Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
That was a tough one for the Preds. They need to win in regulation on Weds if they want to make the playoffs.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
He's also shooting 27%..... Matthews would have 54 goals at that rate.

its goinh to regress
Yupp. Florida would be smart to let somebody else pay him this summer. Having a top 10 shooting percentage season ever at the moment.

That was a tough one for the Preds. They need to win in regulation on Weds if they want to make the playoffs.
There's still 30 games left.. Nothing is that dire at the moment.

Reactions: arso40

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Wouldn’t be the worst thing for Tampa and Florida to kill each other.
I don't disagree, but I don't see the standings shaking out that way given the games in hand. I don't think it's realistic that the Leafs will lose all three games in hand on Tampa, or for Tampa to maintain its current pace given its road record and its record against good teams.

Reactions: arso40

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
I don't disagree, but I don't see the standings shaking out that way given the games in hand. I don't think it's realistic that the Leafs will lose all three games in hand on Tampa, or for Tampa to maintain its current pace given its road record and its record against good teams.
I mean, that's what I think as well but considering you had us catching Boston imminently such a short time ago you're making me second guess myself.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
I mean, that's what I think as well but considering you had us catching Boston imminently such a short time ago you're making me second guess myself.
For sure. I can't imagine anyone here has ever been incorrect in their predictions.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Face-offs by "centers"
1706644781865.png

1706644817701.png

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Yupp. Florida would be smart to let somebody else pay him this summer. Having a top 10 shooting percentage season ever at the moment.

There's still 30 games left.. Nothing is that dire at the moment.
True. They've played more games than the Blues and Kings so a regulation win against LA would certainly be better for them.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Treat this as read only:

An extremely short leash on this.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I think they'll be an easier matchup, but they might surprise this playoffs.

No one is expecting much, plus as McAvoy put it prior to this season, they can show this is their Bruins iteration now.

I would prefer Bruins to Panthers, but it's far from an easy matchup. Especially if they manage to get at least 2C at the deadline.
I'm pretty sure Boston fans have high expectations and the Bruins going deep wouldn't be a surprise to me, not even a little bit.

Tied for 1st in PTS%, 2nd in regulation PTS%, 6th in goals per game, 4th in goals allowed per game and 1st in goal differential, sounds like a cup favorite to me.

Reactions: Arzak and rumman

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
I'm pretty sure Boston fans have high expectations and the Bruins going deep wouldn't be a surprise to me, not even a little bit.

Tied for 1st in PTS%, 2nd in regulation PTS%, 6th in goals per game, 4th in goals allowed per game and 1st in goal differential, sounds like a cup favorite to me.

Most likely this is as weak as Bruins get. They have cap penalty from Bergeron & Krejci signing and are missing centers

They might add grit, as some suspect, but sooner or later they will add 1 and 2 C and improve by leap.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013

Just for fun, this is how we compare to Boston.

11th in PTS%, 13th in regulation PTS%, 8th in goals per game, 12th in goals allowed per game and 13th in goal differential.

I keep coming back to what O'Dog said - this is not a serious team. Yes, it is that simple.

Most likely this is as weak as Bruins get. They have cap penalty from Bergeron & Krejci signing and are missing centers

They might add grit, as some suspect, but sooner or later they will add 1 and 2 C and improve by leap.
I have to say, I'm surprised that they're this good this season but they're good, no doubt about it. They're like that monster in the horror movie, just when you think he's gone for good ...

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Just for fun, this is how we compare to Boston.

11th in PTS%, 13th in regulation PTS%, 8th in goals per game, 12th in goals allowed per game and 13th in goal differential.

I keep coming back to what O'Dog said - this is not a serious team. Yes, it is that simple.

I have to say, I'm surprised that they're this good this season but they're good, no doubt about it. They're like that monster in the horror movie, just when you think he's gone for good ...
Considering Jeff is the guy who compared Marner to Jiri Tlusty, I don't think we should take him seriously.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019

I wonder if Boston finds a way to acquire Lindholm from Calgary...

Enniskillen

Jan 16, 2021

Similar posts were all over this place last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad