Around the NHL 10 - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Weird 3 or 5 Tampa Ray players refuse to wear the rainbow cap during the game this past summer for the same reason ... it was no big deal but then their weren't Russian.

Russian hate is very en vogue with all the hip kids these days.

The Provorov story isn't getting any attention outside of hockey media. The Rays players story was reported on at the time. You can believe it's a Russia thing all you want but it's not really about where he's from.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Yeah, why would it?
You can believe it's not a Russian thing all you want.

Kind of contradicting yourself there. Why ask why the Tampa baseball thing didn't get attention when it did inside baseball circles, and then say why would this one get attention outside of hockey circles?

Personally, my opinion on the matter isn't influenced at all by where he's from, but if it makes it easier to dismiss this as some anti-Russian thing then I'm not going to spend time trying to convince you otherwise.

Haywire

Oct 9, 2019
Kind of contradicting yourself there. Why ask why the Tampa baseball thing didn't get attention when it did inside baseball circles, and then say why would this one get attention outside of hockey circles?

Personally, my opinion on the matter isn't influenced at all by where he's from, but if it makes it easier to dismiss this as some anti-Russian thing then I'm not going to spend time trying to convince you otherwise.
What are you talking about? That was someone else's post.

Smart move. Don't waste your time.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Yeah, why would it?
You can believe it's not a Russian thing all you want.
Just to be clear are you comparing the hate Russians are getting to what LGBTQ people live with? I mean yeah it’s tough for Russians right now, no denying that. It has always been tough for LGBTQ people.

But bigger point is Russia pulls out of Ukraine 50 years from now no one will care if someone is Russian. Tough to say same thing for LGBTQ community.

Last edited:

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Just to be clear are you comparing the hate Russians are getting to what LGBTQ people live with? I mean yeah it’s tough for Russians right now, no denying that. It has always been tough for LGBTQ people.
Also, it’s unfair to blame the average Russian person for what’s going on in Ukraine, but, how does a leader like Putin stay in power without the support of the people.
But bigger point is Russia pulls out of Ukraine 50 years from now no one will care if someone is Russian. Tough to say same thing for LGBTQ community.
Dude Putin and his regime stay in power through fear, it’s a dictatorship!

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Dude, dictatorships have been overthrown in shorter amounts of time, but,, that is the least important part of what I’m saying. Overthrowing dictatorship is how Putin came into power in the first place.
Key part is even if Russian people have it tough right now rest of world won’t care in a few years while LGBTQ people will still have it tough.

Last edited:

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Yes, you may. Please introduce me.
1674194265054.png

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast

I mentioned the Russian thing as a joke.
The point of the thread was a lot of people are backing Provorov not that they are against gays but the are sick of it being rammed down their throats and the woke crowd.
The comments I'm reading now since twitter is not censoring conservative views as much ... it's like 10 to 1 in favor of Provorov ... not my comments
"And it took a Russian to do it. If only more American men had the balls to stand up to this woke nonsense."
"I think it just shows that having 596 pride nights a year is over the top"
"So because they haven't had a Jewish night with the Star of David on their outfits it means the NHL denied Jews exist?"

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
If you are going to take this stand as a player and organization then do it and take the heat. If not scratch the player. The organization handled this even worse than the player. And inclusion has nothing to do with religion. Religion is your own moral code not your right to pass judgement on how the rest of an extremely diverse world lives their lives.
Obviously, Provorov and the organization are taking the heat for this. This still doesn’t justify your opinion that the Flyers should have scratched Provorov for not participating in an event that the NHL said was not mandatory (nor should it be unless you think coercing players with punishment for purposes of pandering to advertisers, etc. doesn’t completely water down the message).

Reactions: Eyeseeing

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
The Vancouver Canucks are in negotiations to make Rich Tocchet the next head coach. It’s bizarre considering that Bruce Boudreau is still behind the bench. According to TSN, this is a transaction that could happen in the coming days and that comes along with him having his own staff. This is a team searching for answers and a new voice can help right the ship.

Vancouver is so screwed up they can't even replace the coach properly. You don't publicly or via a leak let the world know you are looking for a new coach until after you actually fire the current coach.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Society pines for diversity and then when they get it they complain :huh:

Some aspects of society want cultural diversity and representation. The other half likes it just the way it is. What gets me is just how comfortable bigots are in expressing their views for the world to see. I will happily watch two gay guys shove their tongues down each other throats, just to make the bigots uncomfortable. Gay people exist, and you don't get to run them underground anymore.

The Vancouver Canucks are in negotiations to make Rich Tocchet the next head coach. It’s bizarre considering that Bruce Boudreau is still behind the bench. According to TSN, this is a transaction that could happen in the coming days and that comes along with him having his own staff. This is a team searching for answers and a new voice can help right the ship.

Vancouver is so screwed up they can't even replace the coach properly. You don't publicly or via a leak let the world know you are looking for a new coach until after you actually fire the current coach.

That franchise is a f***ing dumpster. What a far cry from 2011 when they were Stanley Cup finalists.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Obviously, Provorov and the organization are taking the heat for this. This still doesn’t justify your opinion that the Flyers should have scratched Provorov for not participating in an event that the NHL said was not mandatory (nor should it be unless you think coercing players with punishment for purposes of pandering to advertisers, etc. doesn’t completely water down the message).
So all players get to decide if they want to warmup now? Too bad no one told Buff when he played as he didn’t care for them much. Maybe he could stay out fishing and just come to the rink 15-20 minutes before game time like rec players do?

February 11 is South Asian Heritage night with specially designed warmup jerseys. I guess we will see if any Jets players have a problem with the NHL reaching out to be inclusive of Asian communities?

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia

The point @KingBogo is making is flying way over your head. For one second put away your bias against minorities and look at it as a player going over the coaches head(which he did here). You’re making the statement that your opinion is bigger than the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad