Around the NHL – Part XL - Mod post page 249

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
there was a mainboards thread on Zegras being overrated so I thought there was some weight to the remarks about it, lol

It's all good, he is one of my favorite players in the league now, love the fact his family are Rangers fans and he is like 5 miles from my hometown. What he is doing on that putrid team is remarkable.

Reactions: nsvoyageurs

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
2hyuNNK.png

Now THAT is unimpressive and overrated.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
10 goals for Dallas? Let me see how many points Nils put up for that draft pick being improved.

And… he was a healthy scratch.
Great trade by Drury. Thank goodness he didn't trade the 2nd first rounder away.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
NHL Schedule is weird, 3 games yesterday, 11 today, and only 2 tomorrow.
If you want to limit back to backs, this is one of the things that you're going to have to deal with. The weird one for me is not taking advantage of Sunday this time of the year. No Sunday night game. TNT has been taking games, but during the day. Kind of wish there was a big game each Sunday night after the football season ends.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
If you want to limit back to backs, this is one of the things that you're going to have to deal with. The weird one for me is not taking advantage of Sunday this time of the year. No Sunday night game. TNT has been taking games, but during the day. Kind of wish there was a big game each Sunday night after the football season ends.

Yeah this is the time where the NHL really needs to promote themselves between the Football and Baseball seasons. I see lost opportunities here, and if they really promoted the games like on TNT and abc can really get themselves out there better .

Reactions: egelband

RosensRug

Oct 1, 2020

Agreed. Saturday's game vs Buffalo could have easily been a 1PM start on TNT or ABC or whatever.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
You can thank the expansion cities for the moronic late Sunday afternoon start times.

NHL used to ALWAYS play Sunday nights. Used to be a Ranger staple.

A little more than 20 years ago, “fans” in non-traditional markets bitched and moaned about 7 PM Sunday starts. Something about weekends and kids and school and that nonsense. So, games were moved up to 5. Attendance didn’t improve, because that start time is a giant pain in the ass for people without “kids”. So games either became true matinees (1 PM) or disappeared completely from Sunday.

The NHL has also pretty much ceded Friday nights. The only league that really schedules heavily on Fridays is the NBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad