Around the NHL 10 - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
That's not what he is doing. He is not defending a racist. Nowhere did he say the guy was right or justified. He is just disapproving of the resort to violence.
conversation was over. really don't see why you feel the need to get involved a day later when everyone has moved on...

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
"Reduce", I hate to break it to you. People willing to respond to an insult with violence are, by definition, willing to use violence where it's not necessary. Combine that with the fact that sometimes, the insulted person is in error, and yeah, you don't eliminate shit.

Maybe George Parros will be in charge of that suspension too, the guy will be back after one game :P

I think the bolded is the key here.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I hope we don't start going down a sociopolitical path around here again, this is not the place for it.

I will say having lived in the US for 6 years now my real, day to day life experience is not that. I will also say I've seen plenty of bullshit coming out of the mouths of rural manitobans I know.

I find the majority of Americans to be quite lovely, kind and friendly actually.

Are you deliberately differentiating between rural and urban Manitobans? Or is it just that your experience lies there? :laugh:

Reactions: kanadalainen

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
Most of the Americans I have known or met have been good people, as far as I could tell.

But Amerika is a mess in so many ways.
I lived abroad for many years and Americans were always the friendliest people.

I get culture shock when I cross the border into the states with friendly people everywhere.

Reactions: buggs

JetsNut

Jan 28, 2015
Some dude got punched in Dallas

Don't say stupid things
Don't punch people in the face

Listen yes he got what he deserved but you don't know hat that person is capable of. What if he had a gun or knife. You just punched some dude and got shot. Let security deal with it. You both end up with a ban for the rink for nothing.
Can’t see him having a gun or a knife and passing metal detectors. That punk got what he deserved. Classic case of when you f#*k with the bull you get the horns.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Frigging Dallas is going to squeak out another OT game. Kucherov missed two empty net situations on the doorstep of the net. Garbage. A few minutes left for TB to get it together. Both teams look like they are playing not to lose more than playing to win.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I think a lot of hesitation is his 3M salary. He still has one more year of RFA after this year, and will probably not be receiving a raise. Worth a gamble to shore up the bottom-end of our roster. Might even be able to fill in the top 6 if needed/injuries happen. It will hurt what we can do at the deadline though.

Not only will he not get a raise but he will probably not get a QO at 3 mil. Someone will sign him for half that - and he might be good at that price.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
To be fair, I want neither of them

If meier had chemistry with ehlers... then pay the price and give him an extra 500k per year for shitty weather bonus

Just had this thought - maybe we, including me, are putting a little too much weight on the value of a C over a W. Can a mediocre 2C get 'good enough' results playing with 2 outstanding wingers? For example, I'm thinking of a line with a playmaker like Perfetti and a power forward like Meier centred by X. X being a C who can play a responsible game. Maybe not create much but not have the play die on his stick. Play well enough in his own end to minimize getting hemmed in. Could even possibly be Toews or Wheeler or a younger guy as described above.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010

that could be a huge blow

goalie values at the tdl is always a bit murky for me since usually if you're a PO or cup team you have goaltending solidfied. but i think Arizona could get a solid deal on Vejemelka. VGK, LA, SEA could use goaltending upgrades

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
conversation was over. really don't see why you feel the need to get involved a day later when everyone has moved on...

Mostly, I was just reading. A couple of things I decided to jump in on - but you are right. It was over, I should have just stayed out.

Reactions: AlphaLackey

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Just had this thought - maybe we, including me, are putting a little too much weight on the value of a C over a W. Can a mediocre 2C get 'good enough' results playing with 2 outstanding wingers? For example, I'm thinking of a line with a playmaker like Perfetti and a power forward like Meier centred by X. X being a C who can play a responsible game. Maybe not create much but not have the play die on his stick. Play well enough in his own end to minimize getting hemmed in. Could even possibly be Toews or Wheeler or a younger guy as described above.
I think we missed a huge opportunity to not let Copp develop as a C with Laine and ehlers for example... so yes I agree

I like Wheeler at centre or maybe perfetti - but preferably you get a copp type player as a part of the return for pld

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I lived abroad for many years and Americans were always the friendliest people.

I get culture shock when I cross the border into the states with friendly people everywhere.

:laugh: I don't see THAT much friendly. Not compared to friendly Manitoba (it really is). Of course, I don't go South all that much either. But I have still been exposed to quite a few Americans over the years. I have a few American cousins and I have met others through business. At least on the surface, they have just been normal decent people.

Unfortunately, racism runs both deep and wide. It is embedded in their culture and their history. But it is not like we don't have racism in Canada too.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
i remember that short stint he played between ehlers and laine in 17-18, it was a couple weeks before they acquired stastny. he was fine between those two. then he played top-6 wing with stastny and ehlers during the canadian division year, and the one after, and that line was really good. i think he meshed well with our top-6ers whenever given a chance.

if pld is dealt, obviously depends where, my target last year would've been chytil from NYR as part of a package. kind of a lesser known player i supposed with solid underlying at the time and poised for a break-out. and now look at this year. given his TOI and linemates, he's been pretty productive. better scoring rates than PLD playing with their lotto busts. dunno how keen NYR would be in moving him.
I think we missed a huge opportunity to not let Copp develop as a C with Laine and ehlers for example... so yes I agree

I like Wheeler at centre or maybe perfetti - but preferably you get a copp type player as a part of the return for pld

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

Copp has done absolutely horrible with Detroit, especially for the money he's getting. I'm glad we traded Copp when we did. 5 goals and 21 assists for 26 points in 51 games so far this season. Copp is getting 5.625 million a year for 5 years , that's way too much.

Reactions: thereturn
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad