Around the NHL 10 - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
At least we aren't the Coyotes....

The Vegas Golden Knights have traded the contract of Shea Weber and a 2023 fifth-round pick to the Arizona Coyotes for defenseman Dysin Mayo.

Yeah, Mayo isn't a good player and 26 years old, and they get a 5th in return, but trading to just get bad contracts so you can just get to the cap floor year after year after year. Sure teams that spend money aren't guaranteed to win, but teams that never spend money are more likely to lose.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
At least we aren't the Coyotes....

The Vegas Golden Knights have traded the contract of Shea Weber and a 2023 fifth-round pick to the Arizona Coyotes for defenseman Dysin Mayo.

Yeah, Mayo isn't a good player and 26 years old, and they get a 5th in return, but trading to just get bad contracts so you can just get to the cap floor year after year after year. Sure teams that spend money aren't guaranteed to win, but teams that never spend money are more likely to lose.

Losing is exactly what they want to do right now, much better to do that on the cheap than pay for it. They're trying to time being good just around when the new arena is ready is my bet.

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
Losing is exactly what they want to do right now, much better to do that on the cheap than pay for it. They're trying to time being good just around when the new arena is ready is my bet.
My God, think I’d barf if that useless organization won the Bedard lottery. Sure, better than Montreal, Chicago or Philadelphia, but they sure don’t deserve him.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
My God, think I’d barf if that useless organization won the Bedard lottery. Sure, better than Montreal, Chicago or Philadelphia, but they sure don’t deserve him.

It's not just Bedard, even without him they have Cooley, Guenther, whoever they get from the Chychrun trade, and likely a Fantilli or someone like that. They're loading up.

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
It's not just Bedard, even without him they have Cooley, Guenther, whoever they get from the Chychrun trade, and likely a Fantilli or someone like that. They're loading up.
Can’t ever see that pathetic organization building a winner. They’ll waste all those talented players.

None

Feb 22, 2012
Shots are now 32-8 and Arizona is up 3-2 with only 8 SOG :laugh:

Calgary tied it as I posted :dunno:

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
They are a looooooong way away from being a playoff contender. When some of these players enter the league they are not going to light it right away...at least unlikely they will. Despite being a bottom feeder for several years, the Coyotes farm is still not that great which reeks of organizational incompetence.

I bet they will be no better than fake .500 a couple years from now at best (2024-25).

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
They are a looooooong way away from being a playoff contender. When some of these players enter the league they are not going to light it right away...at least unlikely they will. Despite being a bottom feeder for several years, the Coyotes farm is still not that great which reeks of organizational incompetence.

I bet they will be no better than fake .500 a couple years from now at best (2024-25).

New arena doesn't track to be ready for about 4 to 5 years I believe so they've got time.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Stars blow a 3-0 lead to lose in regulation to the Hawks... looks like neither the Jets nor the Stars want 1st in the Central... maybe Colorado/Minny will pull it off.

I assume, based on our prior discourse, that the stars should also "blow it up" and bla bla bla, given that they've won five less games than the #1 ROW team in the division, soooo...? *shrug*

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Stars blow a 3-0 lead to lose in regulation to the Hawks... looks like neither the Jets nor the Stars want 1st in the Central... maybe Colorado/Minny will pull it off.

Minnesota is having similar scoring problems as the Jets. Colorado could pull it off.

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
I'd rather eat pizza at pretty much any other chain, and a couple store bought frozen types before Pizza Hotline
:thumbd:
One man's trash is another man's treasure I guess.

I do add the caveat that I haven't lived in Winnipeg for 15 years so maybe it was better back then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad