Around the NHL – Part XL - Mod post page 249

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
It's amazing to me that nobody wants that second WC. Pitt blew another game today. A few weeks ago I thought it would take 95 points to get in but 91-92 should do it.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
ESPN Hockey experience is Ferraro talking about how no one wants to face Vegas in a playoff series while the Oilers put up a touchdown on Quick. Edmonton will roll through the pacific division with ease

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014
ESPN Hockey experience is Ferraro talking about how no one wants to face Vegas in a playoff series while the Oilers put up a touchdown on Quick. Edmonton will roll through the pacific division with ease

idno la is legit. they're deep, fast, and kempe/fiala are really good players. that series could come down to a goaltending battle and that might get hilarious....but i like la a little better there so if series started today i'd go la in 7. conner might get belligerent though and win it singlehandedly. edm def have a solid chance to come outta the west

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
idno la is legit. they're deep, fast, and kempe/fiala are really good players. that series could come down to a goaltending battle and that might get hilarious....but i like la a little better there so if series started today i'd go la in 7. conner might get belligerent though and win it singlehandedly. edm def have a solid chance to come outta the west

The whole West is devoid of goaltending. The 2nd best goalie on a playoff team might be Alex Georgiev. That says all we need to know about the conference. I still like Dallas as a dark horse to win the WCF because Oettinger is really the only guy we know can steal a series or 2. Must be nice when the 6 best teams are in the East.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
The whole West is devoid of goaltending. The 2nd best goalie on a playoff team might be Alex Georgiev. That says all we need to know about the conference. I still like Dallas as a dark horse to win the WCF because Oettinger is really the only guy we know can steal a series or 2. Must be nice when the 6 best teams are in the East.
The only other one would be Hellebuyck, but man the Jets are not a good team. The best goalies in the West are on bad teams. Saros, Gibson, and Demko are very good, yet their teams are trash. I do think Dallas is bounced in the 1st round.

Honestly if Calgary gets in, I could see them making a run. They might hate Sutter, but that's not going to stop you from going all out in the postseason. And on top of that, their style of play is set up that way. Markstrom just can't make a save.

The Wild will be interesting too, especially since they have multiple options in net and should get Kaprizov back.

All that, and Colorado is still the best team. Landeskog isn't back yet, but will be. Georgiev is their one sore spot. You have no idea how he'll be in a series. I'd still take them over any team tho. Edmonton is 2nd, LA 3rd. Vegas is cooked IMO. Edmonton took it to them easily last night.

Reactions: McRanger92

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
FsVhZhnWIAUH_HO

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
2017 was a shit draft. The Rangers desperately tried to move up to 3 to get Petterson but it takes two to make a deal.

I get the approach in 2017. Andersson was the safe pick and Chytil was the home run swing. The fact that Lias’ busted is just how it goes sometimes.

2018 was very much Gordie Clark and the rest of they scouting staff thinking they are the smartest in the room. No reason they should have went off board and not taken a guy like Wahlstrom, Dobson, Farabee etc
Wahlstrom and Farabee haven’t exactly lit it up either.

What I think you are seeing now is a conscious effort by Drury to make drafts more North American. Schneider and Othmann are two prime examples. Let’s see if that holds true this year.

Reactions: egelband

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
The only other one would be Hellebuyck, but man the Jets are not a good team. The best goalies in the West are on bad teams. Saros, Gibson, and Demko are very good, yet their teams are trash. I do think Dallas is bounced in the 1st round.

Honestly if Calgary gets in, I could see them making a run. They might hate Sutter, but that's not going to stop you from going all out in the postseason. And on top of that, their style of play is set up that way. Markstrom just can't make a save.

The Wild will be interesting too, especially since they have multiple options in net and should get Kaprizov back.

All that, and Colorado is still the best team. Landeskog isn't back yet, but will be. Georgiev is their one sore spot. You have no idea how he'll be in a series. I'd still take them over any team tho. Edmonton is 2nd, LA 3rd. Vegas is cooked IMO. Edmonton took it to them easily last night.

If other teams oblige and play pond hockey with the Oilers they're going to come out of the West. That's how they got to the WCF last year.

I still think if the Jets don't totally collapse the next two weeks, they're very dangerous and Hellebuyck is the best goalie in the West.

Fleury or Quick may have one more run left.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
If other teams oblige and play pond hockey with the Oilers they're going to come out of the West. That's how they got to the WCF last year.

I still think if the Jets don't totally collapse the next two weeks, they're very dangerous and Hellebuyck is the best goalie in the West.

Fleury or Quick may have one more run left.
Winnipeg is going to have to win every game 1-0 or 2-1. They stopped scoring goals in the last 6 weeks. I'm aware they scored 5 last night, but that's been the exception not the rule.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Winnipeg is going to have to win every game 1-0 or 2-1. They stopped scoring goals in the last 6 weeks. I'm aware they scored 5 last night, but that's been the exception not the rule.

Their top six guys are filthy and can take a game over at any time. They play both teams who are chasing them and only really have one more easy game.

They control their own fate.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Their top six guys are filthy and can take a game over at any time. They play both teams who are chasing them and only really have one more easy game.

They control their own fate.
Those guys have been ICE cold as of late & PLD had been out for awhile, recently coming back. I liked their team earlier in the season, but they've been pretty bad now for the past 2 months. I understand what your saying about them, but I don't see them winning a round.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Wahlstrom and Farabee haven’t exactly lit it up either.

What I think you are seeing now is a conscious effort by Drury to make drafts more North American. Schneider and Othmann are two prime examples. Let’s see if that holds true this year.

Schneider was Gorton and JD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad