Around the NHL – Part XL - Mod post page 249

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Isles missing the playoffs after all that would be objectively funny. The Panthers are so bad though, I doubt they take advantage of this golden opportunity.

Reactions: Kords

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Isles missing the playoffs after all that would be objectively funny. The Panthers are so bad though, I doubt they take advantage of this golden opportunity.
If they get Sam Bennett back I give them a shot. But you're right they are pretty inconsistent. Bobrovsky also injured and no word how bad it is. As good as Lyon has been they have very little chance if they don't get Bob back.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Florida has been playing pretty well other than the game we beat them.

Can't trust their goalies and they don't play team defense at all. Easy first round exit against Boston if they make it, but I could see Tkachuk willing them to a win against Carolina if that's how it shakes out. Would be good for us if we can get past the Devils.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Can't trust their goalies and they don't play team defense at all. Easy first round exit against Boston if they make it, but I could see Tkachuk willing them to a win against Carolina if that's how it shakes out. Would be good for us if we can get past the Devils.
I wasn't sizing up their chances to win a playoff series. Just meant they're playing pretty well in the last 10 days.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Think we're still going to see the Islanders and Pittsburgh in there at the end.

Islanders have 4 games, Tampa on Thursday (after Tampa plays the Rangers the night before), Philly, Montreal, and Washington. Realistically, I can see them winning all 4 (especially if Elliot is in there on the 2nd of back to backs).

Pittsburgh is at 5 games left, at NJ & vs Minny the next two which will be tough since the Devils are still working on either the division or 2nd, and the Wild are fighting for the division still. The last three, Detroit, Chicago and Columbus is a joke. Maybe Detroit gives them a game, but the last two are just there.

Panthers have it the toughest and their 5 games. On the road in Buffalo (complete outside shot of getting in), but we just saw they play hard, and then in Ottawa. Last three might be the easiest. Washington, Toronto, and Carolina. Caps looked dead in the water yesterday. Toronto and Carolina are going to be locked in to their spots most likely and could be resting guys if they can.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
@Machinehead

What do Kravtsov's "elite" defensive metrics look like as a member of the Canucks?

Asking for a friend.
He went from 1.6 defensive GAR on the Rangers (obviously very good) to -0.3 with Vancouver.

More alarming, he went from 0 offensive GAR on the Rangers (replacement level, feels about right) to -2.2 already with Vancouver.

download (10).png

He's up there with some of the biggest offensive black holes in the league.

Mandar

The Real Maven
Sep 27, 2013
The Tarheel State
He went from 1.6 defensive GAR on the Rangers (obviously very good) to -0.3 with Vancouver.

More alarming, he went from 0 offensive GAR on the Rangers (replacement level, feels about right) to -2.2 already with Vancouver.

View attachment 681104
wait....this doesnt take into account that in 2019, he made a stickhandling move in the KHL that might have resulted in a goal, right? This also doesnt take into account that in a few PGT's in 2020, he got votes for player of the game.

Obviously, this data is flawed.

:sarcasm:

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012

View attachment 681104
If you really want to make @EdJovanovski cry, show him in contrast to his favorite Finn, Kaapo Kakko. :sarcasm:

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
If you really want to make @EdJovanovski cry, show him in contrast to his favorite Finn, Kaapo Kakko. :sarcasm:
download (11).png

Kakko has turned into a very, very good 5v5 forward who's above average at everything this year.

Except drawing penalties and that's just because you can cut his head off and not get called. I want an explanation from the league on that.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

View attachment 681104

Thank you sir!

I don't know if you can date adjust, but can you do Panarin from Jan 23rd to present day just for funzies.

Thanks!

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
wait....this doesnt take into account that in 2019, he made a stickhandling move in the KHL that might have resulted in a goal, right? This also doesnt take into account that in a few PGT's in 2020, he got votes for player of the game.

Obviously, this data is flawed.

:sarcasm:
I don’t understand the dunking on this kid. He may never have lived up to his draft slot, but he was pretty clearly damaged severely, if not ruined, by how he was handled here. Handled, not treated.

He has himself to blame in many ways but he was never handled like a top ten pick that this organization had any plans to invest in.

I legitimately wonder what could have been. The kid can was surely able to play at one point.

effen

Feb 3, 2018
I don’t understand the dunking on this kid. He may never have lived up to his draft slot, but he was pretty clearly damaged severely, if not ruined, by how he was handled here. Handled, not treated.

He has himself to blame in many ways but he was never handled like a top ten pick that this organization had any plans to invest in.

I legitimately wonder what could have been. The kid can was surely able to play at one point.
The organization has roughly zero to do with his lack of jump or ability to process the smaller ice surface. That's all between his ears.

Reactions: NickyFotiu

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
The organization has roughly zero to do with his lack of jump or ability to process the smaller ice surface. That's all between his ears.
I just disagree. I’ve never seen a top ten pick “developed” like him.

Yes, his decision to not play in the A was all on him. But it’s almost as though the org considered him dispensable once they got Kakko, and then Laf.

Everything that could go wrong went wrong with him.

Reactions: CLW and Boris Zubov
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad