Around the NHL – Part XL - Mod post page 249

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
McDavid at 140 points. Has a few players to chase down to get most points in a season by players not named Lemieux or Gretzky. 16 points in ~20 games so it's probably just a matter of time.

142 Oates
145 Esposito
147 Bossy
148 Lafontaine
149 Jagr
150 Nichols
152 Esposito
155 Yzerman
Ooooh, I'll always remember that Espo 152. 76+76, such beautiful symmetry.

Reactions: NickyFotiu

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
I was not impressed by the Devils last night. They are similar to our team last year but they cant hold a candle to the Rangers top end talent. 0 ES or PP goals yesterday. Islanders did a good job of playing physical with them, and the Devils tried to answer back to their credit but guys like Mercer and Bratt were peeling off to avoid hits late in the game. Mercer, who looks like hes 12, got ragdolled by at one point by Horvat. Cizikas (i think) gave Hughes a cross check in the 3rd and he was laboring going to the bench. The Rangers can physically outmatch that team. Vanacek is also the epitome of nothing special, especially in a series where he'd be matched up against Igor or Sorokin. I will have a pretty high level of confidence going into a series against them provided we dont have any major injuries between now and the start of the season.
They did not look engaged at all and the Piles play well at UBS. I'm not going to take anything from 1 game and I'm sure they will look better Thursday night. A series against them will not be easy although I think we will win.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
They did not look engaged at all and the Piles play well at UBS. I'm not going to take anything from 1 game and I'm sure they will look better Thursday night. A series against them will not be easy although I think we will win.

The Devils haven't been playing well for 2 weeks (if not more). Getting passed by their rival for home ice advantage with single digit games left in the season doesn't seem like an ideal scenario for a young team going into their first playoff games together.

I also don't think any playoff series is going to be "easy", I just dont think the Devils have what it takes to beat us 4 out of 7 frankly.

Reactions: Greg02

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
I wouldn't feel as emotionally distraught if we lost to the Islanders rather than the Devils.

And LOL at Bernie Nichols with the 150 points or whatever.
Yea no. I despise both teams but the Piles will always be the team and fanbase I hate the most. I guess a lot of people weren't alive or don't remember when we used to play them in the playoffs so the rivalry isn't what it used to be. In '90 and '94 we kicked their ass but 81,82,83,84 were simply brutal when they were winning cups. Their fans are douches and you will all understand when/if we play them again in the playoffs. I wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I wouldn't feel as emotionally distraught if we lost to the Islanders rather than the Devils.

And LOL at Bernie Nichols with the 150 points or whatever.
It'd be uneventful, boring hockey.... any way you cut it, it's a loss for Rangers fans.

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
Yea no. I despise both teams but the Piles will always be the team and fanbase I hate the most. I guess a lot of people weren't alive or don't remember when we used to play them in the playoffs so the rivalry isn't what it used to be. In '90 and '94 we kicked their ass but 81,82,83,84 were simply brutal when they were winning cups. Their fans are douches and you will all understand when/if we play them again in the playoffs. I wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire.
I was born in 83 so the early history was before my time. However, I was raised to hate them more than anything though. But with my personal interactions with Islander fan friends, the ones that are close to me are more knowledgeable about hockey, care about the Islanders first, rather than hate the Rangers first, and are far less douchier than the Devil fans around me. That may not be the experience for everyone. I dislike Jack Hughes' face.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
I was born in 83 so the early history was before my time. However, I was raised to hate them more than anything though. But with my personal interactions with Islander fan friends, the ones that are close to me are more knowledgeable about hockey, care about the Islanders first, rather than hate the Rangers first, and are far less douchier than the Devil fans around me. That may not be the experience for everyone. I dislike Jack Hughes' face.
Yea, I understand. A playoff series between the two teams may reignite the douchness.

Reactions: DialUp

zlev

Dec 21, 2015
yeah growing up on Long Island it always seemed like Islanders fans were just really into their own team while Devils fans always seemed more concerned with hating/ripping on the Rangers than anything else.

Reactions: OriginalLimbo

OriginalLimbo

May 27, 2019
it might be my age talking (born in '94) but irl the Devils fans I've known have always been 10000000x more obnoxious and obsessed with hating us than the Isles. grew up absolutely despising the Devils with the Isles as an afterthought
The 80s were brutal for the fans. But, TBH, unless you grew up on the island, NYI fans just didn’t have the numbers. There were only a few in my neighborhood back then, but the were unbearable, lol.

Now, I am guessing that if you live in Jersey, you know what those Long Island NYR felt back then lol. It’s just brutal around here. And I agree, my NYI hate, while still there, dissipated long ago. NJD hate is a raging inferno, lol. To me, Debbie fans are many, many more times worse than any other fan base right now. And that obnoxiousness is just turbo charged with the internet.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
If the season ended today, Canes vs Islanders is a matchup

giphy.gif

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
I have a lot of BAD memories of Islander fans torturing me while I was in HS and they were winning Cups. It was horrific. I hate them and that team with a passion that has no words to describe.

Reactions: Boris Zubov

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
The 80s were brutal for the fans. But, TBH, unless you grew up on the island, NYI fans just didn’t have the numbers. There were only a few in my neighborhood back then, but the were unbearable, lol.

Now, I am guessing that if you live in Jersey, you know what those Long Island NYR felt back then lol. It’s just brutal around here. And I agree, my NYI hate, while still there, dissipated long ago. NJD hate is a raging inferno, lol. To me, Debbie fans are many, many more times worse than any other fan base right now. And that obnoxiousness is just turbo charged with the internet.
I've tried to dissipate it but I just can't.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
it might be my age talking (born in '94) but irl the Devils fans I've known have always been 10000000x more obnoxious and obsessed with hating us than the Isles. grew up absolutely despising the Devils with the Isles as an afterthought
Same (and same birthyear). I'd add growing up in CT there was A TOn of stupid ass bruins fans talking all the time too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad