Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Right, and if the Leafs win the two games they have in hand on Boston, they are looking at a 3 point deficit, meaning that over a 40 game stretch the Leafs have to play just slightly higher than that .600-.650 pace. I'm not sure I see the mountain that others seem to see. I suppose you can factor in home and road splits in the second half, as the Bruins will have more home games than road games, whereas the Leafs will have a pretty even split.
But they haven't won the two games they have in hand on Boston. You're awarding wins that haven't been earned yet and talking about a lot of what ifs. Even if we just completely eliminate Boston's hottest stretch for no actual reason, we would have to play at a 112 point pace the rest of the way to overtake a Boston team maintaining their past 30 game pace. It's entirely possible that the Leafs overtake Boston, especially with their goalie getting injured, and I'd be very happy to see Boston shrivel away into irrelevance and will cheer our rise every step of the way, but give credit where credit is due to the 2nd place team in the league pacing 115 points and wait for it to happen. You were already wrong about your New Years prediction, and it's hard to gain ground in this league. That's why the whole playoff teams being set by Thanksgiving thing is a thing.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
But they haven't won the two games they have in hand on Boston. You're awarding wins that haven't been earned yet and talking about a lot of what ifs. Even if we just completely eliminate Boston's hottest stretch for no actual reason, we would have to play at a 112 point pace the rest of the way to overtake a Boston team maintaining their past 30 game pace. It's entirely possible that the Leafs overtake Boston, especially with their goalie getting injured, and I'd be very happy to see Boston shrivel away into irrelevance and will cheer our rise every step of the way, but give credit where credit is due to the 2nd place team in the league pacing 115 points and wait for it to happen. You were already wrong about your New Years prediction, and it's hard to gain ground in this league. That's why the whole playoff teams being set by Thanksgiving thing is a thing.
Well, I'm pretty sure they are going to gain two points on the Bruins tonight, so I guess you can re-run the numbers after that.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Bad day on the scoreboard. Tampa wins and Florida gets a point maybe two.
The more time goes, the more it shows Leafs are not better than the other good teams in the division. They are on par at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad