Around the NHL 10 - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Let's go crazy here

Scheif Helle to Detroit both 1sts, Cossa, edvinsson and Husso (cap reasons)

Could convince me to take one of the Johansson too. Maybe the right shot one or William Wallinder. Detroit has some (a bunch) of good D prospects.

Last edited:

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Connor Dubois perfetti
Nino Names Ehlers
Barron Lowry

Morrissey
Samberg
Heinola Demelo

Husso. Holm (cuz why not)

The rest can be traded

Maybe Detroit can keep Cossa cuz our boy Dom D looks strong but he's a few years out still and you add another guy but yeah.. not awful

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
The whole "checking line" thing is one of the puzzling things about a puzzling org.

And according to some sources (Murat among them) this goes beyond coaching to the heart the org and how it wants its team to play. Why they want to shape the team from a template rather than analyzing the parts and working to get the best out of those players is also up for discussion, but it's been going on for years.

Bowness and his team have done plenty of good things in terms of defence and PK but he too seems to like this scoring / sometimes scoring / checking / 5 mins energy & PK line breakdown and is as reluctant to modify it as he is to break down the PP.

Also agree with some others who have noted that our coaches see the bottom 6 as the model for "playing the right way," which at this point is stifling our creativity off the rush and bleeding into a PP that is trending towards the bottom of the league at 1/27 or whatever it's at now.

I honestly wonder at this point how the Jets might play if they were coaching themselves, as in some of the garbage-time hockey of yore. Sometimes IMO coaches needs to get out of their own way. This may be one of those times.
I mean this was also bowness' model in dallas so its likely part of the reason he was hired

Reactions: GeorgeJETson

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
So here I am hoping for a Toronto win while trying not to puke for doing so

TtQG0o.gif

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Bruins and hurricanes fighting hard - the east is going to be such a bloodbath this year - cant wait

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Tor up 2-0 so far on Nash

Go Leafs Go! :laugh:

I have never had that big an issue with the Leafs since they have never really won anything (I don’t give allot of weight to 6 team league results). Now when the fans invade our building en masse and I am there I do get competitive if I’m in the building. As a kid growing up in Saskatchewan I use to kind of like the Leafs in the Sittler McDonald Salming era. Mostly it was that they were always underdog’s and the really sad sack rivals of the Habs who were actually dominant in that era and storied before they became irrelevant.

Now I reserve the right to change my mind if the Leafs every finally win something.

Reactions: Been around

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Go Leafs Go! :laugh:

I have never had that big an issue with the Leafs since they have never really won anything (I don’t give allot of weight to 6 team league results). Now when the fans invade our building en masse and I am there I do get competitive if I’m in the building. As a kid growing up in Saskatchewan I use to kind of like the Leafs in the Sittler McDonald Salming era. Mostly it was that they were always underdog’s and the really sad sack rivals of the Habs who were actually dominant in that era and storied before they became irrelevant.

Now I reserve the right to change my mind if the Leafs every finally win something.
I was born here but grew up on the east coast as a Jets fan. Everyone there was either a Leafs fan or a Habs fan and the only games we got on HNIC were Leafs games. Announcers were giant homers and it always drove me nuts. Ironically I played minor hockey with Rick Vaive's cousins

Reactions: Jets 31 and ps241

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Let's go crazy here

Could convince me to take one of the Johansson too. Maybe the right shot one or William Wallinder. Detroit has some (a bunch) of good D prospects.

They're not giving up Edvinsson.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Puke not, fair Buffdog. :)

Fun fact: Shakespeare (who also may have hated the Leafs) adapted the German word "spucken" and invented "puke" in this exchange -

All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players:
They have their exits and their entrances;
And one man in his time plays many parts,
His team, The Leafs, having lost seven ages.
The average fan, recoils from this horror
Mewling and puking in Sportsnet.ca's arms.

Some may recognize some lyrics borrowed by the Canadian rock band, Rush (Limelight).

Rush-300x188.jpg

Last edited:

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Let's go crazy here

Definitely crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad