Around the NHL – Part XL - Mod post page 249

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Their big names are going to haunt our dreams for a while, I’m afraid.

Still depends how Fitz steers them in the Meier-Bratt extensions. He gets them to buy in to what they're building then they'll be fine. Losing either would be a tough loss especially Bratt.

Last edited by a moderator:

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
McTavish with 2 goals tonight in a Ducks 5-4 loss in OT. They fought till the end. They have one reliable Top 4 D in Cam Fowler, has not been easy.

Reactions: egelband

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
I’d kill to have either of the Tkachuks on this team lol
We need a player like that desperately. We talk about this skill/grit binary because players like the Tkachuks are so rare. When I suggest getting rid of Panarin, the idea is to replace him with a Tkachuk, not a Sammy Blais.

I understand that this isn’t possible, but that is what this team is missing. We could use something similar on the backend as well, like a bigger, less injury prone Lindgren.

Reactions: savebyrichter94

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
GMs finally, FINALLY, start talking about fights after clean hits and how f***ing stupid they are. Should be an instant instigator.
100%. Should be 5 plus a 10 minute misconduct with the player getting jumped getting nothing even if they defend themselves. Then if it happens again with the same team instigating in the same game, that player gets 5 and is automatically ejected and is suspended the next game. Automatically. No if's, and's, or buts. Say what you will about soccer but the NHL would do well to borrow that idea from them.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
When they are on their depth is amazing. Geo even eeking out a better S% and GAA than Shesty currently.
They don't even have Landeskog back yet. They're going to be a problem. They're going back to the Final as long as Georgie Boy doesn't shit the bed.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
If there is a HFTML version of Snowblind hes not very happy right now.

If they draw NYI in Rd1 I think they'd lose or at least be so battered that they'd be riped to be eaten in rd2.

NYI will smother and cheap shot their way through that series.
Nah. Jersey is winning the division. I just hope the Rangers can keep the three seed.

Boston-NYI or NJ-NYI first round would be glorious as long as the Rangers can take care of their own business. NYI would take a big bite out of any team they face. Just need Pittsburgh to collapse down the stretch and have Detroit or Ottawa get in for WC2.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Nah. Jersey is winning the division. I just hope the Rangers can keep the three seed.

Boston-NYI or NJ-NYI first round would be glorious as long as the Rangers can take care of their own business. NYI would take a big bite out of any team they face. Just need Pittsburgh to collapse down the stretch and have Detroit or Ottawa get in for WC2.

I meant NJ vs NYI.

Wouldn't be surprised if NYI won or if they beat up NJ so bad that they're easy pickings in rd2. I don't know if they'll get the leeway that they got when Trotz was behind the bench but for all the talk about how "dirty" Trouba was during the NYR run last year, the Isles did a half dozen things that were WAY worse during their run the year prior.

Hughes certainly wouldn't make it through that series in one piece.

• Haha
Reactions: Hisch13r

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
When they are on their depth is amazing. Geo even eeking out a better S% and GAA than Shesty currently.

the team has been cruising while missing Landeskog all season and Makar has missed a ton of games. MacKinnon also missed 10 games and he's going to easily pass 100 points. They are a sick team with a good coach.

Could you imagine if we missed Kreider all season, and missed Fox and Zibanejad for 10+ games? We'd be in last place.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Geo isn’t playing behind Mikkola Harper Schneider Tuba & Miller lol

Look we both shit on Geo last year but after all of that shitting on Geo you can't possibly defend Igor by saying Geo plays behind a better defense. If Igor is as much better than Geo as you thought he'd do a lot better no matter what the defense is.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Look we both shit on Geo last year but after all of that shitting on Geo you can't possibly defend Igor by saying Geo plays behind a better defense. If Igor is as much better than Geo as you thought he'd do a lot better no matter what the defense is.
Georgie had like a .706 sv% tonight lol. His team scored 8 goals and doubled up their opponent in shots.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad