OT: Official Sports Media Thread XI : 98.5’s Fred Toucher takes shots at Rich Shertenlieb over his Boston Bruins media post

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I didn’t get around to returning my box too bad because since I’m gone until Friday night these 5 days I’m not probably cost $40 bucks.

dafoomie

Jul 22, 2005
Boston
Is there a way to record games on any of the streaming services?

I rarely get to watch a Bruins game in real time, so I’ll be using cable until/unless a streaming service gives me every game (or at least 90% of them) and the ability to record and watch at my leisure.
Fubo and Hulu have "dvr" functionality but the quality is a lot lower than live, and it doesn't always start and end on time. NESN 360 has nothing. I use a capture card to record the games, it was a lot easier when I had cable but it was literally 3x the cost.

Reactions: sarge88

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Fubo and Hulu have "dvr" functionality but the quality is a lot lower than live, and it doesn't always start and end on time. NESN 360 has nothing. I use a capture card to record the games, it was a lot easier when I had cable but it was literally 3x the cost.

Thank you!

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Maybe it's just my TV but the quality of hulu recordings that I have - look the same as live. I had fubo for a short period of time a few years ago but the quality wasn't even close to that of Hulu's.

Avelanche

#freeRedmond
Jun 11, 2011
Boston
Toucher during the 98.5 The Sports Hub morning show on Monday called Shertenlieb a “phony prick” over his Boston Bruins media post from over the weekend.

Shertenlieb in the social media post had pushed for 98.5’s Ryan Johnston to get the Bruins NESN TV gig.

“I don’t know why Ryan Johnston doesn’t have a full-time job on the radio, especially based on things that have been happening recently — and then you put a phony-baloney tweet out about Ryan Johnston should get the TV job. Why didn’t you hire him?” Toucher said about Shertenlieb during a rant Monday morning. Shertenlieb recently launched the “The Rich Shertenlieb Show” on 100.7 WZLX.

“Who are you talking to?” co-host Rob “Hardy” Poole asked Toucher.

“You’re not as obsessed as I am,” Toucher responded. “There was a typical, a typical ‘love me, love me, love me.’ Well then, why didn’t you hire him if you love him so much?

“So here’s the deal, you phony prick,” Toucher added. “… Is that not typical behavior? If you’re gonna cover your face, is that not prototypical, that’s his behavior.”
What a phony prick, supporting a colleague on Twitter. Twitters for getting drunk and publicly airing dirty laundry.

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site

BSJ Live Q&A: Haggerty on Bruins offseason, Stanley Cup Final - 11 a.m. Wednesday 06.12.24​

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
  • Wow
Reactions: Gee Wally

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Guy Maniella the voice of WBZ's "Calling All Sports" has died :cry:

He was must listen radio. Smart, knowledgeable and had a great sense of humor too.

Tough month for former WBZ announcers. Really enjoyed Guy's show.

Just found out Dick Summer had passed away May 14. I was probably 9-10 years old when I first heard Summer at night on WBZ in July or August. Summer had an absolutely perfect voice for radio. He is in The Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame.

Was a really interesting person. Did a segment called "The Loving Touch" later in his life.

Reactions: BMC

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA

Granted, this is only 1 weekly, but a couple of interesting takeaways:

-Rich's show is probably DOA with a 2.9 rating in the first weekly. Ordway and Minihane were discussing this last week and they were saying that the show is toast if it's under a 4.
-Greg Hill came within 2 points of Toucher and Hardy and he's basically keeping the lights on over at WEEI.
-It's truly incredible to see WEEI's ratings drop off that much when the clock hits 10 AM. They're a one-man station and Hill's audience doesn't stay with the rest of the station. They either flip to 98.5 the rest of the day or turn off the radio.

Ozamataz Buckshank

Oct 7, 2010
Massachusetts

Granted, this is only 1 weekly, but a couple of interesting takeaways:

-Rich's show is probably DOA with a 2.9 rating in the first weekly. Ordway and Minihane were discussing this last week and they were saying that the show is toast if it's under a 4.
-Greg Hill came within 2 points of Toucher and Hardy and he's basically keeping the lights on over at WEEI.
-It's truly incredible to see WEEI's ratings drop off that much when the clock hits 10 AM. They're a one-man station and Hill's audience doesn't stay with the rest of the station. They either flip to 98.5 the rest of the day or turn off the radio.

Wow, those WEEI ratings are absolutely brutal. How does that station keep going on like that? They keep shuffling talent and nothing seems to fix their issues.

I gave Rich's show a listen a few weeks back but they just talked about music the whole time so didn't tune in again. Are they actually talking sports now?

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena
I only get WEEI up in the north country.

I have always liked Hillman going back to the WAAF days. Ironic they canned LB after they became a sports show.

The afternoon one is pretty meh, though I do like Meg-o better than Courtney.

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA
Wow, those WEEI ratings are absolutely brutal. How does that station keep going on like that? They keep shuffling talent and nothing seems to fix their issues.

I gave Rich's show a listen a few weeks back but they just talked about music the whole time so didn't tune in again. Are they actually talking sports now?
WEEI might just be better off having Greg Hill in the morning and then playing music from 10-6.

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site

BSJ Live Q&A: Haggerty on Bruins offseason, Ullmark situation - 11 a.m. Monday 06.24.24​

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site

BSJ Live Q&A: Haggerty on Bruins' big free-agent push - 1 p.m. Wednesday 07.03.24​

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad