Around the NHL 10 - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Just looking through the scores and Knights are beating the Predators 4-1. Halfway through the 3rd almost and Nashville have 7 total shots!

Reactions: hn777

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
1675833107329.png

Probably the best race in the NHL right now. 2 points from 1st to 4th. Calgary is tied with Colorado and Minnesota, having played 2 more games, for what could be the final WC spot.

Reactions: ps241

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
What the heck are the Canucks going to do about their awful defense in the next couple years to improve?! They have one possible franchise defenseman in Hughes, but after that is there anyone in their current lineup that would comfortably be a top-4 defenseman on a decent club?

Rathbone was drafted 6 years ago I think so at this point I doubt he projects as more than a #5 or #6. They don't have any other legit good d prospects from what I see and as we know even a good top-4 prospect can take a minimum of 3 years after they are drafted before they are ready for the show.

Maybe they trade Boeser for a decent d prospect who was drafted a year or two ago? I'm not sure there will be much available in free agency this summer.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Another angle of that is that Dallas is good at taking games to OT but terrible at 3v3, which doesn't happen in the playoffs.

You know exactly what my rebuttal will be -- Dallas has been insanely lucky in coin tosses thus far, and come playoffs, that mean's ripe for the regression ;)

Another angle of that is that Dallas is good at taking games to OT but terrible at 3v3, which doesn't happen in the playoffs.

But yes you are absolutely correct, 3v3 regular season OT is *absolutely nothing* like NHL playoff 5v5 OT.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
and epic break-out season for Rasmus Dahlin too. if he finishes at 90+ pts (on pace for 92), he'd be behind Orr, Coffey & Potvin for the highest scoring NHL season as a 22 year old Dman.

That’s pretty crazy. Scoring is up this season and I haven’t really had a chance to look too closely at Dahlin but that a quite the pace. I think it proves patience is important with young D men. Buffalo might have rushed him into the NHL but he has sure found his footing.

Just noticed he is pacing for a career high 232 shots on goal and he is sporting a 9.9 shooting % (which is a touch high) but still the trajectory of his career shooting volume is great, especially for a D man.

Last edited:

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
The Minnesota Wild have the top farm system in the league. That's without tanking and icing a competitive team that qualifies for the playoffs nearly every year. It just goes to show that you can draft elite talent if you have great scouts and good development without tanking for several years.

Reactions: hn777 and voyageur

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
The Minnesota Wild have the top farm system in the league. That's without tanking and icing a competitive team that qualifies for the playoffs nearly every year. It just goes to show that you can draft elite talent if you have great scouts and good development without tanking for several years.

the athletic had them #1 recently too. shit really changed for them when they added Judd Brackett to their staff

Reactions: hn777

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015

#9 for the jets.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
f*** the Wild they are basically the Leafs of the West. f*** up their cap so they can't get over the hump and get knocked out in the 1st round year after year. Rossi was selected ahead of Perfetti and I am sure no one would be happy if he was sitting in the minors if the player after him is in the NHL getting calder consideration

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
f*** the Wild they are basically the Leafs of the West. f*** up their cap so they can't get over the hump and get knocked out in the 1st round year after year. Rossi was selected ahead of Perfetti and I am sure no one would be happy if he was sitting in the minors if the player after him is in the NHL getting calder consideration

Yeah I don't consider their prospecr pool as anything special.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
You mean the way we were watching Lundell last season...?

Reactions: ps241

Truenorthducky

Oct 10, 2020
Avs lose and Minnie down 5-1. It’s a good thing Minnesota didn’t take advantage of these last three games. they could’ve been right up there with Winnipeg but instead they have lost two and on the verge of another tonight.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Avs lose and Minnie down 5-1. It’s a good thing Minnesota didn’t take advantage of these last three games. they could’ve been right up there with Winnipeg but instead they have lost two and on the verge of another tonight.

All of a sudden the Wild find themselves clinging to the last wild card spot in a dog fight with a pack of teams for their playoff lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad