Around the NHL – Part XL - Mod post page 249

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

zlev

Dec 21, 2015
not really. he's basically a left handed DeAngelo.

moves the puck, puts up points but he's gonna give a lot of stuff up defensively. playing behind Slavin and Skei his minutes and pionts will go down, but maybe he can be less exposed defensively too.

we could've used a puck mover

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
8 years older, 25% more expensive than Chychrun and the latter is the better player. Ekholm is an upgrade, for sure, but Edmonton is still thin on D.

Chychrun is better, no question, I was just pointing out they did actually grab some D help. Whether it was the best options/best price is a different story

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Chychrun is better, no question, I was just pointing out they did actually grab some D help. Whether it was the best options/best price is a different story

Yeah, I agree. Just not enough. Edmonton never pays enough attention to the back end and it bites them all the time. It will again this year.

At least he served a purpose. Same with Glass. Namestnikov did nothing

I thought he was good in his role and produced a bit. He wasn't a problem.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Where would Chychrun have slotted in on this roster? Playing him on the top pair with Fox seems like overkill. We are all mostly on board with Key being a future star, despite his still inconsistent play. You’re not playing him on the third pair, and he wouldn’t be on the PP.

A trade for him would have come at the expense of Miller it seems to me. I am pretty happy they didn’t do that.

Reactions: LokiDog

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
If there was ever a player to single handedly carry his team to a cup win, McDavid is that guy.

If you still think Gretzky is better you're an out to lunch boomer :laugh:

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
40 wins in 60 games for the Devils. Barring some type of major injury to one of their top guys, we aren't catching them. Our start to the season was just too weak.

Reactions: xigon

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
If Darren Pang was in the colorado net it would have been 5-2 Avs....where did they find that backup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad