Around the NHL – Part XL - Mod post page 249

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
Draisaitl pulled a Ranger. Tried to force a pass on a 3 on 1.
I refuse to believe he can amass that amount of points without Mcdavid. I also refused to vote for him for the ASG. Its the little things that keep me going.

Playoffs are more fun with the Penguins in it, especially if the other choice is the Islanders lol
Its fun watching them potentially miss but yeah, the piles are going to bore us to death.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I refuse to believe he can amass that amount of points without Mcdavid. I also refused to vote for him for the ASG. Its the little things that keep me going.
McDavid and Leo help each other but Leo is a very good player in his own right. I have seen that in non NHL tournaments.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Think he had 0 points in his last 2 games . The goal was 3 games ago.

I find it ironic that Krav's stats were better under Gallant than they were in Vancouver.

It's really not. You can say, perhaps, that they selected the wrong player but this "can't develop" prospects nonsense is just that. Nonsense.

Lias didn't fare better elsewhere. He's been in LA longer than he was in NY and has managed to play LESS.

Kravtsov, same thing.

Lundkvist hasn't played in weeks.

The only guy that's gone on and actually progressed is Morgan Barron.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I wish, but no way I see that happening.
Linus Ullmark just put up the highest Goals Saved Above Average this century. Before this century, your starters played 54, 55 games minimum, so it's not a fair comparison.

Regardless, of 15 entries ahead of him, 12 were by Hall of Famers and four of them are Dominik Hasek.

If you ever wanted to know what peak Hasek on a good team looks like, here it is. It's 64+ wins. The Bruins have won 40 of his 48 starts.

At the same time, that's kind of my concern with the Bruins. Goaltending can just stop being there on a dime. Ullmark has played two playoff games and got lit up in both of them.

With the very capable Jeremy Swayman in goal, they're going at a 51-win pace.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Pens have a better chance of knocking off Boston imo which isn't a bad thing for anybody.

I'm curious how Boston will fair in the playoffs, they went for that record, and a lot of their forward core are in their mid to upper 30's. I think they know this could be their last run, maybe one more after this.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
My "would hate to lose against list"
  1. Devils
  2. Penguins
  3. Tampa Bay
  4. Who cares
  5. who cares
  6. who cares
  7. Islanders
I dont hate the team of Jersey. I hate the fans.

For everyone else, I despise both the fan base and team. Tampa fans have become obnoxious as well

Reactions: Captain Lindy

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Couldn't disagree more. Sorokin over Jarry all day.
Goaltending in a single series has nothing to do with talent and everything to do with who's hot and cold.

We have no indication which one of those guys is gonna be hot.

I would say the Islanders have a better chance based on goaltending over two or three rounds, but goaltending is a glorified coin flip in a single round.

Even Hank had rounds where he completely shit himself and he's the most consistent goaltender of all-time.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I'm curious how Boston will fair in the playoffs, they went for that record, and a lot of their forward core are in their mid to upper 30's. I think they know this could be their last run, maybe one more after this.
well it depends are they gonna get more sweetheart deals like Bergeron and Krejci gave them? If so they still have a good defense and good goaltending.

NYRfan85

D'oh!
Jun 2, 2020
South Carolina
I can't believe there are people that don't have the isles as their most hated team. Maybe it's a generational thing. Their fan base is annoying AF.
I think for me, the hatred for the Islanders was really high during the dark ages of the late 90s/early 00s, and it's tapered down a little now. Mainly because the Islanders are a boring team now.

When Philly is actually good, they take the cake as far as most annoying fan base, and it's not even close. I know too many arrogant Philly fans, so I enjoy seeing them suffer right now.

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
I can't believe there are people that don't have the isles as their most hated team. Maybe it's a generational thing. Their fan base is annoying AF.
I think it's bc the Isles are a boring team with no snarl for a while now. Back in the day, it was fierce competition.
They'll always have a place in my heart for hatred but man, it's definitely not the same. Some of you younger peeps missed out. Rangers have a better rivalry with the Caps now.

Reactions: egelband

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
It will be interesting tonight. But Bo Horvat 16 points on 30 games since the trade wowee and extended 8 years at age 28 wowee.

Reactions: Synergy27
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad