Around the NHL 10 - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Quite the investment that Chipman made if he ever decides to sell of course the Jets aren't 900m but still he would make a healthy profit over his initial investment

Asset appreciation is interesting. Its very real when you realize the lift on a sale but short of that its just another Picaso handing on the wall. Doesn’t stop you from having to borrow $15 or $20 million to meet payroll If the income statements are upside down. Still its pretty amazing timing for the guys who bought that wave of NHL teams.

It does make your net worth statements attractive.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Asset appreciation is interesting. Its very real when you realize the lift on a sale but short of that its just another Picaso handing on the wall. Doesn’t stop you from having to borrow $15 or $20 million to meet payroll If the income statements are upside down. Still its pretty amazing timing for the guys who bought that wave of NHL teams.

It does make your net worth statements attractive.
Shows why a company like TNSE shouldn't be too worried about turning a profit as long as cash flow isn't a crippling issue.

As long as franchise appreciation > operating losses year over year, things are fine

B33R LEAGUE

"Just another day at the office" -Byfuglien
May 19, 2021

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Tnse will do really well once they sell the team to an atlanta billionaire in five years

None

Feb 22, 2012
It's a good thing Markstrom spits out every shot against with an awful rebound.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I bought my first house in Vancouver for 309k. Its now worth 1.5 million.

One of my friends bought a commercial property in Winnipeg 15 years ago for under $2 and sold it for $9 million recently. Just timed the market well unintentionally. He was intentional about getting in on owning his propety but did luck out a bit on timing. Glad you got your lift do you still lift in the House.

Reactions: RabidOne
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad