Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | No One Knows Anything

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here. Use this thread to discuss league-wide trade and free agent rumours. The Around the League thread is for coaching changes, league news, etc.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
8-Year Contract Deadline: June 30th, 9pm PST
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Last edited:

Britton

Nov 28, 2008
I'll believe Guentzel has signed when it's official, just cause someone gets his rights doesn't mean it's a done deal. I would wager him and Tanev both make it to market. Historically people whose rights have been traded aren't shoe ins to sign a contract with the team that traded for them.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Like I said yesterday - I don’t think Tampa clears out all that cap if they weren’t sure they were getting their man.

It’s not done until it’s done - but especially giving up a 3rd, this feels like a possible sign and trade.
I would be freaking out but this signifies our intent to pursue Crosby at the deadline.

Reactions: wetcoast

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Been a fan since 1996. I poured my heart and soul into this franchise but this is the final straw. Bald is no longer in. Missing out on Guentzel is criminal.

Consider this my resignation.

You will find me rooting for my new team in the Columbus Blue Jackets forum. Go Rick Nash!
If you’re picking a new team, atleast go Utah.

Can have as many wives as you want there.

On second thought…maybe that’s not the best idea.

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
Necas currently.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Nopefully

Grip it N RYP it

Apr 20, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
The only impact player we know is going to market will be Stamkos. And he probably won't come here.

Reinhart would be great but he is likely staying in Florida.

Beyond that, there isn't a lot. Guentzel was the big fish and we never land the big fish.

Yep. I can't remember the last time we landed a prime UFA.

I remember one, but I dare not speak his name.

• Wow
Reactions: PuckMunchkin

Agent007

Mar 22, 2006
If I have to guess I think this might be about giving guentzel an opportunity to get to know the management group and team better. Max they can do is 7 years so it’s likely about getting a sense of dollars. This could really be giving your organization a 24 hour window to sell yourself.

This most definitely feels like hamhuis 2.0 by the way 🤣

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
The only impact player we know is going to market will be Stamkos. And he probably won't come here.

Reinhart would be great but he is likely staying in Florida.

Beyond that, there isn't a lot. Guentzel was the big fish and we never land the big fish.
We are the kid at the pet store that goes there everyday because they really want a certain puppy.

But parents say you have to wait till your birthday.

Only to watch as another kid walks out with the puppy the day before your birthday.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Still being patient. Right now we have basically the same team we started with last year before acquiring Zadarov and Lindholm in season. We have lots of cap space and will likely add a depth D in free agency.
Staying away from some of the rumoured deals for Tanev, Zadarov and Lindholm is probably a good thing.
Worst case is we go into the season with the cap space and are able to use it during the season to take advantage of cap strapped teams.
Still excited to see what shakes out tomorrow. Last year there were some great adds made on the second tier FA’s. Then look for some more trades in season if none of the big fish are landed tomorrow.

Britton

Nov 28, 2008
So just to calm everyone down consider this.

If Tampa was the favorite like certain media sources said why would they trade for his rights? If they believe he was coming there why waste a 3rd round pick. Maybe just maybe they are super worried he's gonna sign somewhere else and are trying to jump in front.

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
My vibe has changed with Tampa trading for his rights. I think they only do that because they don’t think they have the inside line.

If he doesn’t sign by noon tomorrow with them—then maybe those Vancouver rumors were true all along.

Reactions: Britton

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
So just to calm everyone down consider this.

If Tampa was the favorite like certain media sources said why would they trade for his rights? If they believe he was coming there why waste a 3rd round pick. Maybe just maybe they are super worried he's gonna sign somewhere else and are trying to jump in front.
Cause they don’t f*** around and want to get a deal done asap so they can focus on other matters.

Aqualung

Nov 16, 2007
I’m not convinced Tampa has much of a cup window anymore. If he’s chasing money and no taxes this might work, but if he’s after another cup, I think he’d look elsewhere.

Reactions: wetcoast

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
The Canucks should petition to have July 1st renamed "Groundhog Day in Vancouver" where consecutive Jims just "Ran out of time" in resigning their own UFAs.

Agent007

Mar 22, 2006
This is not like Hamhuis at all.

Hamhuis had a connection here. Guentzel does not.

I just can’t imagine that Tampa has done everything over the last 24hrs to not get this across the line.
Guentzel has management and coaching connection here. Clearly we’ve heard VAN was his number one target at the deadline. Not saying that’s enough but I think those are reasonable connections along with some American players (Hughes, miller, boeser who shares an agent, Bluger who he’s played with and share the same agent).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad