Around the NHL – Part XL - Mod post page 249

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
#2 is prolly MacKinnon, but Makar and even Raatanen are debatable from his own team.

#2 to build around is either Hughes or Bedard if that was allowed.

OriginalLimbo

May 27, 2019
Can it be the NJ Devils are having trouble with an experienced playoff ready team???
Didnt see the game, so maybe the scorecard was misleading, but weren’t they right there with TBL all game last night?

And while I can buy a lot of their “wins” were the gimmick OT/SO and they lack the experience and maybe grit, their youth, speed and skill are undeniable. They might take some lumps, as all young teams do, but they have arrived and will be a problem for many years. And they still have tons of assets to address their deficiencies. Note, I hate them to the core and would love to be wrong…

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Didnt see the game, so maybe the scorecard was misleading, but weren’t they right there with TBL all game last night?

And while I can buy a lot of their “wins” were the gimmick OT/SO and they lack the experience and maybe grit, their youth, speed and skill are undeniable. They might take some lumps, as all young teams do, but they have arrived and will be a problem for many years. And they still have tons of assets to address their deficiencies. Note, I hate them to the core and would love to be wrong…

All true but I'm poking fun at the posters who have been scared to death of them all year. Did any Ranger fan really think a Cup win wasnt going to go through New Jersey? It's our destiny

• Haha
Reactions: OriginalLimbo

OriginalLimbo

May 27, 2019
All true but I'm poking fun at the posters who have been scared to death of them all year. Did any Ranger fan really think a Cup win wasnt going to go through New Jersey? It's our destiny
Haha! True.

For the record, I’d love to play them. Us against NJD or NYI in the playoffs are the best. And if they are the better team, so be it. Tip the cap, curse like a sailor and move on.

But if some slug like Ryan Friggen Carter beats us again with 3 goals on 5 goddamn shots, I may just lose it, lol.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
not far-fetched for the race for 2nd WC in East to be a 6 team scrum
1679064599165.png

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Prophecy fulfilled!

In all honesty, he's looked worse than he did here. At this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Vancouver chose not to tender him a contract in the summer.
Not surprised. He's doing nothing there like he did nothing here. He will be back in the KHL in no time. Gorton really shit the bed with that pick and the Andersson pick. 2 Top 10 picks that amounted to nothing. At least we got a 2nd for Andersson that turned into Cuylle.

Reactions: KevinFinnerty

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Not surprised. He's doing nothing there like he did nothing here. He will be back in the KHL in no time. Gorton really shit the bed with that pick and the Andersson pick. 2 Top 10 picks that amounted to nothing. At least we got a 2nd for Andersson that turned into Cuylle.

Maybe we can finally put to bed the idea that the Rangers somehow ruined him. Turns out wasting 2 critical developmental years in the KHL with his buddies was a detriment.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island

Nothing? Did you see that one shift he had where he got the puck on the boards and made a routine pass that turned into a goal?

Reactions: Synergy27

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Maybe we can finally put to bed the idea that the Rangers somehow ruined him. Turns out wasting 2 critical developmental years in the KHL with his buddies was a detriment.

Yeah the whole "the Rangers made a mistake by bringing him over too soon!" argument was never a good one. He just reinforced every bad habit he had by staying over seas rather than trying to work through things in the AHL and figuring out how to try to make his skills work vs NA competition. In retrospect he probably would have failed at doing so but at least he would have went down in flames trying.

I caught a bit of their game last night and he was as abysmal as ever. Turning pucks over left and right, getting tossed around by light nudges, etc. He has zero pace to his game and has no aveunue to success right now. Not skilled or fast enough to get around anyone, not strong enough to go through anyone, not smart enough to make neither of the first 2 matter.

Nik Bobrov is a clown. He actually thought this asshole was the 2nd best forward in that draft class.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Yeah the whole "the Rangers made a mistake by bringing him over too soon!" argument was never a good one. He just reinforced every bad habit he had by staying over seas rather than trying to work through things in the AHL and figuring out how to try to make his skills work vs NA competition. In retrospect he probably would have failed at doing so but at least he would have went down in flames trying.

I caught a bit of their game last night and he was as abysmal as ever. Turning pucks over left and right, getting tossed around by light nudges, etc. He has zero pace to his game and has no aveunue to success right now. Not skilled or fast enough to get around anyone, not strong enough to go through anyone, not smart enough to make neither of the first 2 matter.

Nik Bobrov is a clown. He actually thought this asshole was the 2nd best forward in that draft class.

Ranger fans (including myself) were ready to believe anything during the rebuild and unfortunately we all thought Bobrov was some genius for dipping into the Euro pool. He set the team back years with the Andersson and Kravy picks. This organizations bread and butter is and always will be USNTDP and NCAA players. If Othmann and Cuylle hit im willing to include the CHL.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Ranger fans (including myself) were ready to believe anything during the rebuild and unfortunately we all thought Bobrov was some genius for dipping into the Euro pool. He set the team back years with the Andersson and Kravy picks. This organizations bread and butter is and always will be USNTDP and NCAA players. If Othmann and Cuylle hit im willing to include the CHL.
there's no reason to think the bread and butter should only be NA players, that's foolish. There's no reason the team can't hire good scouts and have strong over seas scouting.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
there's no reason to think the bread and butter should only be NA players, that's foolish. There's no reason the team can't hire good scouts and have strong over seas scouting.
The best players the team has drafted the last decade have been European players but yes NA guys are their bread and butter to some people lmao

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017

Im not saying it's right or wrong, I'm just saying the facts are that the Rangers best homegrown players have always come from the NCAA or US National team over the past 15 years.

The best players the team has drafted the last decade have been European players but yes NA guys are their bread and butter to some people lmao

Chytil and who else?

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Im not saying it's right or wrong, I'm just saying the facts are that the Rangers best homegrown players have always come from the NCAA or US National team over the past 15 years.

Chytil and who else?

But to Lev's point, that really means that they need to get better euro scouts. There is no need to neglect a league or nation because one or 2 guys from said league or country didn't pan out. Had they done their due diligence on these guys, they probably don't take them to begin with.

I'd gladly take a player out of Russia this year in the 1st if they're the best guy even after all of Kravtsov's shenanigans, assuming that he isn't entitled and unwilling to listen to instruction like Kravtsov was but I wouldn't want those qualities in any player regardless of where they're from.

I have no idea how good the new euro scouts are but I hope they're way better than what we've had. Bobrov was a moron

Reactions: egelband

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
But to Lev's point, that really means that they need to get better euro scouts. There is no need to neglect a league or nation because one or 2 guys from said league or country didn't pan out. Had they done their due diligence on these guys, they probably don't take them to begin with.

I'd gladly take a player out of Russia this year in the 1st if they're the best guy even after all of Kravtsov's shenanigans, assuming that he isn't entitled and unwilling to listen to instruction like Kravtsov was but I wouldn't want those qualities in any player regardless of where they're from.

I have no idea how good the new euro scouts are but I hope they're way better than what we've had. Bobrov was a moron

Yeah I don’t think the issue was drafting guys from Europe. The issue was Bobrov making promises to guys with bad attitudes if they didn’t get their way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad