Around the NHL 10 - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
Nashville won their last two games of the season.

Huge win for jets in Minnesota the other night.

Nashville can't catch the Jets but technically they do have another game tomorrow (Friday)

If they win that game then yes the Jets win was vital However Nashville is playing without pressure tomorrow so who knows what would of happened if they still had a heartbeat heading into that game

Last edited:

B33R LEAGUE

"Just another day at the office" -Byfuglien
May 19, 2021
Holy shit?

Why would Columbus even try to win against the Pens tonight?

They went from a 25.5% chance at Bedard to a 13.5% chance over night....

Meanwhile, Anaheims loss tonight makes them the favourite for bedard.

1681455609989.jpeg

1681455632799.jpeg

1681455656185.jpeg

1681455687339.jpeg

Thats insane. Could you imagine if Anaheim gets Bedard now lol.

I'd be pissed if I was Laine.

Last edited:

B33R LEAGUE

"Just another day at the office" -Byfuglien
May 19, 2021
Conspiracy Theory time...

Anahaheim lost tonight which placed them in the most favourable position to win Bedard...

A big part of the reason the Ducks lost tonight probably has to do with the NHL kindly handing out 50 minutes in penalties...

8 penalties and 50 minutes served seems off. The average penalty works out to just over 6 minutes...

Which raises the question, what kinda penalties dis the refs hand out?

Unfortunately i couldnt find the game log anywhere.. (if anyone has a source, let me know).

Moreover, none of the game recaps on youtube show any of the penalties. It only shows a penalty that resulted from a terrible coaches "challenge" on a kopitar "high stick goal".

There was another interesting play whereby the Ducks net got pushed off its moorings and the NHL reviewed it and awarded LA the goal.

1681456374527.jpeg

Does Bettman have a vested interest in the Ducks succeeding?

The Ducks HF Board had a lot of interesting commemts about soft calls against them, a coaches challenge that appeared conspicuous, etc... Which in all honest is par for the course when your a homer.

1681458619946.jpeg
1681458663830.jpeg

1681458680177.jpeg

Sidebar: This is all just in good fun, but then again, I do like a good Bettman Conspiracy. Plus, 50 minutes in penalties is quite a lot.

Last edited:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Holy shit?

View attachment 688211
View attachment 688213
View attachment 688214
View attachment 688215

Coaches and teams play to win always. GM’s control the tank. Yea that had Paul Maurice written all over it. Nobody, I mean nobody could string together a meaningless winning streak like Mo once our team was out of the playoff race.

Last edited:

Oilpeg

Jun 3, 2014
Winnipeg

Anahaheim lost tonight which placed them in the most favourable position to win Bedard...

A big part of the reason the Ducks lost tonight probably has to do with the NHL kindly handing out 50 minutes in penalties...

8 penalties and 50 minutes served seems off. The average penalty works out to just over 6 minutes...

Unfortunately i couldnt find the game log anywhere.. (if anyone has a source, let me know).

Moreover, none of the game recaps on youtube show any of the penalties. It only shows a penalty that resulted from a terrible coaches "challenge" on a kopitar "high stick goal".

There was another interesting play whereby the Ducks net got pushed off its moorings and the NHL reviewed it and awarded LA the goal.

View attachment 688216

The Ducks HF Board had a lot of interesting commemts about soft calls against them, a coaches challenge that appeared conspicuous, etc... Which in all honest is par for the course when your a homer.

View attachment 688229View attachment 688232
View attachment 688233

Sidebar: This is all just in good fun, but then again, I do like a good Bettman Conspiracy. Plus, 50 minutes in penalties is quite a lot.

Anaheim had three misconducts, Zegras, Carrick and Jones all got 10-minute penalties, that's 30-minutes right there/

Reactions: B33R LEAGUE

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Holy shit?

View attachment 688211
View attachment 688213
View attachment 688214
View attachment 688215

Players don't tank. Plus, no shot the Pens cared one iota about that game.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Dallas Eakins was fired by the Anaheim Ducks on Friday, one day after their regular season ended.

"This was a very difficult decision, one that comes after careful and considerable deliberation," Ducks general manager Pat Verbeek said. "At the end of the day, I simply feel that a fresh perspective and new voice will be beneficial for the team. Dallas has handled himself with class and character through a difficult season, and we wish him the best in the future."

• Wow
Reactions: macmaroon

DucksFanDFW

Sep 18, 2009
Ranger, TX

View attachment 688216

View attachment 688229View attachment 688232
View attachment 688233

Zegras, Carrick and Jones all got misconducts on top of their minors.

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
It took the last game of the season but the Avs take the central as a few of us thought they would, have to be the odds on favourite to represent the western conference.

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
Can’t wait to watch Dallas SMACK around those minny punks. I think the Stars have a fair edge offensively and can match minny’s physicality.

Good luck containing Robertson!as long as Oettinger isn’t vastly outplayed by Fleury, Stars should take the series in 6 games.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
The Washington Capitals kicked off a busy offseason with a surprisingly early decision on Friday, as the team announced that Peter Laviolette would not be returning as the head coach with both sides parting ways. Laviolette requested a morning meeting with MacLellan and expressed his interest in exploring new opportunities. Meanwhile, MacLellan wanted a fresh start with a new bench boss. So, during that meeting, both parties agreed that this would be the end his three-year tenure.

Reactions: macmaroon

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
The Washington Capitals kicked off a busy offseason with a surprisingly early decision on Friday, as the team announced that Peter Laviolette would not be returning as the head coach with both sides parting ways. Laviolette requested a morning meeting with MacLellan and expressed his interest in exploring new opportunities. Meanwhile, MacLellan wanted a fresh start with a new bench boss. So, during that meeting, both parties agreed that this would be the end his three-year tenure.

So, this offseason: Laviolette goes to Pittsburgh, Bowness retires, and we get Burke? :sarcasm:

Maybe Chevy slides to President of Hockey Ops and Hextall is our new GM? :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad