Around the NHL 10 - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
Flames have the worse OT record. 6 wins in 21 OT so far year.
If they were better and win 50% of their OT games
Flames would be tied with Jets
The difference is Marky vs Bucky
If we had Markstrom we are a lottery team

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB

Just going by save percentage difference alone, Bucky is 2.7% better than Markstrom's .891; over Bucky's 1664 shots, that's like 44.9 more goals against! Going with average rate of 2.8G to 1 point, we got like 65 points and we're jostling with Arizona and St. Louis. Yikes.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Just going by save percentage difference alone, Bucky is 2.7% better than Markstrom's .891; over Bucky's 1664 shots, that's like 44.9 more goals against! Going with average rate of 2.8G to 1 point, we got like 65 points and we're jostling with Arizona and St. Louis. Yikes.

That doesn’t surprise me Goaltending is so critical and we have one of the best in the business. Also crazy that Markstrom finished last season with a .922 save percentage and was in the Vezina conversation.

Goaltending is Voodoo

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
just something i've been looking at periodically through the year since scoring depth has been a pain-point of this team id say.

1679238699299.png

Seattle's offensive depth improved drastically vs last season. last year for the entire season they had 7 players with 10+ goals.

last year STL had 9 players with 20+ goals (the most of any team) wonder if we may see something similar

It's interesting that these "businesses" can lose money and still have skyrocketing valuations. Almost as if we aren't getting the full story.
unless you're getting an under the cover look of their financials you certainly aren't getting the full story. the buyer will certainly be getting that though.

i wouldn't be surprised if orgs are spending lots/negative cash flows but still getting relatively good valuations. it depends where & what that money is going to, and the expected return. also depends on what is all included with sales.

Last edited:

RabidOne

Drinking all the beers
Apr 15, 2014
Kelowna
One of my friends bought a commercial property in Winnipeg 15 years ago for under $2 and sold it for $9 million recently. Just timed the market well unintentionally. He was intentional about getting in on owning his propety but did luck out a bit on timing. Glad you got your lift do you still lift in the House.
That was 4 houses back. We sold about 2 years ago and moved to Kelowna.

Reactions: ps241

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
The problem with that statement is that if the Flames won half of their OT games the teams that beat the Flames would have less points.
"The what if?" statement doesn't mean a thing.
What if Wheeler wasn't on the PP ... how many more wins would the Jets have.:laugh:

Reactions: Been around

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Marc Andre Fleury is one of my favourite players in the league, he's a guy who deserves the cameras. And the Hall of Fame. I think St. Louis has to buy out Binnington after this season, he's a loose cannon.
They probably don't need the cap space next year. They would be carrying the cap hit for 8 years. The cheap part of the buyout would be in the first 3 years when they won't need the space. The last 5 years, the cap hit is much higher and by then they likely need it.

They could send him to the AHL and save 1 mil+ in cap space. If they are lucky, he goes ballistic and refuses to report. Or he reports and they keep him there for another year or two before buying him out. The hit would be less then.

Last edited:
Reactions: GNP

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Watching the Bruins in Buffalo…you think there are a lot of Bruins fans at the Jets game, you should see in Buffalo. I don’t think there are any Sabre fans in their own building.

Reactions: macmaroon

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
It's interesting that these "businesses" can lose money and still have skyrocketing valuations. Almost as if we aren't getting the full story.
It's pretty simple. You couldn't start your own NHL team in Ottawa or anywhere else. There's only 32 franchises for sale. Imagine if there were 32 Tim Horton's in all of Canada how valuable the right to own one of them would be.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
My wife was having some serious issues with the humidity, medication related.
We have friends here, seemed like we could get a head start on retirement living. So we bought a place and put in a pool. No complaints so far.

There we go!!

I like BC allot but my plans for where I live will be determined by where my two kids settle and my health.

If either of my children pick Winnipeg as home I will choose Winnipeg and Lake of the woods as my fair weather home base with large swaths of the winter in warmer interesting locals TBD.

If Both my kids relocate then it’s on to plan B.

BoneDocUK

Recovering hockey fandoc
Oct 1, 2015
There we go!!

I like BC allot but my plans for where I live will be determined by where my two kids settle and my health.

If either of my children pick Winnipeg as home I will choose Winnipeg and Lake of the woods as my fair weather home base with large swaths of the winter in warmer interesting locals TBD.

If Both my kids relocate then it’s on to plan B.

Sounds good to me.

We kept our wee place on LoTW. Not so easy to get there for weekends from the UK but there's nowhere else in the world like it, and it's a toehold for our kids to return to if they fancy going to school or living in Canada.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Watching the Bruins in Buffalo…you think there are a lot of Bruins fans at the Jets game, you should see in Buffalo. I don’t think there are any Sabre fans in their own building.

Combination of proximity to a lot of more well supported teams (Toronto, New York, Boston) and lots of losing over lots of years.

Reactions: cbcwpg

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Sounds good to me.

We kept our wee place on LoTW. Not so easy to get there for weekends from the UK but there's nowhere else in the world like it, and it's a toehold for our kids to return to if they fancy going to school or living in Canada.

How did you end up in the UK? I have travelled allot to England and Scotland and love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad