Around the NHL – Part XL - Mod post page 249

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I meant NJ vs NYI.

Wouldn't be surprised if NYI won or if they beat up NJ so bad that they're easy pickings in rd2. I don't know if they'll get the leeway that they got when Trotz was behind the bench but for all the talk about how "dirty" Trouba was during the NYR run last year, the Isles did a half dozen things that were WAY worse during their run the year prior.

Hughes certainly wouldn't make it through that series in one piece.
Pittsburgh or Islanders are their worst possible matchup for round 1.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Nah. Jersey is winning the division. I just hope the Rangers can keep the three seed.

Boston-NYI or NJ-NYI first round would be glorious as long as the Rangers can take care of their own business. NYI would take a big bite out of any team they face. Just need Pittsburgh to collapse down the stretch and have Detroit or Ottawa get in for WC2.

Best outcome for the Rangers in the overall seeding is to play Carolina in round 1. I think they may actually have learned from last year and be able to close that series out in 5-6.

Devils get Pittsburgh and the Islanders get Boston. Both those series would not be easy.

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
Bitchnikov being done for the year makes Carolina’s inactivity at the deadline look even worse. When a top 5 bust is your main acquisition at the deadline you know you have problems.

Reactions: NCRanger

Do you want ants

Thats how u get ants
Jul 2, 2015

Looks like we might be playing Carolina if we hang onto 3rd place after all

1678827602244.gif

Daves a mess

Jan 8, 2014
Isles were dead in the water. Now looks like those knobs are gonna make the playoffs without their second best player.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Realistically it looks like it's going to come down to the Piles, Pens, and Panthers for the 2 WC spots. The Panthers definitely have a shot. They are playing well and assuming Piles lose tonight they will be 3 points back with 2 games in hand. The Piles also play 8 of their last 14 on the road where they aren't very good. It will probably come down to the last week of the season.

Reactions: egelband

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
Horvat with a whopping 1 assist in his last 6 games. What a great signing by the Isles!
2 goals in his last 13. The funny thing is the Isles fans sitting there claiming Beau is scoring because of tips and EP40. Okay...he's scoring the exact way Horvat was all season lol. $8.5M to have five points in his last 13. Them and the Devils first ones calling Kane cooked. Laughing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad