Around the NHL – Part XL - Mod post page 249

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
The funniest thing about the Chychrun trade is that the 2023 1st is top 5 protected.

The 2024 conditional 2nd becomes a 1st if Ottawa reaches the ECF in 2023.

So a team that may not even make the playoffs wants top protection on their pick, and you agree that the condition on the second pick is them making the conference finals that same year?

Like… two outcomes that are so vastly different.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Wow that's a steal for Ottawa. Guess no one in the Western Conference is interested in trying to build their teams? The amount of talent flowing East is absurd.

Hey Vancouver added Hronek! Watch out for that head scratching move.

I gotta think Detroit has another move or was making a push for Chychrun. A 1st and 2nd for Hronek is a haul for a good second pairing guy. But Detroit thinks they’re in the race. I wonder if they’re going for Parayko on the right as a replacement.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
I knew Armstrong overplayed his hand. LOL. Should've traded him last summer.
Armstrong cut his loses and took the best deal possible for Chychrun and Gostisbehere. Market for defensemen drying up.

Chychrun is a terrific value for what Ottawa paid. Bona fide top pair defenseman. Anyone who thinks otherwise hasn’t watched the Coyotes play this year. Yes, I wanted him in New York. Badly.

Reactions: Boris Zubov

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Man I would have rather had Chychrun for that price than Tarasenko
I'm leading that charge... but it is what it is.

The circumstances changed. Mikkola has been a pleasant surprise but the offense that Chychrun would provide would be more valuable than Tank+Mikkola IMO

Reactions: bobbop and Circus86

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Without retention, we weren't getting Chychrun. No way to make that work next year at his full cap hit + having to sign all of the youth that we have to get under contract. He would've been a great addition but it just doesn't work next year.

That being said - Arizona remains a joke organization and Chychrun goes from the saddest sack organization to a sad sack organization. I guess the future is brighter in Ottawa than Arizona, but so much for being traded to a "contender".

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
I'm leading that charge... but it is what it is.

The circumstances changed. Mikkola has been a pleasant surprise but the offense that Chychrun would provide would be more valuable than Tank+Mikkola IMO
Do advanced stats say Mikkola has been good? I can't tell and he takes too many penalties imo

Also Ottawa could offer higher picks than we could

Matt Rentfree

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
Without retention, we weren't getting Chychrun. No way to make that work next year at his full cap hit + having to sign all of the youth that we have to get under contract. He would've been a great addition but it just doesn't work next year.

That being said - Arizona remains a joke organization and Chychrun goes from the saddest sack organization to a sad sack organization. I guess the future is brighter in Ottawa than Arizona, but so much for being traded to a "contender".
Also, as much fun as it is to fantasize, Arizona's 1st is not the same thing as our 1st or the Dallas 1st. Realistically to equal that return we'd minimum have to give one of our 23 1st's, our 24 1st and a third piece better than a 3rd.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
If I were a Hurricane fan, I'd be demanding new ownership.

Over $7M in cap space.

Rangers, the team that beat you, have stacked their lineup.
New Jersey, the team that's chasing you, has added Meier.

If New Jersey catches/passes them, it gives us Carolina in the 1st and my hope would be Pittsburgh or the islanders against Jersey.

That's my 'shit eating grin' scenario.

“The Canes are in on Meier and Chychrun!”

Reality: Pool Party and Ghost Bear!

Poverty franchise

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Also - Edmonton should've been the landing spot for Chychrun. That would've sent quite the message to McDavid who now, once again, is on a team with all offense and no defense. Just like always.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Also - Edmonton should've been the landing spot for Chychrun. That would've sent quite the message to McDavid who now, once again, is on a team with all offense and no defense. Just like always.
They got Ekholm. Still dont think it's enough but it's better than Barrie.

Reactions: Boris Zubov

Do you want ants

Thats how u get ants
Jul 2, 2015
What the hell are the canes doing?? I mean I’m cool with redneck hockey not doing anything meaningful, but Christ. Living down here, the way some of their fans have been talking, I was expecting something.

Maybe by Friday we’ll see:

JVR
Braun
Mclwrath
Leshitshow
Degrom’s foreskin
Johnathan quick

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
What the hell are the canes doing?? I mean I’m cool with redneck hockey not doing anything meaningful, but Christ. Living down here, the way some of their fans have been talking, I was expecting something.

Maybe by Friday we’ll see:

JVR
Braun
Mclwrath
Leshitshow
Degrom’s foreskin
Johnathan quick
Canes were linked to JT Miller, but not sure how serious talks are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad