Around the NHL – Part XL - Mod post page 249

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
For what it's worth, the Lightning pinched plenty of turds in March. Just because they won big tonight doesn't mean they've been winning consistently.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Draisaitl with a hat trick for 50
Geesh...it seems like it was just yesterday when I listened via my transistor radio to Vic Hadfield score his 50th on the last game of the season in a loss to Habs . He scored twice in the game. 51 years ago today. There are still a few here that remember that moment . He did it with a busted thumb . The good old days of hockey .

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
A lot of Canucks fans think he was scratched because he wouldn't wear the Pride jersey, Kuzmenko would've been a harder player to justify scratching

Apparently my earlier message was deleted by a mod lol. So let me try to rephrase this in a more conservative manner: you better hope he was scratched because of his performance. Because the other option is bad and makes you defending him look bad.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Isles, Pitt, 'peg
giving Fla/Buff, Calg/Nash
genuine openings to leap frog into WC spots

1680449983061.png

Reactions: Captain Lindy

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Have to agree. They just don't have bad games.
They do everything well. Offense, defense, special teams, goaltending. Their GD is double any other team. Excellence across the board. I could see teams beating them once, maybe twice in a series but 4 times? Nah. I wish it wasn't so because the Rangers have a really good team and have a chance against every other team in the league.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
History has shown quite a few times that teams who are juggernauts during the regular season don’t do the same in the playoffs….
You are right. A key is to get ahead in a series. Steal home ice. Put some pressure on them.

Reactions: Mandar

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
History has shown quite a few times that teams who are juggernauts during the regular season don’t do the same in the playoffs….
I'm just not seeing it this year. They haven't just been better, they have been head and shoulders better than every other team and essentially have no weaknesses. I know shit happens in hockey like injuries, puck luck, and other stuff but I just don't see this team losing a series.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Nobody is beating the Bruins this year. There is just no way any team is going to beat them 4 times in a series.
I don't believe that.
NHL history shows us that the Cup playoffs are a clean restart.

Not saying it would be easy, or who would beat them.
They're a very very good team.
A team will need to meet/surpass their skill, focus, chemistry.

But every season there are very strong regulars season teams, and most President's trophy winners don't win Cups.
And every season there are some unexpected series outcomes.

I don't fear them, just respect them.
and NYR, and some others, have personnel to get better goalkeeping

Reactions: NickyFotiu

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
I don't believe that.
NHL history shows us that the Cup playoffs are a clean restart.

Not saying it would be easy, or who would beat them.
They're a very very good team.
A team will need to meet/surpass their skill, focus, chemistry.

But every season there are very strong regulars season teams, and most President's trophy winners don't win Cups.
And every season there are some unexpected series outcomes.

I don't fear them, just respect them.
and NYR, and some others, have personnel to get better goalkeeping
Yes, I know the team with the most points doesn't always win the cup. I just feel this Bruins team is so much better than every other team and they are good at everything. The only thing that could derail them is injuries. Just the way I see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad