Around the NHL 10 - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Boy if teams fighting for a wildcard spot are humiliated, all team clearly out of the playoffs must feel really humiliated. So well more than half the players in the NHL are currently feeling humiliation by your standard.
Only at the first blush.
Then it’s ok :sarcasm:

Reactions: WolfHouse

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Boy if teams fighting for a wildcard spot are humiliated, all team clearly out of the playoffs must feel really humiliated. So well more than half the players in the NHL are currently feeling humiliation by your standard.
You can always tell how far a season has gone off the rails by how emotional and defensive some posters get... yeesh

And no teams that don't have the talent but try shouldn't feel humiliated... teams that are visibly tanking shouldn't... or teams that had injuries problems...

Right now, I'd say Calgary, Winnipeg, Florida are the three that come to mind.

Only at the first blush.
Then it’s ok :sarcasm:
Winnipeg's safe word is 'dancing Gabe'.

• Haha
Reactions: Luc Labelle

Oilpeg

Jun 3, 2014
Winnipeg
Per this source, they're 3rd in the league in most shorthanded times per game (262, 14 more than Boston and 33[!] more times than TB) and 5th worst in PK rate (74.05%)

2022-2023

Now, I'm no world class hockey mind, but it seems to me that this presents itself as a rather easy point of improvement.

Side note: Brandon Montour is in my fantasy replay team's top 4. Going over how my team's gonna look next year and it blew my mind to see a peripheral, offensive-first D man that was SEVENTH(!) overall with 99 PIM, just behind stalwarts like Arber Xhekaj and Austin Watson. Florida in fact has three players in the top eleven in PIM (Tkachuk and Lomberg the other two).

But OH NO, not a weakness on this team at all.

Yikes.
Montour has FIVE misconducts, that's half his total right there. Be interesting to know what he did to earn those. He's only got one major, so they aren't all instigators...lots of whining is my guess.

Reactions: AlphaLackey

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Montour has FIVE misconducts, that's half his total right there. Be interesting to know what he did to earn those. He's only got one major, so they aren't all instigators...lots of whining is my guess.
He's just playing with 'sand'.

Jet

Chibby!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
You can always tell how far a season has gone off the rails by how emotional and defensive some posters get... yeesh

And no teams that don't have the talent but try shouldn't feel humiliated... teams that are visibly tanking shouldn't... or teams that had injuries problems...

Making posts about feeling humiliated vs. posts that come with logic.

Who is emotional?

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Making posts about feeling humiliated vs. posts that come with logic.

Who is emotional?
Who said i was humiliated... haha - its only hockey

But if i consistently laid a turd called the winnipeg jets powerplay each night when im supposedly a superstar... then i would be. And should be.

If you think dropping from first to barely wild card is fine, hey maybe tnse has a job for you...!

Jet

Chibby!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Who said i was humiliated... haha - its only hockey

But if i consistently laid a turd called the winnipeg jets powerplay each night when im supposedly a superstar... then i would be. And should be.

If you think dropping from first to barely wild card is fine, hey maybe tnse has a job for you...!
Well you said someone was humiliated, I was trying to figure out who it was.

I don't think the Jets performance since the all star break is fine, its very concerning. I don't see how it's humiliating however.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
Montreal was nice enough to give the Sabres a chance in the SO by sending out D-men to take the SO shots. Sabres deserved the win for the fake cross-check penalty in OT.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

Actually it is my peeve of people not being able to use words that convey emotions in the proper context. Same reason I point out when people use the word embarrassment out of context and actually misunderstand what the word actually means.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Actually it is my peeve of people not being able to use words that convey emotions in the proper context. Same reason I point out when people use the word embarrassment out of context and actually misunderstand what the word actually means.
I am a director and screenwriter. I know exactly what words I am using for this context.

Falling from first in the division to barely above tanking teams, not giving a shit game after game and coasting while make millions should be humiliating. If its not, then we may have figured out the problem with this team. I think someone mentioned we have the worst record in the league since xmas? I mean what more do you want.

Reactions: Luc Labelle

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I am a director and screenwriter. I know exactly what words I am using for this context.

Falling from first in the division to barely above tanking teams, not giving a shit game after game and coasting while make millions should be humiliating. If its not, then we may have figured out the problem with this team. I think someone mentioned we have the worst record in the league since xmas? I mean what more do you want.
Then you should have used humiliated in the right context. The Jets players would all need to feel foolish with injured dignity and a loss of self respect to be humiliated because of their recent team setbacks. The few pros I knew are about as confident and self assured as a person can be no matter what happens in their lives. They have already won at life and everything that happens after that is gravy. I highly doubt that the professional athletes on the Jets all feel this way during down times as they have all been through ups and downs throughout their careers. I would guess they are feeling frustrated at the moment. Or maybe your just projecting your own feelings onto your team?

jungles

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
Since we are gatekeeping what words people around here are allowed to use, might as well google "hyperbole" while you are at it. It might help put words like humiliating and embarrassing in context.

Reactions: WolfHouse

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Then you should have used humiliated in the right context. The Jets players would all need to feel foolish with injured dignity and a loss of self respect to be humiliated because of their recent team setbacks. The few pros I knew are about as confident and self assured as a person can be no matter what happens in their lives. They have already won at life and everything that happens after that is gravy. I highly doubt that the professional athletes on the Jets all feel this way during down times as they have all been through ups and downs throughout their careers. I would guess they are feeling frustrated at the moment. Or maybe your just projecting your own feelings onto your team?
You are mixing proper etiquette with verbosity.

Ive only been humiliated as a fan when my sask rider fan buddy STOPPED razzing me and was trying to be nice at the end of the labour day tim burke rout.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
You are mixing proper etiquette with verbosity.

Ive only been humiliated as a fan when my sask rider fan buddy STOPPED razzing me and was trying to be nice at the end of the labour day tim burke rout.
But these guys are just doing their jobs. Right now things aren't going well, but they have lived through ups and downs before. The best of them still go home to their beautiful wives in their large mansions, with luxury vehicles in the driveway. In the off season they go to summer homes and travel the world. The smart ones invest well and live comfortably throughout their lives after relatively short careers. Of course there are the lower tier guys that just grind out what they can, but even they make well more than the average person and live a life full of perks for as long as they can. Hell I knew a couple East Coast level guys and they live a life most of us would envy. We are all irrelevant to their lives, unless there is some sort of personal connection. They certainly don't care what we think, and they certainly don't feel humiliated during down times.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
I was talking to my mom and she mentionned how mad she gets when the Jets look like they aren't putting in a proper effort.

It almost sounds like some people take it personally. I can't wrap my head around that

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Since we are gatekeeping what words people around here are allowed to use, might as well google "hyperbole" while you are at it. It might help put words like humiliating and embarrassing in context.

Sports writers are just about the worst at using words in proper context.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

Director and screenwriter? The Dude is available.:laugh:

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
But these guys are just doing their jobs. Right now things aren't going well, but they have lived through ups and downs before. The best of them still go home to their beautiful wives in their large mansions, with luxury vehicles in the driveway. In the off season they go to summer homes and travel the world. The smart ones invest well and live comfortably throughout their lives after relatively short careers. Of course there are the lower tier guys that just grind out what they can, but even they make well more than the average person and live a life full of perks for as long as they can. Hell I knew a couple East Coast level guys and they live a life most of us would envy. We are all irrelevant to their lives, unless there is some sort of personal connection. They certainly don't care what we think, and they certainly don't feel humiliated during down times.
I honestly have no fkn idea what tangent you are on right now... but good luck with it.

Irregardless I never think about the Miss Use of the English language :sarcasm:
Inconceivable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad