Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Hawks don't have many players signed beyond this year, so they'll need to overpay for guys like Foligno and take on some bad contracts via trade.

Should be a popular destination for bottom 6/fringe players looking for some cash this summer.

Though this approach may eventually lead them into trouble when they start needing rfas and ufas to start signing more team friendly deals.

Other agents are going to have long memories

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018
Insane that Foligno has made a lucrative late career as nothing more than an intangibles guy.

Cheerleader. Brutally overrated player the last decade or so, bar one 73 point season he's a guy who was a consistent 30-35 point player. Intangibles stuff is way overblown, dude has been on losing teams the majority of his career, doesn't know a thing about winning.

But hey, at least it's not the Marleau contract...

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
To be fair, he could probably play center as well. I don't think the coaches or teams do enough positional experimentation.

If anyone can play NuHockey and be a positionless and dominant player, it would probably be a guy like Quinn Hughes. Though bringing up the rear offensively probably gives him more runway.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
IT'S KYLE CLIFFORDS BIRTHDAY TODAY WOOT WOOT

kyle-clifford-061414-ap-ftrjpg_q7a5d52rohur18s822blxns8r.jpg

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Pretty successful road trip for the Canucks so far.

One gsme left in Columbus.

Leafs need to kill their MoJo next Sat

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Vezina candidate Charlie Lindgren returns and steals another game for the Caps

Don't look now, but there's only a 9-point gap between 1st (NYR) and 7th (PIT) in the Metro (and PIT has a game in hand)
There's this part of me that just wants the Vezina finalists to be something like Jones (or Woll), Lindgren and Daccord.

Reactions: Seath The Scaleless
Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives
There's this part of me that just wants the Vezina finalists to be something like Jones (or Woll), Lindgren and Daccord.

I hope so, because that would mean the Jets and Canucks will have tanked hard in the 2nd half to ruin their goalie stats :laugh:

And lol Sens. Tied with SJ until Tarasenko scored with 5 seconds left in regulation. Epic toilet bowl

Reactions: Buds17

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN

Interesting to see this actually confirmed from someone whose been behind the scenes (Dorrie used to work for the Devils and Nucks)

For context the tweet is about a non-call against the Leafs tonight

Reactions: uncleben
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad