Around the NHL 10 - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
The Jets have one of the best records in the NHL going into the 3rd with a lead. Last I seen it was 22-1.
Just saying when theJets lose they lose outright. Would have gladly welcomed a loser point against the likes of Montreal, Philadelphia, Columbus, Buffalo and Detroit

I’ve seen Dallas eek out points through blown leads and late comebacks. If Jets are down in the third, they go out with a whimper. Usually unlikely they force an overtime.

Reactions: hn777

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Just saying when theJets lose they lose outright. Would have gladly welcomed a loser point against the likes of Montreal, Philadelphia, Columbus, Buffalo and Detroit

I’ve seen Dallas eek out points through blown leads and late comebacks. If Jets are down in the third, they go out with a whimper. Usually unlikely they force an overtime.
I’m not sure you’re looking at this the right way. You can flip it and say the Jets give up very few loser points against them since they usually win their games outright.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
5pt night for Matthew Tkachuk

Playing at a 116pt pace

So much for fluke last year.
5 goals, 12 points, +13 for the line of Tkachuk-Bennett-Verhaeghe, who have been gunning since put together, against Vasilievsky and the Lightning tonight. Tough break though, appears that Barkov went down with a hand injury, and if it's serious that's their season. The Maurice talk has been quieter around here with the Panthers pulling to within a point of the Isles, and only 4 back of the Caps in the Eastern race.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
That Trouba hit was a thing of beauty. So well timed, perfectly clean, happened to be a cheap shot weasel that got lit up. Keep your head up Naz they still allow hitting in the NHL.

JT seems to have stepped up the frequency of that part of his game this season.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Just traveled to Kelowna for 24 hours and it’s amazing how much it has changed. I use to party in Kelowna in the summers with my buddies in the 80’s when I was in my 20’s. Probably had a good 10 year run with that as my summer holiday destination when I lived in Alberta (and Saskatchewan).

The one thing I love about Manitoba is it has an amazing (world class) Lake District. I think some take for granted growing up with access to family or friends cottages. That was never really part of life in Alberta although Calgary had access to the mountains which I loved, there is nothing like relaxing and entertaining at my cottage in the summers.

Normally this would go in an OT thread but it seems I have lost track of how to find that baby.

Jet

Chibby!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
This long break will be recompressing Jets sched. Instead of spending days resting between games, or practicing, they are spending them now on the beach in Florida.

He will hit UFA within a week of his 26th B'day. How many top UFA's are that young?
We still will be playing a few games less down the stretch and removing a couple of these insane 5 games in 9 days etc will matter for not only reducing tiredness but injury risk.

I don't mind they're spending days on the beach or ice fishing. Hockey at this level is mostly mental and its grueling not only on a physical but a mental level.

The boys should come back rested and ready to refocus on the way we need to play as a team.

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
Just traveled to Kelowna for 24 hours and it’s amazing how much it has changed. I use to party in Kelowna in the summers with my buddies in the 80’s when I was in my 20’s. Probably had a good 10 year run with that as my summer holiday destination when I lived in Alberta (and Saskatchewan).

The one thing I love about Manitoba is it has an amazing (world class) Lake District. I think some take for granted growing up with access to family or friends cottages. That was never really part of life in Alberta although Calgary had access to the mountains which I loved, there is nothing like relaxing and entertaining at my cottage in the summers.

Normally this would go in an OT thread but it seems I have lost track of how to find that baby.
Planning a camping/hotel trip around Kelowna this summer. Did a tour last year (Vancouver to Calgary) in my electric car and it only cost $150 in electricity or so for a 3000 km trip.

Hotels are close to $400/ night at peak times. Trying to convince the wife that camping is the way to go in Kelowna.

Kootenays has some amazing road trips. Kootenay Rockies Tourism | Official Site has one of the best tourism maps I’ve ever seen. I recommend people try to get a paper copy of the map.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
We still will be playing a few games less down the stretch and removing a couple of these insane 5 games in 9 days etc will matter for not only reducing tiredness but injury risk.

I don't mind they're spending days on the beach or ice fishing. Hockey at this level is mostly mental and its grueling not only on a physical but a mental level.

The boys should come back rested and ready to refocus on the way we need to play as a team.

Rested, yes. Ready, refocused? We'll see.

RabidOne

Drinking all the beers
Apr 15, 2014
Kelowna
Planning a camping/hotel trip around Kelowna this summer. Did a tour last year (Vancouver to Calgary) in my electric car and it only cost $150 in electricity or so for a 3000 km trip.

Hotels are close to $400/ night at peak times. Trying to convince the wife that camping is the way to go in Kelowna.

Kootenays has some amazing road trips. Kootenay Rockies Tourism | Official Site has one of the best tourism maps I’ve ever seen. I recommend people try to get a paper copy of the map.
The only problem with camping in BC is too many campers and not enough sites. Plus the reservation system means a lot of stuff is booked months before you even think about it.
If you want to go a bit south, try getting a site at Christina lake. pretty nice spot.

RabidOne

Drinking all the beers
Apr 15, 2014
Kelowna

We used to come to the Okanagan way back and always avoided Kelowna, nothing to see, move along.
It has changed pretty seriously in the last 10 years. We moved to Kelowna a year ago and so far its good.
Except for the cold. Living in Vancouver for most of my adult life has bred the cold weather gene out of me.

Slimy Sculpin

Dec 29, 2013

🤞🤞

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
We used to come to the Okanagan way back and always avoided Kelowna, nothing to see, move along.
It has changed pretty seriously in the last 10 years. We moved to Kelowna a year ago and so far its good.
Except for the cold. Living in Vancouver for most of my adult life has bred the cold weather gene out of me.

Last night I found Kelowan really pleasant. I think it was +3 with no wind, it would have been a very nice night for Halloween in Winnipeg. Living in Winnipeg for the past 30 years has bred or should I say beaten the Cold Weather gene into me to the point that yesterday felt like a warm weather vacation (notwithstanding a beautiful few days here in Winnipeg). :laugh:

I use to have a home in Phoenix to get away in winter but I started a family really late in life so that stage came to a close as my son got to schooling age. Once my kids are grown I will travel allot more to escape winter but for now I am having a blast watching them grow up. When this stage is done I know I will look back at is as the best days of my life, cold weather and all, so I remind myself of that every night when I am putting the kids to bed.

That being said Kelowna is amazing so enjoy the beauty.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Watched the Ranger and Flames game yesterday and there was no rust for either team. Each just came off their break.

I expect the Jets to come out hard and focused.

I don't think watching 2 teams coming of their breaks at the same time is a valid data point.

It's not like we haven't seen it before. Even the 1 game when 4 players came off IR at the same time showed that timing was off.

We can be optimistic but the concern is real. We'll see what happens.

I believe in the coaching staff, they seem to not bullshit and have been pushing the right buttons.

I do expect the first game back to be a total shitshow lol

:laugh: I hope not. Really. But I am prepared for the worst.

Reactions: Jet

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Watched the Ranger and Flames game yesterday and there was no rust for either team. Each just came off their break.

I expect the Jets to come out hard and focused.
Those teams were off for 9 days.
I feel like 7 days off for this break would have been the sweet spot.
Those few extra days for us are where the rust may kick in.
Hopefully not.

Reactions: hn777 and surixon

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
The only problem with camping in BC is too many campers and not enough sites. Plus the reservation system means a lot of stuff is booked months before you even think about it.
If you want to go a bit south, try getting a site at Christina lake. pretty nice spot.
4 months in advance is the booking window. Rarely have issues getting my dates.

Reactions: RabidOne

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
5 goals, 12 points, +13 for the line of Tkachuk-Bennett-Verhaeghe, who have been gunning since put together, against Vasilievsky and the Lightning tonight. Tough break though, appears that Barkov went down with a hand injury, and if it's serious that's their season. The Maurice talk has been quieter around here with the Panthers pulling to within a point of the Isles, and only 4 back of the Caps in the Eastern race.
verhaeghe was a dynamite find and signing for them. FLA seems to be playing a bit better as of late for sure.

Reactions: hn777 and voyageur

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
This break is a little excessive
For the players its great. I'm sure a lot of them went to Florida for a break, even the AHL guys like Torgersson and Nikkanen are there right now with the AHL All Star break. For the fans it's longgg...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad