Around the League Thread | Ixnay on Zerplanyay

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
If the Oilers are close to finding a team to take one of their guys to help deal with the offer sheet, I wouldn't mind if Allvin pay a little bit more just to sneak in and send Poolman to that team instead, just to mess with the Oilers.

Reactions: nucks88

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Don't see how Oil can match Broberg, not sure Holloway even 700k overpaid makes sense for their cap the next two years either, especially without an obvious roster/pp spot where he could exceed that value.

Definitely made for a much more interesting August nhl offseason than usual.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
Once you are on LTIR you no longer accrue space and players cap hits are no longer reduced as the season goes on, for the purposes of acquisition. I am unclear if cap hits are frozen at the moment you go on LTIR or if it reverts to the beginning of the season number. The Canucks are currently under the cap and can just keep him on IR. He'll count against the cap all season and they get his roster spot.

The problem with keeping him is that they don't have the capspace to absorb any sort of medium-term injury. It does look like they'll run a 23/23 roster for a good chunk of the season and that will alleviate that problem.
last year at the deadline alvin couldnt make anymore moves because of poolmans 2.5 cap hit still on the books. so it be wise to trade him earlier to a team to get rid of the caphit altogether.

Instead, his contract has sat on the Canucks’ books, taking up salary cap space. Because he’s injured and unlikely to ever play again, his contract can be placed on long-term injured reserve, which allows teams to get salary-cap relief and exceed the salary cap limit if needed.

But doing so means teams can’t accrue cap space over the course of the season if they manage to be below the salary cap limit on any given day.

That’s something Allvin nodded at during his Friday press conference, following the NHL trade deadline.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Why tf would you name your kid McCormick
It is probably a family name from one of their parents or grandparents. But, if you are naming the kid after someone, why not just use the first name vs a last name, unless that's a common first name like Ross, Cameron, Joseph, etc.

LemonSauceD

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
It is probably a family name from one of their parents or grandparents. But, if you are naming the kid after someone, why not just use the first name vs a last name, unless that's a common first name like Ross, Cameron, Joseph, etc.
Or like a middle name.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Parents love showing the world how creative and individual they are by being the first people ever to give their child a stupid name that will be a confusing curse for the next 90 years.
being edgy today would be giving your kid any of the first names of my grade 6 classmates.

my critique would be mccormick doesn't shorten easily other than "mac" and will be difficult to shout loudly to get his attention without sounding like a drill sergeant.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
being edgy today would be giving your kid any of the first names of my grade 6 classmates.

my critique would be mccormick doesn't shorten easily other than "mac" and will be difficult to shout loudly to get his attention without sounding like a drill sergeant.
I'm guessing that the kid will end up getting called "Mick". Basically that is how McCormick sounds at the start and end of the name.

Caspian

Jun 3, 2006
Figure skating mom and hockey player dad. Kid is destined for the league with those skating genes. Next Scott Niedermayer.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Vancouver
Don't see how Oil can match Broberg, not sure Holloway even 700k overpaid makes sense for their cap the next two years either, especially without an obvious roster/pp spot where he could exceed that value.

Definitely made for a much more interesting August nhl offseason than usual.

If Edmonton wants to move Ceci or Kulak they will most certainly have to add some picks and prospects - so now you're paying to overpay for Broberg which is.... like a double whammy. Tough spot for Edmonton

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016

I would go with Mick. Then he has the option of having Mankind, Dude Love, or Cactus Jack as nicknames.

Parents love showing the world how creative and individual they are by being the first people ever to give their child a stupid name that will be a confusing curse for the next 90 years.

The worse are the parents that give stupid fandom names like all the idiots that named their kids khaleesi. This is coming from a huge nerd of multiple book series including that one. These poor kids when they have to start applying for jobs.

i just wish these people would realize kids names shouldn't be to show their "creativity" or how much a fan they are of something. Save the stupid names for pets, not for people that have to live with their stupid names

Reactions: MS and Nick Lang

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Last name for a first name and first name for a last name, this kid is destined to be made fun of. Atleast he's born rich so it won't matter.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
it’s weird how we went from in my generation class-aspirational first names being super anglo last names, like windsor or spencer or someshit, to since the 90s a the trend of gaelic(?) names like mackenzie, mckenna, macintosh, etc

white identity politics are weird

Reactions: Vector

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
When it comes to parents dipping into their canucks Fandom to pick a name, maybe maybe I can get in bored with Linden (or Lynden I've seen) but never Kesler, which I've also seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad