Jack Hextall - Youngstown Phantoms - USHL (2026 NHL Draft)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HockeyProspects101

May 30, 2018
Nice looking prospect, just committed to Michigan State University, and will play for Youngstown in the USHL this upcoming season.

Strong skater with a real competitive edge, well rounded, one to watch this season for sure!

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He's absolutely sick.

I liked him the best of the US Select team by a decent margin. His point totals didn't really reflect that, but if you tally up who was creating the most scoring chances with the deeper analytics, I'm sure it would've been him. He's also an all-situations center.

He's only 5'11, so that's probably the biggest weakness for him right now. But I think he has the potential to be a more talented Ryan Greene style of prospect, and a first round pick in 2026. His facilitating of the puck is excellent. Pulls out some great passes that no one else saw, he has great control of the puck and can pivot and regroup and create space in doing so in small spaces like all the good puck dominant players can. He's more of a passer, but shoots it okay too. Gives good effort and battles a little. He's not really a big physical player, but gives enough effort and goes to the hard areas enough. Could still improve there. And he skates well and can carry the zone pretty easily.

Will be a fun player to watch in the USHL this upcoming season. Big pickup for Michigan State. They are going to turn into a power. Reid and this kid in the same class is some absolutely shrewd recruiting that won't get the attention of the NTDP players, but is right there with them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad