Around the NHL 10 - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Minny continues its idiotic play with a late hit by Dumba*.

*I thought it was late.

Pavelski is gone, looks like a concussion - head contacts the ice.

Creed loved the hit.

200w.gif

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
Why pick on Wheeler? He is far from our biggest weakness. At worst he is approximately our 6th best forward and every team in the playoffs will be icing worse forwards. Among forwards who have played at least 300 minutes with the team statistically is is 2nd in CF% at 53.49% and 4th in GF% at 54.55%. Meaning we generate more shots on net and score more goals then our opposition when he is on the ice. While he is not the player that he was in 2018, he is far from our weakest link.
Why am I picking on Wheezer? Well I have observed the Jets games and I don’t like what I am seeing for the most part. Turnover machine and his pressured puck handling skills have fled him. He fails at the eye ball test. Those fancy stats only tell so much.
Not to mention he takes just about one bad penalty per game due to his lack of ability and awareness.
He is 3rd line talent on most good teams in these playoffs. You don’t agree with me that is your problem.

Last edited:

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Why am I picking on Wheezer? Well I have observed the Jets games and I don’t like what I am seeing for the most part. Turnover machine and his pressured puck handling skills have fled him. He fails at the eye ball test. Those fancy stats only tell so much.
Not to mention he takes just about one bad penalty per game due to his lack of ability and awareness.
He is 3rd line talent on most good teams in these playoffs. You don’t agree with me that is your problem.

Your problem seems to be that you don’t agree with facts and make up your own narrative whether right or wrong. Penalty a game? Really? He takes bad penalties no doubt, but your bias is very strong.

Reactions: KingBogo

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Oilers doing what they do best: losing in the PO’s
Last year they played the worst playoff team and barely escaped in seven, had a second round bye, and then got dismantled by a good team in the conference finals. They’re super reliant on their PP, and they don’t call as much in the playoffs. Draisaitl is barely AHL level defensively; I have no idea why he and McDavid were on the ice at the end of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad