Around the NHL – Part XL - Mod post page 249

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

bradrich99

Feb 3, 2009
42°59′01″N 081°14′59″W
Yeah wow, Blais has 4 goals in 16 games in a place that he played before and was comfortable. Sound the trumpets. Good for him though. In answer to your question Mika, Kreider, Callahan, Dunbinsky, Buchnevich, Stepan, Anisimov to name a few and who says that Laf, Chytil, and Kakko aren't developing? Total overblown bullshit and IDGAF if half the board doesn't want a guy who is going to score nearly 90 goals the last 2 years. Pretty stupid if you ask me. And my point about Kravs, Lemieux, Anderson, Howden is they suck and nobody has developed them.
make it 6 goals

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
we didn't develop Mika. We finally got a break though.

Buchnevich had his best years away from New York. Yeah it's just timing again.

it's so bad
Blais gets traded and scores 4 goals in 16 games for his new/old team and it's the Rangers fault but Mika becomes a top 15 center in the league while playing for the Rangers but they have nothing to do with that. Got it. Buchnevich was nearly a PPG game player his last year with the Rangers and was developing into a solid NHL RW, that's why people were so pissed about the return. Yet again the Rangers had nothing to do with it. Got it.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Blais gets traded and scores 4 goals in 16 games for his new/old team and it's the Rangers fault but Mika becomes a top 15 center in the league while playing for the Rangers but they have nothing to do with that. Got it. Buchnevich was nearly a PPG game player his last year with the Rangers and was developing into a solid NHL RW, that's why people were so pissed about the return. Yet again the Rangers had nothing to do with it. Got it.
you're turning a blind eye if you do not see a problem.

Chris Kreider is our best. I love Kreider. The fact he's the only developed Rangers forward is what I have issue with. Dubinsky and Callahan?

When I talk about developing, time is valuable. We have to wait to 25-26 to realize our talent... that's a MAJOR PROBLEM IN DEVELOPMENT.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
you're turning a blind eye if you do not see a problem.

Chris Kreider is our best. I love Kreider. The fact he's the only developed Rangers forward is what I have issue with. Dubinsky and Callahan?

When I talk about developing, time is valuable. We have to wait to 25-26 to realize our talent... that's a MAJOR PROBLEM IN DEVELOPMENT.
What about Dubinsky and Callahan? Were they not good forwards? Laf, Kakko, and Chytil, are 21,22,23 so they are still very young. About a month ago all the talk was about how Chytil was breaking out and how the contract was going to be expensive. 25-26 is a long way away. The Rangers have gone to 4 ECF's in the last 10 years including a SCF. You can't do that unless you can develop players.

Last edited:
Reactions: leetch99

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
there's no reason to think the bread and butter should only be NA players, that's foolish. There's no reason the team can't hire good scouts and have strong over seas scouting.
We should have more scouts then any club in the league...leave no rock unturned . Plus then we should have the top farm club in the AHL......top coaches in Hartford and a couple of good assistants and a couple of wily older vets being overpaid if need be as employees under contract of the Wolfpack . Build strong leadership and a winning culture for the kids being seasoned .

Reactions: duhmetreE

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
yes, we develop forwards because Lias, Kravtsov and Lemieux are bad. Makes total sense. I see your logic

Blais had 54 games with the NYR. 0 goals. 16 games with Blues, 4 goals. It's a miracle, the knee was healed as soon as he was traded and it spread to his hands. It just bad timing on our part. Unlucky.

"See they can develop forwards " Checks notes for the developed forwards over the past half century... "Well look at all these two 26 year old forwards the Rangers developed... checkmate."

It's like congratulating an 18 year old for finally graduating 6th grade.

Founded in 1926... Who's the greatest forward this org developed? We have to go to the 50's and 60's? bUt rAnGeRs cAnT dEvElOp fOrWaRdS iS bUlLsHiT.... right.

Please show me how good they are at developing forwards. 40 years.... all we have is Chris Kreider... AND HALF THIS BOARD DOESN'T EVEN WANT HIM
Blais busted out with a great game against the Flames...survived a cheapshot on Lucy....and then we traded him . He likely would have been killed in the next Flame game if he had stayed ......have the Blues faced Calgary with Blais in the lineup?......Lucic will be hunting probably . Sammy though outside of the Flame game never showed much of anything for us ...so it was best he left town for a needed piece or two.....he has done well so that is good to hear .....and I hope he can get himself an extension and make some more money playing hockey .

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
It is such a strange take especially going back to 1926. Makes me laugh at the narratives. Like there is some special sauce to develop dmen but not forwards. Or like Edmonton could develop some great forwards but had no idea about others. Or that the same people running our organization were even born in 1926. Who developed Ron Duguay, Don Maloney, Stepan, Zooks, Kovy, Vickers, Ratelle, Gilbert, Bathgate, etc? Was Adam Graves even a 10 goal scorer on Edmonton? Was Mika ever even a 25 goal scorer on Ottawa? You would think watching Krav in Vancouver would stop this silliness. Is Gallant still shutting him down?

Last edited:

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
What about Dubinsky and Callahan? Were they not good forwards? Laf, Kakko, and Chytil, are 21,22,23 so they are still very young. About a month ago all the talk was about how Chytil was breaking out and how the contract was going to be expensive. 25-26 is a long way away. The Rangers have gone to 4 ECF's in the last 10 years including a SCF. You can't do that unless you can develop players.
They were good 3rd liners overslotted during Torts era.

If you want to hold onto them to prove your point in developing forwards, it shows you how bleak it is.

The Kid Line will take off around 25 years of age.... because we do not know how to develop or nurture talent.

Raspewtin

Stay at home defenseman hater
May 30, 2013
They were good 3rd liners overslotted during Torts era.

If you want to hold onto them to prove your point in developing forwards, it shows you how bleak it is.

The Kid Line will take off around 25 years of age.... because we do not know how to develop or nurture talent.
I don't think this is true. Dubinsky and Callahan weren't amazing at ES but they were definitely top 6 players. It was just a much slower and less scoring league.

ReddestRum

Sad even when winning
Dec 19, 2013

The cope is real.

It's never the player when the Rangers are concerned, it's the org. For everyone else not a Ranger that we think sucks or isn't up to snuff, it's the player.

You know what NHL development is? Hey player, I need you to work on this offensively and defensively the next few games. I need you to be strong on the puck in the corners. Instead of carrying the puck, I need you to get it deep. We really would like for you to work on your skating in the off-season. Blah. Blah. It's the NHL. These players are not getting their hand held for development like they're in peewee.

Some players just don't thrive with certain team systems, and unfortunately, you can't make exceptions for every individual when the team is doing well and your top-paid scorers continue to put points on the board.

Reactions: NickyFotiu

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
The cope is real.

It's never the player when the Rangers are concerned, it's the org. For everyone else not a Ranger that we think sucks or isn't up to snuff, it's the player.

You know what NHL development is? Hey player, I need you to work on this offensively and defensively the next few games. I need you to be strong on the puck in the corners. Instead of carrying the puck, I need you to get it deep. We really would like for you to work on your skating in the off-season. Blah. Blah. It's the NHL. These players are not getting their hand held for development like they're in peewee.

Some players just don't thrive with certain team systems, and unfortunately, you can't make exceptions for every individual when the team is doing well and your top-paid scorers continue to put points on the board.
I'd really like to know what team you are basing this off, I really hope you don't have some sort of inside info as to how this organization develops players because if thats the case it's no wonder we can't develop players? This isn't how development goes at all at the NHL level, there's a reason some teams develop players at a better rate than others.

effen

Feb 3, 2018
A stats class would help out a lot of these assumptions on developmental ability.

They all hire from the same pool. No one is teaching 3 on 2 drills any differently than anyone else. Lotta being fooled by randomness.

Reactions: egelband

effen

Feb 3, 2018
Do we really think busto ass no one wants to play there cuts corners everywhere Ottawa is better at development because Tim Stutzle is really good and Josh Norris pumped 35 goals at 23?

Or do they do the same shit everyone else does and just ran their kids out more. Come the f*** on.

ReddestRum

Sad even when winning
Dec 19, 2013
I'd really like to know what team you are basing this off, I really hope you don't have some sort of inside info as to how this organization develops players because if thats the case it's no wonder we can't develop players? This isn't how development goes at all at the NHL level, there's a reason some teams develop players at a better rate than others.

What kind of development are you talking about? I literally just asked my beer league manager who is a former NHL'r today. The bulk of development comes from that players' own ability to train and get better, both during as well as the off-season. This is why athletes hire their OWN development coaches mostly in the off-season or they travel to their own countries to train. The reason why it seems some players develop better than others because those players are more skilled (obviously). Sometimes it takes longer to develop that skill. Sometimes it's immediate. The org points you in the right direction, but you go out and do the work yourself.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Do we really think busto ass no one wants to play there cuts corners everywhere Ottawa is better at development because Tim Stutzle is really good and Josh Norris pumped 35 goals at 23?

Or do they do the same shit everyone else does and just ran their kids out more. Come the f*** on.
Lafreniere and Kakko were also both really good at every level until they got here and they stalled, it's happened a lot to this team's top prospects. I mean we drafted a western hockey league 70 goal scorer in Pavel Brendl and he showed up at camp 25 lbs heavy, that shit doesn't happen anywhere else. Maybe it's our conditioning coaches and the level of accountability they impose, because the only forward we properly developed was already a fitness nut jumping out of pools and shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad