Around the NHL 10 - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Also on the Calgary front I'm sure a good many players are super thrilled that Sutter will be back.

I can see a mass exodus next offseason as a bunch of their FA's walk. Even the long term core has complained about him to the media. Fun times in Calgary and it's nice to know things don't just impload here.
Man, Calgary has a history of bringing in prick coaches. Heartley, then Sutter

It's hard enough attracting and retaining players in Canadian markets. Having a coach that makes you not want to come to the rink isn't doing yourself any favors

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
This angle of the Pavelski hit looks more malicious. Something strikes his head and he's out before hitting the ice.

It's not malicious.

The first stick that hits Pavelski's head is his own. Bieksa pointed that out last night, that Pavelski uses a white stick and that's the stick that first hits Pavelski in the head. Hartman's stick also hits him, but that's a result of him trying to make a play on Pavelski going around the net and getting his stick caught between Pavelski and Dumba when contact is made.

It's a bit late, but I don't think it was an intent to injure. Not that it matters, I don't think Dallas cares what Dumba's intention is.

Reactions: wraithsonwings

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
In any case, not a good look for Dumba to be laughing like a jackass in the penalty box while someone is down with a potential brain injury.
Logically, Dumba is indeed a jackass.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Jack7222

Mar 17, 2021
This angle of the Pavelski hit looks more malicious. Something strikes his head and he's out before hitting the ice.

To me it looks like a clean hit, but Hartman's stick gets involved and catches Pavelski in the head.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Flames are kind of in the same spot we are but I think they are possible worse off. Huberdeau likely had an outlier type of season in Florida and is closer to a 60-70 point guy. Kadri is what he is a decent 2nd line center. Backlund wants out. Overpay for Coleman and Mangiapane. Markstrom is a tire fire and they will be paying 8.2 Million per year to there goalie tandem next year and both guys were sub 900

Can they resign Lindholm,Hanifin,Toffoli and Backlund? Sounds like Backlund is out. The good news is they have some good prospects but Sutter is terrible with young kids
Kadri deal is terrible... should have dumped Lucic at TD - someone would have given him something for him

Others not so bad. Move on from Backlund and Toffoli... get Pelletier, Schwindt and Zary on the roster. Trade Tanev and Zadorov

Hire Brunette as HC - they will be in the playoffs after a year of mini-rebuild

Gotta feel bad for Paul Maurice right now. Panthers have no business playing with the Bruins, but PM will take the heat for starting the kid, even though Bobrovsky has sucked. Its a classic no-win situation.
Maurice thrives on 'no win' situations... it helps him keep his job - the team will have 'played like men' while swept in 4 and if their goalie has another year and the team has another year to learn the system... they'll be a Stanley cup competitor.... right?

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Flames are kind of in the same spot we are but I think they are possible worse off. Huberdeau likely had an outlier type of season in Florida and is closer to a 60-70 point guy. Kadri is what he is a decent 2nd line center. Backlund wants out. Overpay for Coleman and Mangiapane. Markstrom is a tire fire and they will be paying 8.2 Million per year to there goalie tandem next year and both guys were sub 900

Can they resign Lindholm,Hanifin,Toffoli and Backlund? Sounds like Backlund is out. The good news is they have some good prospects but Sutter is terrible with young kids

Yup very similar situation. They have also achieved less postseason success then us as well over the last 12 years.

We atleast will have cap space if we elect to turnover our expiring core players.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Yup very similar situation. They have also achieved less postseason success then us as well over the last 12 years.

We atleast will have cap space if we elect to turnover our expiring core players.
Seems pretty even - flames have won three series and so have we... we went further but they made the playoffs more

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Seems pretty even - flames have won three series and so have we... we went further but they made the playoffs more

One of those series was the play in series. If you count that as playoffs then we have made it in 6 times to their 5.

I'd also rate our 3 series wins ahead of theirs given one was a 5 game play in and not a 7 game series. Also we can come out ahead on that if we win a round this year.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Gotta feel bad for Paul Maurice right now. Panthers have no business playing with the Bruins, but PM will take the heat for starting the kid, even though Bobrovsky has sucked. Its a classic no-win situation.
I cannot understand how a coach like Maurice has lasted this long in the NHL ? It totally bewilders me. He seems to make every team he coaches worse, but comes up with great excuses to management as to why, and how things will get a lot better. At best the guy is a .500 coach. Nice guy tho, and gives good lip service with the media.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I cannot understand how a coach like Maurice has lasted this long in the NHL ? It totally bewilders me. He seems to make every team he coaches worse, but comes up with great excuses to management as to why, and how things will get a lot better. At best the guy is a .500 coach. Nice guy tho, and gives good lip service with the media.

He knows how to sell himself, I think it's that simple.

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I think I'll mozy on over to the Oiler board, and have a little fun reading the comments from that buzzing hornets nest. Oilers on their way to blowing another playoff series.:laugh:

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
I think I'll mozy on over to the Oiler board, and have a little fun reading the comments from that buzzing hornets nest. Oilers on their way to blowing another playoff series.:laugh:
Let’s hope so
They dropped game one last year too if I’m not mistaken, still won the series. Hopefully different outcome this time!

Reactions: Guardian17

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Let’s hope so
They dropped game one last year too if I’m not mistaken, still won the series. Hopefully different outcome this time!
I think they'll win the LA series, but they don't have enough to beat Colorado. I think the Jets would have a better chance, but let's see if they can win this Vegas series first.

Should add, I was reading in their forum someone threw a full beer can on to the ice from high up in the stands, and just missed an LA player. That's dangerous stuff, but their a greasy, rowdy fan base. Not all of course, but there's some real bad apples in that crowd.

Reactions: roccerfeller

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
I think they'll win the LA series, but they don't have enough to beat Colorado. I think the Jets would have a better chance, but let's see if they can win this Vegas series first.

Should add, I was reading in their forum someone threw a full beer can on to the ice from high up in the stands, and just missed an LA player. That's dangerous stuff, but their a greasy, rowdy fan base. Not all of course, but there's some real bad apples in that crowd.

I’ll be cheering against the oilers every game :naughty:

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
One of those series was the play in series. If you count that as playoffs then we have made it in 6 times to their 5.

I'd also rate our 3 series wins ahead of theirs given one was a 5 game play in and not a 7 game series. Also we can come out ahead on that if we win a round this year.
The NHL counts the Covid play-ins as official playoff games. They count all team and player stats in their official playoff numbers.

Reactions: surixon

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I know they do but many on these forms don't rate it.
I guess we can all make up our own rules on what should and shouldn't count, but it is the actual league that gets to make the decision on what counts as official stats. More than a few times I'd like to add a secondary assist to one of my players in a pool or fantasy league, but as a fan I don't get to override what the the NHL determines to be on their official record.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
30 minutes of hockey central on SN… 4 games tonight…. First 13 minutes spent talking about the Leafs…. 60 seconds talking about the Jets…3 minutes talking about betting… 6 commercials…Derek Lalonde a Detroit coach talking about the Leafs. More Leafs…

I turned it to the Devils game, couldn't take it. Hope the Leafs get swept and we don't have to hear more of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad