Around the NHL 10 - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Some aspects of society want cultural diversity and representation. The other half likes it just the way it is. What gets me is just how comfortable bigots are in expressing their views for the world to see. I will happily watch two gay guys shove their tongues down each other throats, just to make the bigots uncomfortable. Gay people exist, and you don't get to run them underground anymore.

That franchise is a f***ing dumpster. What a far cry from 2011 when they were Stanley Cup finalists.

Yeah, I have no idea what that org is doing. I know some complain about Chipman potentially meddling well I think we can thank our lucky stars we don't have their owner.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Chipman has shown that he will spend money as the opportunity presents itself. He's also not going to waste money willy-nilly. He has a Winnipegger, after all. We love a good value and extracting as much value as we can out of our assets. His issues with meddling seems to be purely from a friendship and loyalty standpoint, so we see some legacy deadweight contracts and a certain coach that stayed around 3 years longer than he should have.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
The point @KingBogo is making is flying way over your head. For one second put away your bias against minorities and look at it as a player going over the coaches head(which he did here). You’re making the statement that your opinion is bigger than the team.

Wait, so if you don’t “wear the ribbon”, you’re a homophone and against minorities?

F773DB0D-9936-4E15-A2F1-0602A46216D9.gif

That seems to be the potato logic that media and some people are trying to push, which is absurd.

It’s up to Torts if he wanted to scratch Provorov for not “warming up” but everyone (but you and Bogo) knows this was all about whether a player must support LBGTQ Night.

Reactions: Cypruss

Jet

Chibby!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
God, I had to use the magic button after this thread. So many people who have no f***ing right chiming in on a subject that impacts people in a real way. I'm not going to comment further on this subject as it's obvious some people are so selfish and close minded they aren't even attempting to see this from the other side.

I hope this thread can go back to around the league talking about hockey because I don't want to read some of this shit anymore.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
No point discussing this further with you if you are going to distort this conversation into this.
One final question then. Is it okay for a Jets player not to participate in warmup on South Asian Heritage night on February 11th? The players will be required to wear a specially designed warmup jersey honouring South Asian cultures.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
:laugh: Speaks volumes on how closed minded people in the US are.

You guys are like Sith Lords… you think in absolutes.

Let’s put it this way. If someone was absolutely for LGBTQ rights and freedoms but has some issues that the community wants to push (e.g., transgenders competing in women’s sports, cancelling and labelling people with different views like JK Rowling - which is the definition of closed mindedness), perhaps they don’t want to fully support everything the community stands for and not wear the rainbow. Some people would still wear the rainbow even if they don’t agree with everything because they want to support the most important things. Some people support everything about the community, some people don’t support anything about the community.

Don’t treat things so black and white, Sith Lords. You don’t even know where Provorov is on that spectrum.

Anyways… I am ready to move back to hockey. I don’t think this topic is being debated properly and it will just get people upset.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
One final question then. Is it okay for a Jets player not to participate in warmup on South Asian Heritage night on February 11th? The players will be required to wear a specially designed warmup jersey honouring South Asian cultures.
not that i agree with guffman's posts but this isn't even in the same realm of comparison.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
May I introduce to you the Seattle Kraken Pacific Division leaders, F*** Vegas have lost 3 straight
SEA is 16-10-1 against the top-16 teams (not including themselves so top-17 really). for comparison sake, WPG Is 12-13-1. They aren't just beating up on ANH and SJ.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016

The NHL says these are optional so there is no league sanctions coming if the player chooses not to.

If Bones wanted to scratch that player on the rationale that a warm-up is very important for in-game performance, I would be fine with that to.

Edit: I wonder what the participation levels would be for Russian Night.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
You guys are like Sith Lords… you think in absolutes.

Let’s put it this way. If someone was absolutely for LGBTQ rights and freedoms but has some issues that the community wants to push (e.g., transgenders competing in women’s sports, cancelling and labelling people with different views like JK Rowling - which is the definition of closed mindedness), perhaps they don’t want to fully support everything the community stands for and not wear the rainbow. Some people would still wear the rainbow even if they don’t agree with everything because they want to support the most important things. Some people support everything about the community, some people don’t support anything about the community.

Don’t treat things so black and white, Sith Lords. You don’t even know where Provorov is on that spectrum.

Anyways… I am ready to move back to hockey. I don’t think this topic is being debated properly and it will just get people upset.

I think we know where Provorov stands on that spectrum because he said he didn't do it because of his religious beliefs and that religion specifically states being gay is a sin. We can put 2 and 2 together on that. Otherwise, you're right that this isn't the best forum for debate on the topic. Not going to shut it down unless it gets out of hand but if it trails off on its own then that's great.

Reactions: wraithsonwings

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I think we know where Provorov stands on that spectrum because he said he didn't do it because of his religious beliefs and that religion specifically states being gay is a sin. We can put 2 and 2 together on that. Otherwise, you're right that this isn't the best forum for debate on the topic. Not going to shut it down unless it gets out of hand but if it trails off on its own then that's great.
That's probably a good idea. I tried to avoid this subject for awhile but got drawn in. Just that efforts to include those that have been historically discriminated against and even persecuted because of who they are is a very important issue to me. As a society we need to do more of this not less.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
God, I had to use the magic button after this thread. So many people who have no f***ing right chiming in on a subject that impacts people in a real way. I'm not going to comment further on this subject as it's obvious some people are so selfish and close minded they aren't even attempting to see this from the other side.

I hope this thread can go back to around the league talking about hockey because I don't want to read some of this shit anymore.

Sorry if any of my comments in this topic aggrieved you in any fashion.

Reactions: Jet

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Funny, but I didn't do anything that would cause me to seek your forgiveness. How presumptuous of you to think that I do.
No presumption from me…

Your presumption of Provorov…
Provorov wouldn’t waste his time here, but I know he would not enjoy being judged without a voice..:

It doesn’t matter what you believe… it matters to me to forgive… it allows me to continue to have discussions and care for others, not allowing anger or destructive judgement to creep in..:

Thanks for replying…

I’ll have a toast to you wnd others on HFJets later today… in Scottsdale enjoying some relaxing time with my lady…

Cheers.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
tough news for Pacioretty, comes back from a torn achilles and suffers a non contact injury in the final min of his 5th game

Haywire

Oct 9, 2019
Speaks volumes on how closed minded people in the US are.
That's one theory.. Maybe it's Canadians buying them so they can burn effigies of Provorov.
They should donate the proceeds from all those sales to a charity. It's blood money.

Last edited:

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
I’m looking at teams where their GMs never trade a 1st for a rental like the Canes and thinking their GMs really get it. 1st are always more valuable than at trade deadline.

The year they won the cup they too big trades for Doug Weight and Mark Recchi who were both integral for them in that cup win. They gave up a lot for both of them

They are a very good team and they built a ton of assets but lets be honest they made mistakes like signing Kotkainemi

Going deep this year in the east is going to be tough and if you don't make a move to help your team well how smart is that

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
The year they won the cup they too big trades for Doug Weight and Mark Recchi who were both integral for them in that cup win. They gave up a lot for both of them

They are a very good team and they built a ton of assets but lets be honest they made mistakes like signing Kotkainemi

Going deep this year in the east is going to be tough and if you don't make a move to help your team well how smart is that
Because you remain a perennial contender. Instead of having a short 5 year window. Boston has been strong for a decade. The jets got one or two shots and will be forced to rebuild soon.

Reactions: sipowicz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad