Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
So they rigged it from 2017 to 2022, then took a break from rigging it for a year because...?...and now are back to rigging it again? I have a theory that the fastest teams in the league get the most powerplays.

We were a fast team.
We were a weak team
Our toughness was supposed to be the PP.

But we didn’t get any

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Markstrom beating VGK.
After a rough start Kadri has been playing very well since the end of November

Westcoast trip next week is going to be a doozy.

Edmonton playing light out.
Calgary taking no prisoners
Van lights out
Seattle lights out
If we drop both Edmonton and Vancouver games I may have to take a hiatus from hockey for a bit lol

Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
After a rough start Kadri has been playing very well since the end of November

If we drop both Edmonton and Vancouver games I may have to take a hiatus from hockey for a bit lol
Vancouver is a guarantee loss. The Leafs won just 2 of their last 18 visits there.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Wanna see if Pettersson gets more than WIllie. Yes, he's an RFA but Canucks can't afford to let him walk.

Pettersson a C, and the leader of the Canucks.

1705243361771.png

Reactions: ULF_55

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I expect the Canucks will want 8 years, and could see a combined offer.

Year 1: RFA x$
Years 2-8: UFA x+$

Of course comes out blended over 8 years, but I can easily see the BCTax$ offer over $10mm, even with the RFA year there.

He also has arbitration rights and can walk himself straight to ufa.

He'll get what he wants, if he and his agent wants to push things. Could easily be 12ish x 8

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Oilers are due for a loss so I can see the Leafs beating them.

Yeah, Leafs will probably take a 3-0 lead into the 1st intermission...:sarcasm:

Except, Pastrnak was UFA, and has multiple > 40 goal seasons.

I doubt Pettersson wants to sign a 1 year contract.

It's foolishness to sign for 1 year when he could be set for life with a multiyear deal...is he waiting for another league stoppage event to sign a long term deal? He shouldn't overthink it, it's not that hard to pick between a 1 year deal vs a multiyear deal.

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
It's kind of sad to see that Alex Ovechkin has turned into a poor man's version of Alex Ovechkin. I was totally rooting for him to keep putting up superstar numbers into his 40's while he passes Gretzky's record and be the Tom Brady of the NHL but he really has fallen off this year. You can't overstate how much an elite center makes a difference in hockey. He really misses Backstrom.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
True enough. I just can't see anyone else negotiating like our guys
Well, words in Vancouver is that Petey still won't commit to anything and is holding the Canucks hostage as the Canucks can't commit to the other RFAs and UFAs bc they still don't know what Petey wants.
Sounds a lot like, pay me or I will leave, or pulling a Tkachuk

It's kind of sad to see that Alex Ovechkin has turned into a poor man's version of Alex Ovechkin. I was totally rooting for him to keep putting up superstar numbers into his 40's while he passes Gretzky's record and be the Tom Brady of the NHL but he really has fallen off this year. You can't overstate how much an elite center makes a difference in hockey. He really misses Backstrom.
Maybe Caps will trade Carlson, and Wilson for MM or Willie. Lol

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
It's a fair point as I've never really looked into whether centres make more on average than wingers. In any event, EP is going to get a lot of money, and Vancouver won't have much choice but to pay him.
Actually I think unless Canucks offer EP 13mil now. He is not going sign till after the playoffs. Even if he choked in the playoffs like our top 3 against Panthers, it won't hurt his value bc Nucks will pay him. But he has a great playoffs, his contract will be at least 1-1.5mil more.
If he leads the Nucks to the WCF, and he wants the be the highest paid player, Nucks will do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad