Around the NHL – Part XL - Mod post page 249

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I had brought up how we could have landed Matt last summer had the team stuck through a rebuild and avoided Panarin.

You didn't like that at all lol.

In retrospect after seeing how that trade went down, I was probably wrong.
Yeah I remember now.

My whole thing was a glut of LW's and Panarin being a player you drop everything for.

In retrospect, Matt Tkachuk is a player you drop everything for.

Also, Brady still sucks LMAO.

He murders the Rangers, which is annoying, but on most nights, I still think he's not a better player than Chris Kreider. I'll fight anybody over that.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012

The way I see it, if you were starting a team, which player would you take? McDavid is the obvious #1.

#2 would have to be MacKinnon IMO.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010

The way I see it, if you were starting a team, which player would you take? McDavid is the obvious #1.

#2 would have to be MacKinnon IMO.

I don't want to be that guy, but if we're talking about starting a team, and not a team for this season only, I think the answer is Jack Hughes.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I don't want to be that guy, but if we're talking about starting a team, and not a team for this season only, I think the answer is Jack Hughes.
they guy who hasn't even played one playoff game? over MacKinnon?

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
they guy who hasn't even played one playoff game? over MacKinnon?
You're starting a team. MacKinnon is in his prime no doubt, Hughes probably isn't even in his yet. Depends on what you are trying to build. If you want to win the cup this season, it's MacKinnon. If you want to build a team that will be sustainable for 10+ years, I think you have to take Hughes

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
You're starting a team. MacKinnon is in his prime no doubt, Hughes probably isn't even in his yet. Depends on what you are trying to build. If you want to win the cup this season, it's MacKinnon. If you want to build a team that will be sustainable for 10+ years, I think you have to take Hughes
We dont even know what Jack Hughes looks like in the playoffs

I get it, but even over the next 5 years, I'd take MacKinnon unless Hughes comes out and destroys the Playoffs... which I have a little doubts

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Hot take, if I'm starting a team for the playoffs, I'm taking Makar and that bitch Kucherov over MacKinnon. And yes, probably Matt Tkachuk too.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Yeah I remember now.

My whole thing was a glut of LW's and Panarin being a player you drop everything for.

He murders the Rangers, which is annoying, but on most nights, I still think he's not a better player than Chris Kreider. I'll fight anybody over that.

Matt was that guy last year too but no one knew it because he played in Calgary and Gaudreau also had a big year. I've always been enamored with players who can basically encompass multiple roles on a team by themselves - He basically can play the role of 4 guys and is really a true nasty streak (hes an asshole on the ice, but he isn't THAT nasty) from being Lindros esque minus the head trauma. Wasn't kidding when I said that I would have given up anyone in our organization except for Fox to get him.

I wouldn't say Brady sucks. He's good but he's 2 or 3 full steps behind Matt. Matt is Elite.

Hes worse than Kreider when Kreider is healthy and plays like he gives a f***. He's better than the imposter Kreider who has been hanging around this team for most of the last month+.

Reactions: leetch99

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Matt was that guy last year too but no one knew it because he played in Calgary and Gaudreau also had a big year. I've always been enamored with players who can basically encompass multiple roles on a team by themselves - He basically can play the role of 4 guys and is really a true nasty streak (hes an asshole on the ice, but he isn't THAT nasty) from being Lindros esque minus the head trauma. Wasn't kidding when I said that I would have given up anyone in our organization except for Fox to get him.

I wouldn't say Brady sucks. He's good but he's 2 or 3 full steps behind Matt. Matt is Elite.

Hes worse than Kreider when Kreider is healthy and plays like he gives a f***. He's better than the imposter Kreider who has been hanging around this team for most of the last month+.
I'd trade Fox for him straight up.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Hot take, if I'm starting a team for the playoffs, I'm taking Makar and that bitch Kucherov over MacKinnon. And yes, probably Matt Tkachuk too.
MacKinnon is #6 ALL TIME in playoffs PPG. He's a known playoff performer. Unlike Tkachuk.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
MacKinnon is #6 ALL TIME in playoffs PPG. He's a known playoff performer. Unlike Tkachuk.
Maybe not Tkachuk over him. But I do stand by Kucherov and Makar.

That goal against STL for the hattie last year was crazy. Too bad it wasn't the series winner.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Maybe not Tkachuk over him. But I do stand by Kucherov and Makar.

That goal against STL for the hattie last year was crazy. Too bad it wasn't the series winner.
Well you can't go wrong with Kucherov or Makar either.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Yeah I remember now.

So will Brady......Kreider would hug if he felt like it .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad