Around the NHL – Part XL - Mod post page 249

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

gabevh3

Oct 13, 2005
G

Greed. Especially when they charge about 650 million dollars for new franchises. Apparently It doesn't matter to them that some teams are struggling and Arizona is playing in a college stadium.
The struggling teams will just be gifted money and wins .

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Pretty sure the NHL and TNT didn’t expect to be broadcasting 4 bottom 10 teams on back to back coverage. Battle for Bedard, tonight on TNT! Lol.

8DF593E6-7B5D-4B20-8ABD-AC5529F7928F.jpeg

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
for a long time, the top 6 records were all in the East
NYR and Tampa recent slumps have dropped NYR to 9th OA
background colors by division, BOLD are Playoff Spots, RED lettering are Wild cards
Pens and Isles building cushions for East WC ahead of Buff, Ott, Fla and Caps

despite many experts/insiders trying to call Oilers a likely WCF team, they're still just in 4th in their own division

1678288924498.png

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
List your top 10 Cs

This is the type of shit I mean, and I'm saying it here in a safe space because I don't have the energy for it.

There is no corn-f***ing way Draisaitl is better than Bergeron, Crosby, Hughes, or Pettersson.

What is interesting, no mention of Mika at all. Production wise he is right there in the Top 10, but he also provides more than just scoring.

I do find it funny that Leon is a -2 and has 96 points.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
What is interesting, no mention of Mika at all. Production wise he is right there in the Top 10, but he also provides more than just scoring.

Imagine Pettersson getting fed by McDavid on the powerplay.

He would score 65 goals.

Reactions: Leonardo87

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Leon is a good player who has been inflated to elite status because he is 2nd fiddle to arguably the GOAT.

The fact that McDavid is 32 points ahead of Kucherov (the true #2 in the scoring race, Leon is #2 by virtue of McDavid) is hilarious. McDavid could take the rest of the season off and he still wins the scoring race by 15 points.

Reactions: Cmox and Leonardo87

Row I Goon

Nov 14, 2018
Meanwhile, ex-Ranger Tony D gonna get on a call with Bettmann for some recent scallywag behaviour (spearing Corey Perry).

Reactions: nsvoyageurs

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Glad we bought out Hank to have the cap space to give him a 2 x 4.8 after the bubble. Shit player, shit person, addition by subtraction when he left.
Stylistically he's exactly the type of player we're missing, our defense can't transition or carry the puck to save their life. We only have one offensive defenseman and that's Fox who is also a below average skater who is good at passing, not carrying the puck. Our team seems to think you can only have one offensive defenseman on a team. Too bad Zac Jones isn't big enough so we have to pretend Schneider, Harpoon, and the Finnish guy who takes 3 penalties per game are better

• Love
Reactions: leetch99

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Stylistically he's exactly the type of player we're missing, our defense can't transition or carry the puck to save their life. We only have one offensive defenseman and that's Fox who is also a below average skater who is good at passing, not carrying the puck. Our team seems to think you can only have one offensive defenseman on a team. Too bad Zac Jones isn't big enough so we have to pretend Schneider, Harpoon, and the Finnish guy who takes 3 penalties per game are better

I feel you need a combination of both kinds of D to succeed. You also want the D to compliment each other as well, similar with forward lines .

Lindgren for one has been an ideal partner for Fox. Not too sold on the Miller and Trouba one though.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017

Dude you pick the worst players to stan for

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

LOLOL.

I mean just LOLOLOL.

He has average speed but hes a plus skater. Theres more to skating than just sheer speed.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
LOLOL.

I mean just LOLOLOL.

He has average speed but hes a plus skater. Theres more to skating than just sheer speed.
Perhaps I’m being harsh but for a sub-6ft dman who puts up the kinda numbers he does, he’s a much worse skater than people would expect. People who don’t see much of him have this impression that he’s some one dimensional flashy offensive defenseman, I think NHL video games for instance rate him as being super fast as well. He’s certainly a below average skater in comparison to other small defensemen who put up points. In speed he is far below average, in some other regards he’s alright. I assume you’re referring to his edges? He does have decent agility but I think it’s mostly his hands and brain that allow him to turn and shake off pressuring players and keep pucks in along the blueline.

Reactions: leetch99

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Perhaps I’m being harsh but for a sub-6ft dman who puts up the kinda numbers he does, he’s a much worse skater than people would expect. People who don’t see much of him have this impression that he’s some one dimensional flashy offensive defenseman, I think NHL video games for instance rate him as being super fast as well. He’s certainly a below average skater in comparison to other small defensemen who put up points. In speed he is far below average, in some other regards he’s alright. I assume you’re referring to his edges? He does have decent agility but I think it’s mostly his hands and brain that allow him to turn and shake off pressuring players and keep pucks in along the blueline.

Alright?

Dude you don't get around players, avoid contact and open up lanes like he does with out having excellent edges and average speed.

He has phenomenal agility. As good or better than the rest of those smaller D. The processor is just another tool thats elite which is why he's as good as he is. He isn't Norris quality with out both of those attributes.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
They have to rate him as a good skater. Chel's overalls are really dumb and you need to be good at everything to get a high one.

Look up any one-dimensional star forward. I bet you their defensive awareness is 85+.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

I look at this one that somebody posted which is probably the best one in the thread:

(not saying I agree with all of it, but this is a low bar)

1. McDavid
2. MacKinnon
3. Pettersson
4. Hughes
5. Thompson
6. Draisaitl
7. Bergeron
8. Crosby
9. Point
10. Matthews

Zib, admittedly, probably is borderline. There's one center I take off this list for Zibanejad and again, I don't have the energy for it.

Reactions: Leonardo87
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad