Around the NHL 10 - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
I was just was thinking about Boucher saying how it’s helps to be lucky at times like the Wild were and it felt like they might steal one and then they get the luckiest of bounces. And of course it’s Hartman’s dirty POS.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I hope that game 1 tie and OT winner ends up being the difference maker in the oiler kings series

I was catching up on the highlights and McDavid and or Dri were on the ice for all three goals against in regulation. What the hell was the coach thinking having McDavid out late protecting the lead ON THE PK with under a minute left :laugh:. Those two are amaizing offensive weapons but they can be picked apart. How effetive is Tom Brady after he throws an interception? I rest my case.

I did witness Leon busting his ass back checking on the 2nd goal against though which was bizarre to see. Usually he makes Scheifele look like the Selke winner.

Tough collapse to give up 3 goals in the 3rd.

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
The Oilers must have collapsed last night because they were all over the Kings the first two periods. I went to bed and didn't watch the third and OT.
I was shocked when I checked the final score this morning. Had to do a double take.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Calgary... so it wasn't as mutual as said re Treliving leaving...

Friedman:

“Treliving and the Flames “mutually agreed to part ways” on Monday, five days after their last game of a disappointing 2022-23. Don Maloney, now President of Hockey Operations and interim GM, said Treliving first indicated last Wednesday he was leaving. It is believed a deteriorating relationship with Sutter played a major role in the GM’s decision, that the two could not continue working together and really hadn’t communicated well in some time. If Sutter didn’t have an extension, maybe the outcome is different.”

Treliving wasn't fired, he decided to leave. Sounds like he just got tired of fighting with Sutter. Now, one would think that the GM would just fire the coach if they can't work together, but Sutter just signed a 2-year $8 million extension, so the ownership probably wouldn't let Treliving fire Sutter.

As for where the Flames go in the future....

Flames president and CEO John Bean.... “I’m not allowed to ever use the word rebuild,” said Bean, echoing the age-old sentiment of an ownership group whose penchant for trying to remain forever competitive has left the team stuck in the middle for two decades – not good enough to be a serious competitor, but not bad enough for a top draft pick. The mushy-middle....

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
Saw this meme. Haven't found the actual interview yet. I am not sure this is a real quote, although it is presented as one. Anyone know? It is a pretty sick burn if it is.

1681827229262.png

StumpyTown

Sep 26, 2016
This angle of the Pavelski hit looks more malicious. Something strikes his head and he's out before hitting the ice.

I hate hits where a third guy comes in and hits a player already engaged with a guy. That being said, the hit is legal as far as the rulebook goes. It wasn't really late, and it was shoulder to shoulder. The damage is head on ice. I personally think the rules should be changed so that players can't just sucker hit a guy like this when he's engaged with another player. It's like it should be a 3rd man in type of penalty.

Reactions: raideralex99

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Calgary... so it wasn't as mutual as said re Treliving leaving...

Friedman:

“Treliving and the Flames “mutually agreed to part ways” on Monday, five days after their last game of a disappointing 2022-23. Don Maloney, now President of Hockey Operations and interim GM, said Treliving first indicated last Wednesday he was leaving. It is believed a deteriorating relationship with Sutter played a major role in the GM’s decision, that the two could not continue working together and really hadn’t communicated well in some time. If Sutter didn’t have an extension, maybe the outcome is different.”

Treliving wasn't fired, he decided to leave. Sounds like he just got tired of fighting with Sutter. Now, one would think that the GM would just fire the coach if they can't work together, but Sutter just signed a 2-year $8 million extension, so the ownership probably wouldn't let Treliving fire Sutter.

As for where the Flames go in the future....

Flames president and CEO John Bean.... “I’m not allowed to ever use the word rebuild,” said Bean, echoing the age-old sentiment of an ownership group whose penchant for trying to remain forever competitive has left the team stuck in the middle for two decades – not good enough to be a serious competitor, but not bad enough for a top draft pick. The mushy-middle....

As much as I complain about our ownership meddling it could be worse like in Calgary or Vancouver.

Jet

Chibby!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I hate hits where a third guy comes in and hits a player already engaged with a guy. That being said, the hit is legal as far as the rulebook goes. It wasn't really late, and it was shoulder to shoulder. The damage is head on ice. I personally think the rules should be changed so that players can't just sucker hit a guy like this when he's engaged with another player. It's like it should be a 3rd man in type of penalty.
They hit head to head, which I think is where the damage was done

jungles

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
Yeah, not sure how the "shoulder to shoulder" crowd misses his visor snapping back immediately on contact. That said, the biggest issue I have with the hit is that this wasn't a play to get the puck. The way Dumba lined him up, it was always about delivering punishment. Otherwise he would have turned towards the boards and attempting to knock the puck off his stick, IMO. The way he drifts in backwards is just weird, and you almost never see that on that spot on the ice.

Edited to add that I saw another angle where Hartman's stick was in the mix, so the head contact might not be as bad as some angles suggest.

That said, I think people make the mistake of assuming legal and dirty are mutually exclusive. It might have been legal by the letter of the law, but it was super dirty, IMO.

Last edited:

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Also on the Calgary front I'm sure a good many players are super thrilled that Sutter will be back.

I can see a mass exodus next offseason as a bunch of their FA's walk. Even the long term core has complained about him to the media. Fun times in Calgary and it's nice to know things don't just impload here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad