Around the NHL 10 - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Apparently the guy that was talking shit and got punched is now spewing the same crap online . Sometimes really big losers need a smack in the mouth, especially when they are talking shit and challenging you to a fight. :dunno:

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
naw, sorry the racist dude who threatened the guy is in the wrong, if you want to eliminate your chances of being hit, then don't threaten random guys

"Reduce", I hate to break it to you. People willing to respond to an insult with violence are, by definition, willing to use violence where it's not necessary. Combine that with the fact that sometimes, the insulted person is in error, and yeah, you don't eliminate shit.

Also, imagine getting yourself permanently banned from the arena because someone said some mean words.

Maybe George Parros will be in charge of that suspension too, the guy will be back after one game :P

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Also, imagine getting yourself permanently banned from the arena because someone said some mean words.
Apparently the guy that threw the punch is a long time season ticket holder and other season ticket holders were thanking him because the couple weren't even supposed to be sitting in those seats and were being ass's the moment they sat down. Don't know why someone didn't call security but they didn't.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Apparently the guy that threw the punch is a long time season ticket holder and other season ticket holders were thanking him because the couple weren't even supposed to be sitting in those seats and were being ass's the moment they sat down. Don't know why someone didn't call security but they didn't.

"Snitching" is "unmanly".

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
"Reduce", I hate to break it to you. People willing to respond to an insult with violence are, by definition, willing to use violence where it's not necessary. Combine that with the fact that sometimes, the insulted person is in error, and yeah, you don't eliminate shit.
you are ignoring the part where he was threatened with violence first... which could easily be argued in court as self defense. but yes continue to defend a racist

Reactions: JetsNut and DRW204

Jet

Chibby!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Your poor family, I send my sympathies :sarcasm:

There are good people everywhere, but the USA is definitely goin' downhill at record speed. Don't worry though, Canada is right behind them!

Arena security should handle the situation, not ushers as they are not trained for physical confrontation.

Also, many people DO go around droppin' N bombs. It's especially popular in them southern states.
I hope we don't start going down a sociopolitical path around here again, this is not the place for it.

I will say having lived in the US for 6 years now my real, day to day life experience is not that. I will also say I've seen plenty of bullshit coming out of the mouths of rural manitobans I know.

I find the majority of Americans to be quite lovely, kind and friendly actually.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
you are ignoring the part where he was threatened with violence first... which could easily be argued in court as self defense. but yes continue to defend a racist

It would never be argued as "self defence". They'd probably decline to charge, if anything, viewing it as a mutual consenting fight.

And you can continue to falsely say "I'm defending a racist" a hundred times, and you'll be just as wrong the hundredth time around, but at least that's a falsifiable accusation; so I do appreciate you sticking to that a lot more than those slippery "I wonder" insinuations. I've already laid out my position plenty so just scroll up if you need a refresher.

Reactions: WolfHouse

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
It would never be argued as "self defence". They'd probably decline to charge, if anything, viewing it as a mutual consenting fight.

And you can continue to falsely say "I'm defending a racist" a hundred times, and you'll be just as wrong the hundredth time around, but at least that's a falsifiable accusation; so I do appreciate you sticking to that a lot more than those slippery "I wonder" insinuations. I've already laid out my position plenty so just scroll up if you need a refresher.

What is self-defense?​

For self-defense to be a valid legal strategy, a defendant must prove that he or she was justified in taking the unlawful action of an assault because the other person acted violently or made threats of violence.

Texas law holds that a person isn’t guilty of a crime when he or she committed actions for the purpose of self-protection which was reasonable at the time.

Reactions: JetsNut

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
So folks…

What’s going on around the NHL… ?

:popcorn:

We're getting Timo Meier, I know this because I am personally dedicating 100% of my energy into willing this into existence.

Last thing on that other topic: thanks to @gojetsgo for finding that citation for me, and I see now that I was likely in error, *assuming* that there isn't some requirement that the person making the threat must plausibly likely in carrying out that threat. Because if there was, I wouldn't want to be the lawyer having to convince the jury that Linguine Limb Larry was more threatening than his girlfriend was.

Reactions: John Agar

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
So folks…

What’s going on around the NHL… ?

:popcorn:

Some dude got punched in Dallas

Don't say stupid things
Don't punch people in the face

Listen yes he got what he deserved but you don't know hat that person is capable of. What if he had a gun or knife. You just punched some dude and got shot. Let security deal with it. You both end up with a ban for the rink for nothing.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
According to TSN online due to cap considerations the Oilers might have to put Puljujarvi on waivers before the trade deadline, if that happens what team takes a flyer on him

Hopefully us. He's better defensively than all the waivers guys and replacement stuff we trot out, and his "awful year" still has him pacing around the "great bottom 6" guys we have like Appleton, Stenlund and AJF. Plus it's 3 mil this year then he's an RFA. If you want a shutdown line with Lowry this years Pulju would be a good choice unlike broken down Toews.

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
I will say having lived in the US for 6 years now my real, day to day life experience is not that. I will also say I've seen plenty of bullshit coming out of the mouths of rural manitobans I know.

I find the majority of Americans to be quite lovely, kind and friendly actually.

Oh yeah, Manitoba has enough trashy people to fill the Brady Road Landfill. Most of my dealings with Americans have also been lovely! I work with many every day for my job, it's about who you surround yourself with. Like I said, there are good (and awful) people everywhere.

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
You're the first person I've seen who is looking forward to us picking up Jesse, I'm not gonna lie. But he sounds a lot better when you slot him in as a bottom 6 / waiver-wire-replacement player, I'll give you that.

I think a lot of hesitation is his 3M salary. He still has one more year of RFA after this year, and will probably not be receiving a raise. Worth a gamble to shore up the bottom-end of our roster. Might even be able to fill in the top 6 if needed/injuries happen. It will hurt what we can do at the deadline though.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
It would be funny if he went to another team and started lighting it up and living up to his draft pedigree.
Edmonton management and fans would be...
giphy.gif

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
You're the first person I've seen who is looking forward to us picking up Jesse, I'm not gonna lie. But he sounds a lot better when you slot him in as a bottom 6 / waiver-wire-replacement player, I'll give you that.

He's "at worst" really good defensively. He was generating good offense last year as a physical guy who could carry it in or dig out the puck after a dump in. I question his offensive upside at this point but that's also why he'd be free. He's a poor mans Nichushkin-esque reclamation project. If he can put the tools together even slightly like Nuke did he could be a good 3rd liner under team control who plays a Lowry style game.

And again, no real risk outside 3 mil in capspace this year minus the cap hit of whoever we waive.

Reactions: AlphaLackey

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
He's "at worst" really good defensively. He was generating good offense last year as a physical guy who could carry it in or dig out the puck after a dump in. I question his offensive upside at this point but that's also why he'd be free. He's a poor mans Nichushkin-esque reclamation project. If he can put the tools together even slightly like Nuke did he could be a good 3rd liner under team control who plays a Lowry style game.

And again, no real risk outside 3 mil in capspace this year minus the cap hit of whoever we waive.
Well interviews with other Jets players would be more entertaining.:laugh:

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011

But he's not really good defensively...he's more of a straight line skater, who drives the net well.

The Oilers found success last year when they put together Foegele-Mc Leod-Yamamoto as a checking line.
And still JP struggled on the 2nd line with two very good players, in the Nuge and Hyman. I'm sure with Holloway in the wings, and guys like Janmark, Derek Ryan, and Klim Kostin outscoring him, he's an after thought now in Edmonton. Especially with a big -13 beside his name.

The only value he has is if he gets put into a scenario where he can be successful. I don't see him as a top 6 option on the Jets, unless players go down, and he isn't going to get on Lowry's line, so that's an investment in a marginal player, that you are hoping catches fire. I could see him on the Hurricanes, as a fit, with Kotkaniemi.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
All of a sudden the Wild find themselves clinging to the last wild card spot in a dog fight with a pack of teams for their playoff lives.
3 games in hand, lose all 3. Colorado gets 1 point in 2 games. Nashville loses their only game. Dallas and Vegas are the only teams in the West that have trended upwards since the break, Vegas by beating 2 of those teams. Calgary has only got a point in 2 games, so it's not a race right now, but a battle of attrition.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
But he's not really good defensively...he's more of a straight line skater, who drives the net well.

The Oilers found success last year when they put together Foegele-Mc Leod-Yamamoto as a checking line.
And still JP struggled on the 2nd line with two very good players, in the Nuge and Hyman. I'm sure with Holloway in the wings, and guys like Janmark, Derek Ryan, and Klim Kostin outscoring him, he's an after thought now in Edmonton. Especially with a big -13 beside his name.

The only value he has is if he gets put into a scenario where he can be successful. I don't see him as a top 6 option on the Jets, unless players go down, and he isn't going to get on Lowry's line, so that's an investment in a marginal player, that you are hoping catches fire. I could see him on the Hurricanes, as a fit, with Kotkaniemi.

He struggled offensively.

Even with his struggles offensively this year he's better than Appleton.

Here he was last year before his awful offensive season so far

He's not getting 3 mil after this offensive year, could be a cheap, much better depth option next year.

Reactions: SLAYER

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
He struggled offensively.

Even with his struggles offensively this year he's better than Appleton.

Here he was last year before his awful offensive season so far

He's not getting 3 mil after this offensive year, could be a cheap, much better depth option next year.

Interesting stats, but it's strange that he is -13 on an island all of his own with a team that otherwise has good numbers. While +/- doesn't tell you a lot, it means that he is getting scored on more than any of his teammates, and in multiple different combinations, because no one else in the forward group is near that number.

His 3.1/60 GA ES would put him behind only Kuhlman here among forwards, and tied with several of the Jets stars, whose numbers are impacted by EN goals against.

I've never thought of Puljujarvi as a defensive forward, simply because I don't think his skating is anywhere near strong enough for a defensive role, so those stats you have are hard to understand, maybe a result of getting some ice time with Mc Jesus, who tips the shot meter generally?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad