Around the League Thread | The one where Florida blows it…?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
It's about you getting caved again.

You need to learn to take a knee but suspect they don't make pads big enough when someone gets fed that often.
Now now HK. Grownups can disagree and not get all emotional.

We've talked about this before. Dont be scare just because mommy and daddy fight.
You've been consistently wrong about Miller. At some point you need to let it go.
I've admitted as much. Many times.

I've yet to see you eat your crow. With your post history should be pretty common place..?
It was a good team. You should watch them more often.
Scoring on the first few shots for half the games is luck. Get someone who can get through to you and let him help you understand this.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
A 2nd cousin who is a diehard Oilers fan is spending nearly 8k in airfare and tickets (for 2) for Game 7. Would be absolutely worth it if they win but downright sad if they lose. He's convinced they are winning it though.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
A 2nd cousin who is a diehard Oilers fan is spending nearly 8k in airfare and tickets (for 2) for Game 7. Would be absolutely worth it if they win but downright sad if they lose. He's convinced they are winning it though.

Barring McDavid getting Tanya Hardinged I see no reason for them not to raise Lord Stanley.

Panthers are on course for a historical, crushing embarrassment.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

I think some tickets for Game 7 in Vancouver were being bought and sold for $15,000 in 2011. To say nothing of Michael Buble’s story of postponing an entire concert in Connecticut, only to return there and get booed / walked out on while he performed.

Stuff that might feel justified with a win, but arguably a “worst decision ever” if they don’t. :laugh:

• Wow
Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Barring McDavid getting Tanya Hardinged I see no reason for them not to raise Lord Stanley.

Panthers are on course for a historical, crushing embarrassment.

Yeah - in a one game, winner take all, for all the marbles contest for the prize, I don’t know how in the world anyone can bet against McDavid.

Yes, hockey is a team game that can be unpredictable and that’s what makes it engrossing. But I feel in my bones this is going to be an Edmonton victory.

sandwichbird2023

Aug 4, 2004
Yeah - in a one game, winner take all, for all the marbles contest for the prize, I don’t know how in the world anyone can bet against McDavid.

Yes, hockey is a team game that can be unpredictable and that’s what makes it engrossing. But I feel in my bones this is going to be an Edmonton victory.
OEL is on PP1, it's kind of hard for the Oilers not to win.

While the Panthers are loaded up front, their D is surprisingly weak and shallow. Montour played his way off the team this finals.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
OEL is on PP1, it's kind of hard for the Oilers not to win.

While the Panthers are loaded up front, their D is surprisingly weak and shallow. Montour played his way off the team this finals.

Which is surprising because their D has been one of their strongest points all year. OEL was a good contract and acquisition at his price as a 4 or 5 guy - but yeah, having him QB the top PP unit and playing in all the crucial situations hasn’t worked out so well. Montour’s game falling off a cliff at the worst possible time isn’t great for Florida, either.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
"I stopped the first 3"
Ballard
"Nobody is pumping my tires"
Booth
"My contract sucks"
Cap Recapture
8yrs of OEL

If it wasn't for Perry and Kane and some players i like in Florida i would be all for Edmonton. Reality is both organizations have a lot of skeletons in the closet for my Canuck fandom

As it is just watching for entertainment

With regards to Montour......Easy choice to not bring him back at his contract ask

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
Montour is playing hurt I think. He's not as bad as he's shown it's reminding me of Hronek. Florida is having trouble transitioning from their own zone and Montour is typically a strong puck mover. You couple that with OEL playing extra minutes and PP1 and it's all of a sudden a mediocre defense.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
"I stopped the first 3"
Ballard
Booth
"My contract sucks"
Cap Recapture
8yrs of OEL

If it wasn't for Perry and Kane and some players i like in Florida i would be all for Edmonton. Reality is both organizations have a lot of skeletons in the closet for my Canuck fandom

With regards to Montour......Easy choice to not bring him back at his contract ask
mark-wahlberg-smh.gif

• Haha
Reactions: sting101

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
"I stopped the first 3"
Ballard
Booth
"My contract sucks"
Cap Recapture
8yrs of OEL

If it weren’t for Kane and Perry (and bringing Duncan f***ing Keith around), I’d have significantly less misgivings about Edmonton as a whole. But I strongly dislike how morally bankrupt so many organizations are, and unfortunately, it’s true of the Oilers.

Reactions: sting101

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
If it weren’t for Kane and Perry (and bringing Duncan f***ing Keith around), I’d have significantly less misgivings about Edmonton as a whole. But I strongly dislike how morally bankrupt so many organizations are, and unfortunately, it’s true of the Oilers.

I actually think Kane and Perry can both serve as inspirational stories for all NHLers with personal issues to follow. Neither is perfect, but both came miles from the proverbial ditches where they languished and suffered.

Keith of course can go choke on a cock with the rest of his disgusting degenerate pieces of shit of teammates.

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
My hate for the Oilers has very little do to with the players on the team and more to do with the fact I hate the fans and franchise as a whole.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007

The Oilers and their fanbase try to wear on the whole BLUE COLLAR BOOTSTRAPS COUNTRY LIFE ALBERTA thing, and it's funny because they're basically only relevant in current times because they were given, what, 6 top 5 picks in 7 years for being so useless, and I find the parallels to be kind of beautiful.

Hell, the franchise's entire relevance basically owes itself to the ratf***ery around Gretzky's contract and the entry draft.

Last edited:

Jerry the great

Jul 8, 2022
I'm not a Oiler's fan and it pains me to see them one win away from the cup. Hopefully the hockey gods tilt the ice uphill for them tomorrow night. I will, however, tip my cap if they pull this off. I can't recall seeing a pro sports team with this level of resiliency in my life. The hole they dug themselves at the start of the year....and then again in the finals. It's unbelievable really. And holy shit the Panther's players, coaches, front office......what a miserable summer they're going to have if they blow it. How on earth do those players recover from this? Seems like the kind of thing that could haunt you for a long time. real Ray Finkle level mindf***ery

DarrenX

Apr 15, 2014
Well, if you want the most painful possible outcome for an Oilers fan... they could be up 3-1 with 10 minutes to go, Skinner lets in a softie, Panthers come on, Oilers panic, Panthers tie game with two minutes left, then the Panthers score on an innocent looking deflected point shot early in overtime. The crowd goes wild!

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
I mean part of it is that it's incredibly hard to maintain that level for his long of a run.

But you'd think here at the precipice that they'd be able to muster up a last-ditch effort.

I also don't think they are as injured as they were last season (Tkachuk broken sternum) or as we were in our run. So that can't be an excuse.

Both Maurice and AV are just steady rudder coaches who have no answer when their (definitely good in the regular season) systems get countered in the playoffs.
The extremely odd part of this is every other team seems to be getting tired but it looks like overplayed mcdavid and draisatl who played some games 30 minutes are still just fine and not slowing down..

Reactions: mossey3535
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad