Around the NHL 10 - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Because you remain a perennial contender. Instead of having a short 5 year window. Boston has been strong for a decade. The jets got one or two shots and will be forced to rebuild soon.

Boston is the exact opposite of teams like Carolina. They have expended assets year after year bringing in players to round out their core. Lindholm,Backes,Hall, and Coyle. I bet they try to get Horvat this year.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Everyone in Vancouver is a f***ing clown, including the media who are basically eulogising a man as he's slowly drowning. Boudreau deserves much better than this tactless shit.

The poor guy was in tears out there today. This is disgusting behavior by Canucks management. The media didn't handle themselves any better laughing as he left the stage.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
As a player I don't know how you respect the guy coming in to replace Boudreau.

Edit:

I don't know why anyone would want to work for their management team. I would never ever work for people who treated other people the way Bruce got treated.

It's clear they never wanted him and have done everything they can to embaress and undermine him in the press or with the latest treatment of him. Why would any other coach worth their salt want to work for those bozos.

None

Feb 22, 2012
It's clear they never wanted him and have done everything they can to embaress and undermine him in the press or with the latest treatment of him. Why would any other coach worth their salt want to work for those bozos.

That's kind of my point with my question before. How do you respect a guy knowing he's probably the same type of asshole that would do the same as the Canucks management if given the chance? Actively trying to embarrass and diminish the outgoing coach is just disgraceful.
At least they're showing their true nature for everyone to see.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
I don't know why anyone would want to work for their management team. I would never ever work for people who treated other people the way Bruce got treated.

It depends how much salt the coach gets paid, especially if there are no other options.

Heck, the Canucks only gave him a 1-year deal (with an option for another year). If people were banging on Boudreau’s door, he wouldn’t have been coaching in Vancouver this year.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand

Jim Rutherford wanted to fire him in the off season, or at least not renew their contract. That would have been a mercy to this. Florida moved on from a winning coach that claimed first in the NHL, so why did Vancouver not do the same when they got a new GM?

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Jim Rutherford wanted to fire him in the off season, or at least not renew their contract. That would have been a mercy to this. Florida moved on from a winning coach that claimed first in the NHL, so why did Vancouver not do the same when they got a new GM?

It's amazing what an abrupt change Jim apparently did on this. He was apparently vetted about Bruce prior to him being hired and had no issue then. Bruce turns the team around so why wouldn't you think you'd have the opportunity to earn a bigger deal by exercising the option.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
It's amazing what an abrupt change Jim apparently did on this. He was apparently vetted about Bruce prior to him being hired and had no issue then. Bruce turns the team around so why wouldn't you think you'd have the opportunity to earn a bigger deal by exercising the option.
The Canucks have done the seemingly impossible and somehow managed to downgrade from Jim Benning. That’s honestly remarkable.

Last edited:
Reactions: macmaroon

None

Feb 22, 2012
Stupid ass questions by those reporters, to be frank.

I don't have a problem with the questions. Bruce says it himself that you'd have to be a fool to be unaware at this point, I think questions about how he feels about it are fair game.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I don't have a problem with the questions. Bruce says it himself that you'd have to be a fool to be unaware at this point, I think questions about how he feels about it are fair game.
I guess, but I think the answers to “how do you feel that you’re getting screwed around by a management team that doesn’t give two shits about you,” are different versions of “how the f*** do you think I feel?”

Reactions: wraithsonwings

RabidOne

Drinking all the beers
Apr 15, 2014
Kelowna
Too popular in Vancouver and did too good of a job turning them around after he replaced Travis Green.

RabidOne

Drinking all the beers
Apr 15, 2014
Kelowna
Word is Rutherford said he didn't know until after he was hired that Boudreau had an option year on his contract.

None

Feb 22, 2012
The poor guy was in tears out there today. This is disgusting behavior by Canucks management. The media didn't handle themselves any better laughing as he left the stage.

Here's the guy who was laughing explaining his reaction.

I think with added context it kind of excuses the reaction.

Reactions: snowkiddin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad