Around the NHL – Part XL - Mod post page 249

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
It still amazes me how so many of the WC teams totally shit the bed. Florida was hot and now has lost 4 straight. Piles and Pens it is. I still think they both lose in 1st round.

Reactions: LionsHeart

RangerFanSince89

Mar 20, 2023
I want them to face Boston, I really do not want to play the Piles if they beat Carolina... what a horrible series to endure
This. Another thing they'll have going for them is that nobody will be predicting them to go far, so they'll have a chip on their shoulder.

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
McDavid at 140 points. Has a few players to chase down to get most points in a season by players not named Lemieux or Gretzky. 16 points in ~20 games so it's probably just a matter of time.

142 Oates
145 Esposito
147 Bossy
148 Lafontaine
149 Jagr
150 Nichols
152 Esposito
155 Yzerman

Reactions: Synergy27

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
McDavid at 140 points. Has a few players to chase down to get most points in a season by players not named Lemieux or Gretzky. 16 points in ~20 games so it's probably just a matter of time.

142 Oates
145 Esposito
147 Bossy
148 Lafontaine
149 Jagr
150 Nichols
152 Esposito
155 Yzerman

Woah....f*** you Mike Keane...f*** you.

Oh and four Rangers on that list...none of those seasons with the Rangers of course.

Reactions: Boris Zubov

bumrusherer

Nov 17, 2007
If your idea of fun is seven consecutive 2-1 final scores with neither team getting more than 22 SOG…This would not be your father’s grandfather’s Rangers-Isles series.
Close games with everything in the line is what this thing is about. Maximum pleasure or maximum pain

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Minnesota and Colorado won again last night. Edmonton won. The Rangers need TB to start winning some games. Dallas ends up being 21st overall. Seattle, Winnipeg, Islanders and Pittsburgh being #17-#20. The #2/#3 in the central will be a very good playoff series. #1 plays Seattle or Winnipeg. The Flames and Nashville still have an opportunity for a WC spot. Those teams aren’t very good. Winnipeg isn't very good but they have four more points than Calgary with eight games remaining.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
It still amazes me how so many of the WC teams totally shit the bed. Florida was hot and now has lost 4 straight. Piles and Pens it is. I still think they both lose in 1st round.

All the pre-season BS about the Sabres, Sens and Wings pushing for a playoff spot turned out to be just that. None of those teams is particularly close to true contender status.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Devils made the jump the Rangers made last year, from rebuild to playoffs. They are running on adrenaline and excitement. Zero load management. Let’s see how they do in the playoffs. They might be burnt out before the first round even starts.

Reactions: Richard Banger

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Devils made the jump the Rangers made last year, from rebuild to playoffs. They are running on adrenaline and excitement. Zero load management. Let’s see how they do in the playoffs. They might be burnt out before the first round even starts.

I was not impressed by the Devils last night. They are similar to our team last year but they cant hold a candle to the Rangers top end talent. 0 ES or PP goals yesterday. Islanders did a good job of playing physical with them, and the Devils tried to answer back to their credit but guys like Mercer and Bratt were peeling off to avoid hits late in the game. Mercer, who looks like hes 12, got ragdolled by at one point by Horvat. Cizikas (i think) gave Hughes a cross check in the 3rd and he was laboring going to the bench. The Rangers can physically outmatch that team. Vanacek is also the epitome of nothing special, especially in a series where he'd be matched up against Igor or Sorokin. I will have a pretty high level of confidence going into a series against them provided we dont have any major injuries between now and the start of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad