-long seesaw in performance so maybe next year he's up again. No clue.

I think OT or SO games often get categorized as coin flips.... A couple coin flips going the other way next year and they're in the PO's.

also dont forget those 1 goal losses are to a bunch of crap teams too...VAN and CHI recently for example.

Last edited:

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
Flames are starting Wolf in goal tonight He having an excellent season in AHL I think he would have done better job than the subpar performance Markstrom/ Vladar

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Never lost respect for a fanbase as quickly as I have for Minnesota's this season.

They are silly. Why be so proud of Reaves if teams are running around and taking shots at your skilled players (as they keep insisting)?

Foligno is such a tough SOB he waited until Dillon and Lowry were in the locker room to take the skate in front of the Jets bench. Better sign that guy long-term!

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Never lost respect for a fanbase as quickly as I have for Minnesota's this season.

They are silly. Why be so proud of Reaves if teams are running around and taking shots at your skilled players (as they keep insisting)?

Foligno is such a tough SOB he waited until Dillon and Lowry were in the locker room to take the skate in front of the Jets bench. Better sign that guy long-term!
Foligno picks his spots, according to "little man" Creed the Wild don't go looking for it, clearly he doesn't know what he is watching, plus grabbing the guys helmet and waving in the air screams loser.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
“if” the Flames goaltending rebounds they should be ok next season.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
Flames are starting Wolf in goal tonight He having an excellent season in AHL I think he would have done better job than the subpar performance Markstrom/ Vladar
They have three more years of Markstrom. Prior to this season, he’s had a pretty good track record for the past seven seasons. One would think he’ll have a solid bounce back.

I think the Flames clean house and the end of this season
I doubt. They’ll also have Lucic off the books. I can’t see big changes here, except a possible HC switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad