Around the NHL 10 - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Ok so I generally have zero time for Twitter but this story is worth a watch and a read. This amazing young man lived in winnipeg from when he was 5-8 (went to the same school my kids go to now) moved to the US and sadly lost his sister in the Sandy Hook shootings the year they relocated.

Thanks @ICdave

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
i know small sample size of gp / year, so 1-2 games can throw things off

but laurent brossoit's yearly sv% is something :laugh:

1681577840546.png

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Ok so I generally have zero time for Twitter but this story is worth a watch and a read. This amazing young man lived in winnipeg from when he was 5-8 (went to the same school my kids go to now) moved to the US and sadly lost his sister in the Sandy Hook shootings the year they relocated.

Thanks @ICdave

Trouba got way too much hate for wanting a trade.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Trouba got way too much hate for wanting a trade.

This is one of those powerful video’s just clicking on the link reading the article or watching the news feed with the brother reading the story he wrote to his 8 year old self about losing his sister in the Sandy hook shooting. Frick man

Yea JT took allot of heat but at the end of the day he played hard for us and had his reasons for moving on.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Info from an article I read.

Heaviest Forwards in the NHL
Player Weight Position Team
Milan Lucic 240 Left Wing Calgary Flames
Alex Ovechkin 238 Left Wing Washington Capitals
Juraj Slafkovsky 238 Left Wing Montreal Canadiens
Nick Ritchie 236 Left Wing Arizona Coyotes
Anders Lee 235 Left Wing New York Islanders

Lightest Forwards in the NHL
Player Weight Position Team
Kailer Yamamoto 153 Right Wing Edmonton Oilers
Jakob Pelletier 160 Left Wing Calgary Flames
Johnny Gaudreau 165 Left Wing Columbus Blue Jackets
Noah Cates 165 Left Wing Philadelphia Flyers
Conor Garland 165 Right Wing Vancouver Canucks

Average Weight of an NHL Forward
The average weight of an NHL Forward is 197.67 pounds.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Average NHL Player Height (in inches)
Overall 73.34
Goalie 74.68
Defenseman 73.76
Left Wing 72.79
Center 72.99
Right Wing 72.90

Tallest Players in the NHL
Player Height Position Team
Tyler Myers 6’8″ Defense Vancouver Canucks
Jamie Oleksiak 6’7″ Defense Seattle Kraken
Logan Stanley 6’7″ Defense Winnipeg Jets
Victor Hedman 6’7″ Goalie Tampa Bay Lightning

Shortest Players in the NHL
Cole Caufield 5’7″ Right Wing Montreal Canadiens
Tyler Johnson 5’8″ Center Chicago Blackhawks
Alex DeBrincat 5’8″ Right Wing Ottawa Senators
Cam Atkinson 5’8″ Right Wing Philadelphia Flyers
Mats Zuccarello 5’8″ Right Wing Minnesota Wild
Kailer Yamamoto 5’8″ Right Wing Edmonton Oilers

Reactions: macmaroon

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
So, this offseason: Laviolette goes to Pittsburgh, Bowness retires, and we get Burke? :sarcasm:

Maybe Chevy slides to President of Hockey Ops and Hextall is our new GM? :laugh:
I hope Bowness sticks around for a bit longer, but I got the impression they intend to move Arneil into the HC position after Bowness retires.

Reactions: macmaroon

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
Just wondering, Why?
I can’t quite put my finger on it. I know he’s had some great coaching positions and has done some great stuff with some teams as a head coach like in the AHL and I know Columbus had other issues in 2010-2012 but his record didn’t inspire he should be behind another bench. Earlier this year too the team seemed to not quite be clicking until bones was back behind the bench

Some people excel when they focus on one area and that may be Arniel at the nhl level

I’d just dislike for bones to one day retire only to have some middling Noel-esque seasons for yet another 2-4 years. Would Arniel be given a job based on his NHL head coach pedigree? Would it truly go to the best person available? Or would it be some true north loyalty style connection?

Reactions: Channelcat

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I can’t quite put my finger on it. I know he’s had some great coaching positions and has done some great stuff with some teams as a head coach like in the AHL and I know Columbus had other issues in 2010-2012 but his record didn’t inspire he should be behind another bench. Earlier this year too the team seemed to not quite be clicking until bones was back behind the bench

Some people excel when they focus on one area and that may be Arniel at the nhl level

I’d just dislike for bones to one day retire only to have some middling Noel-esque seasons for yet another 2-4 years. Would Arniel be given a job based on his NHL head coach pedigree? Would it truly go to the best person available? Or would it be some true north loyalty style connection?

My challenge is:

I think Scott is doing a good job as the assistant especially if he is in charge of the PK.

As a fan I am good with Scott remaining on as an associate coach.

However.

He has not been hired again as a head coach in 11 seasons after his one and only flop? Why not? Has he applied? If not why, if yes why has he not been hired?

Noel was a terrible loyalty hire and honestly it smacked of an AHL org move. Lesson learned or not?

It would validate the fears people like me had of Scott being a Trojan horse future HC hire in the first place

How bad would things have to get before Mark signed off on his GM firing his friend Scott?

The optics would be terrible for the owner who seems to have loyalty challenges.

Who is running hockey operations?

We are in a dog fight with 31 other teams trying to win a cup. Everyone is looking for the slightest edge. Is Scott really the best we can do?

wpgallday1960

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2010
Sunny St. James
Average NHL Player Height (in inches)
Overall 73.34
Goalie 74.68
Defenseman 73.76
Left Wing 72.79
Center 72.99
Right Wing 72.90

Tallest Players in the NHL
Tyler Myers 6’8″ Defense Vancouver Canucks
Jamie Oleksiak 6’7″ Defense Seattle Kraken
Logan Stanley 6’7″ Defense Winnipeg Jets
Victor Hedman 6’7″ Goalie Tampa Bay Lightning

Shortest Players in the NHL
Cole Caufield 5’7″ Right Wing Montreal Canadiens
Tyler Johnson 5’8″ Center Chicago Blackhawks
Alex DeBrincat 5’8″ Right Wing Ottawa Senators
Cam Atkinson 5’8″ Right Wing Philadelphia Flyers
Mats Zuccarello 5’8″ Right Wing Minnesota Wild
Kailer Yamamoto 5’8″ Right Wing Edmonton Oilers
I wonder if Victor Hedman switching positions this late in the se@son will impact TBs playoff run.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Flames are kind of in the same spot we are but I think they are possible worse off. Huberdeau likely had an outlier type of season in Florida and is closer to a 60-70 point guy. Kadri is what he is a decent 2nd line center. Backlund wants out. Overpay for Coleman and Mangiapane. Markstrom is a tire fire and they will be paying 8.2 Million per year to there goalie tandem next year and both guys were sub 900

Can they resign Lindholm,Hanifin,Toffoli and Backlund? Sounds like Backlund is out. The good news is they have some good prospects but Sutter is terrible with young kids

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010

Idk i think's hard to judge anything from 10+ years ago. After this past off season feel like ppl felt way to strongly about head-coach candidates without any real qualified backing.

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
Super intense start in Boston. Tkachuk friggin ran over Marchand.

Ullmark took a slapper off the head early on as well.

panthers gooning it up

Last edited:
Reactions: GNP
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad