GDT: 2024 NHL Draft (June 28 - June 29, Las Vegas Sphere)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
SJS trades up to 11 for 14/42. Good spot to be for SJS I think. If not Yakemchuk then they'll walk away with one of Sennecke or Iginla probably.

Really strange to move up 3 spots this far out. Who are they targeting? Maybe they have a true top 11 and then a big gap, and wanted ensure they randomly get one of their 11? :huh:

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Sharks with a steal at #14 with John Mustard

Also watch out for Newton Gunray at #34. Late faller but extreme value opportunity

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia
another mock with Jiricek

17. Washington Capitals
Adam Jiricek, D, HC Plzen (Czech)

Getting Adam Jiricek here is a gift for Washington. The Caps have a glaring need for defensive prospects, and Jiricek has a chance to be an impactful defenseman. The NHL doesn't have a lot of defensemen who skate well, bring physical edge and kill plays in transition. They are usually locked up to long-term contracts.

Injuries are a legitimate concern with Jiricek, and his lack of development is easily explained by the lost time. The Capitals have been bold with their early selections and Jiricek has a chance to be a top-five player in the class if he reaches the ceiling many saw last season. Given the glaring need for a defensive prospect in the pipeline, Jiricek makes a lot of sense.

and one from someone who doesn't know the team's MO when it comes to roster building

No. 17 Washington Capitals: Konsta Helenius, F, Jukurit (Liiga)
Height: 5-foot-11 Weight: 189 pound
s

The Caps add speedster Helenius to their forward group. He’s the kind of forward who leads zone entries on the power play breakout, generally drives play in all situations, and makes the majority of his plays from the perimeter in the offensive zone. Helenius contributed 14G-22A playing in Finland’s top pro league (Liiga) and his coach at Jukurit is former NHL forward Olli Jokinen.

• Haha
Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
A lot of talk Sennecke could go between 3-6. Have to wonder what sort of upheaval that may cause thereafter if so.

I've taken a nice dose of preparatory cope on Jiricek. At the 11th hour I'd still prefer the Norwegians or, at worst, either Luchanko or Hage but I'm fully prepared for the mid positional need pick.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Also watch out for Newton Gunray at #34. Late faller but extreme value opportunity
main-qimg-56a8ccfcf283b1f32b4335c7e878bfcf

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia
A lot of talk Sennecke could go between 3-6. Have to wonder what sort of upheaval that may cause thereafter if so.

I've taken a nice dose of preparatory cope on Jiricek. At the 11th hour I'd still prefer the Norwegians or, at worst, either Luchanko or Hage but I'm fully prepared for the mid positional need pick.
still thinking Parascak/Basha/Ritchie as well. They've obviously scouted PG because of Funk and they do love their WHL forwards

Really wish they could have added another first at the deadline

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
another mock with Jiricek

and one from someone who doesn't know the team's MO when it comes to roster building

Draft kings odds seems to be following this ESPN mock.

You can also bet on players draft posistion O/U

Connelly 20.5
Hage 18.5
Dickinson 7.5
Solberg 16.5
Nygrad 15.5
Cgernyshov 20.5
Yakemchuk 11.5
Catton 11.5

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad