Around the NHL 10 - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
If the nhl abolishes the all star game that'll mean Bettman admits somethings wrong/bad idea. How often does he do that :laugh:

All big four NA sports leagues have them. It'd be kind of strange if one of them just killed it :dunno:.

RestlessYoungZero

Jul 10, 2011
So we play the Blues on Monday January 30th and our next game is Saturday Feb 11th (12 f***ing days later). All for some putrid non hockey event because the NHL has no idea what entertainment is. How does zero Jets hockey for 12 days in the coldest part of our winter make any sense from a business perspective??

Brain dead leadership.

:rant:

:wally
Also, why is the game scheduled for 9 PM local??? What genius came up with this schedule?

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
So we play the Blues on Monday January 30th and our next game is Saturday Feb 11th (12 f***ing days later). All for some putrid non hockey event because the NHL has no idea what entertainment is. How does zero Jets hockey for 12 days in the coldest part of our winter make any sense from a business perspective??

Brain dead leadership.

:rant:

:wally
I'm glad the Jets had a break that covered that cold snap. It's best that anyone who we are hoping to re-sign wasn't in town for that lol

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
If the nhl abolishes the all star game that'll mean Bettman admits somethings wrong/bad idea. How often does he do that :laugh:

All big four NA sports leagues have them. It'd be kind of strange if one of them just killed it :dunno:.

Let the NHL be a leader for a change. Do it post-season if you absolutely must. Does anyone pay any attention to the Pro-Bowl?

Also, why is the game scheduled for 9 PM local??? What genius came up with this schedule?

HNIC late game. TV more important than local fans.

Reactions: wraithsonwings

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Let the NHL be a leader for a change. Do it post-season if you absolutely must. Does anyone pay any attention to the Pro-Bowl?

Can’t Edm/Cal/Van cover the late slot?
It’s a given that the time is going to be adjusted to fit the HNiC schedule… but 6pm would make a lot more sense.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016

Yep.

"Let's take 2 teams from CST, one of which is a Canadian team, and put them at 9:00 PM just so there can be a game for HNIC"

Seriously, other than Jets fans (and maybe those who are Blackhawks fans), who else in Canada will even watch that time slot? They'd have been better off having it as a blacked out afternoon game then re-air it again in that time slot, non-blacked out.
ew-clint-eastwood.gif

RestlessYoungZero

Jul 10, 2011
Obviously understand the need for a 'late game'. There are 32 teams in the league with markets across time zones. It should be easy to have a game scheduled in a Mountain or Pacific time zone to cover late game slots and the time of puck-drop makes sense for the local market. Forcing a 9 pm puck drop on a local market is ridiculous. Would the NHL ever have Toronto, or really any other market to have a game start at 9 pm local?

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010

LOL at expecting the nhl being the leader of change.

Yes ppl watch the pro bowl. 6.7 million of them, more than the Stanley Cup in 2022. Also a moneymaking opportunity for the! Nfl, as well as the players once the season is done.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
LOL at expecting the nhl being the leader of change.

Yes ppl watch the pro bowl. 6.7 million of them, more than the Stanley Cup in 2022. Also a moneymaking opportunity for the! Nfl, as well as the players once the season is done.

:shakehead Some people will pay for anything with the NFL name on it.
A no hitter in football is even worse than a no hit hockey game.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
The 1.0 Jets were supposed to host the draft before the decision to sell and relocate the team happened. I wonder if True North would ever get that?
I would be way more likely to go to a draft here than that farce of a hockey game. Only problem is the Jets never get a high pick.:naughty:

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Obviously understand the need for a 'late game'. There are 32 teams in the league with markets across time zones. It should be easy to have a game scheduled in a Mountain or Pacific time zone to cover late game slots and the time of puck-drop makes sense for the local market. Forcing a 9 pm puck drop on a local market is ridiculous. Would the NHL ever have Toronto, or really any other market to have a game start at 9 pm local?
Just wait until the playoffs. Wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the Jets have an 8:30 PM start time to appease the broadcasters of the East, especially if we draw a Mountain time zone team.

Reactions: RestlessYoungZero

Potrzebie

Mar 25, 2010
I’m too lazy to look it up, but does any other team have 12 days off for an All Star/ players break? It seems bizarre.
Didn't the jets play the ducks a couple of years ago around this time and the ducks were coming off a huge break like this? They were so rusty I think the jets smoked them it was like 5-0 before the first period was over.

Edit: I looked it up, it was Feb 2, 2019 and the ducks were coming off a 10 day break. The ducks last game before that was against St. Louis :rolleyes:. Final score was 9-3. I hope the Jets are better prepared than that :)

Last edited:

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
I love the 9pm start time. During the lockout we were scheduled to play the Canucks at 9pm and the game never happened. I hope we see more of these late Saturday night start times at home. I have friends who bought 6 tickets and are driving in from out of town simply because the game starts at 9pm. I know someone else who also bought a pair of tickets because of the late start time. Lots of time for dinner and drinks downtown before the game. I would expect that restaurants, lounges etc… in the downtown area will really benefit from this. As a season ticket holder since day 1 I couldn’t be happier with the 9pm start.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast

Has anyone of you been to an all-star game/fan fest?
It’s not about the game itself it’s about promoting the game. Meeting retired and current players getting autographs for free instead of paying $100 at a show.
I was lucky enough to take in the Vancouver all star game and nfl Super Bowl 37 fan fest and it was great meeting a lot of superstars … conversations, autos, pics,handshakes can’t beat that.
My highlight in the 1998 Vancouver all star game was me giving Coyotes GM Bobby Smith crap for stealing the Jets from Winnipeg … his wife jumped in and said “we didn’t steal them we just made them better” lol.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
I think the Horvat contract sets a range for PLD, anyway. Both are ~60 point guys who are having carreer years this year.

People are saying it's 1.5M too high. Personally, I don't see that as a problem on a long term solution to 2C on a team compared to a 1.5M overpay for a 3rd line player or depth defenseman. Ydou fond a way to make it work

IF PLD and schief we both keen on re-signing, I'm not sure what their combined AAV would be but I think you have to do it and then hope you can backfill some spots with ELCs

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
Jets should offer PLD a similar deal to Horvat. If he doesn’t accept Chevy should start shopping him around at the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad