Around the league part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Was listening to a post game interview with apparent Chernobyl victim Evan Rodrigues and he mentioned that the Florida power play was having trouble moving the puck on the PP against EDM. In response….get this….they ADJUSTED the power play to a more 5 on 5 approach to force EDM to defend differently.

They just changed their PP in response to how it was being defended! They didn’t just stubbornly stay in their archaic perimeter formation playing catch and hope it gets better. Crazy stuff huh?

I’m calling the police, that can’t be legal

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Was listening to a post game interview with apparent Chernobyl victim Evan Rodrigues and he mentioned that the Florida power play was having trouble moving the puck on the PP against EDM. In response….get this….they ADJUSTED the power play to a more 5 on 5 approach to force EDM to defend differently.

They just changed their PP in response to how it was being defended! They didn’t just stubbornly stay in their archaic perimeter formation playing catch and hope it gets better. Crazy stuff huh?
no no no no you can't do that

trust the system

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003

I'm not sure what's more infuriating with the Kings: when they continue to bang their head against the wall expecting different results, or when they go in the complete opposite direction of sensibility, like putting Kovalchuk in front of the net, because "the opponent won't expect it."

Nasti

Jan 30, 2006
Long Beach, CA
I'm not sure what's more infuriating with the Kings: when they continue to bang their head against the wall expecting different results, or when they go in the complete opposite direction of sensibility, like putting Kovalchuk in front of the net, because "the opponent won't expect it."
I believe that’s called “Smartest Guy in the Room Syndrome”, aka SGRS. It’s a debilitating condition.

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
I enjoy watching the kings power play passback and forth to one another.
Another big plus is watching pp1 quarterback drew doughty not hold the blue line

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
I thought Edmonton looked outclassed in this game.

For as great as Draisaitl is supposed so be, I often come away from games thinking he's unimpressive.
I’ve seen him once live against MN. He only got engaged when the oilers were on the pp and scored a nice goal. When the Oilers were 5/5 he was just channeling his inner PLD and that’s not an exaggeration.

Reactions: King'sPawn

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I've been very impressed with Drai when McDavid is out

Looks like no discipline to either Draisaitl or Foegle according to Friedman. Just unreal.

Open season on McJesus, thank goodness Florida typically isn't shy

Drai knew exactly what he was doing and to who

Reactions: psych3man

Fripp

Sep 6, 2005
Portland, OR
Oh look, when McDavid and Draisaitl aren’t playing the Kings, their numbers suddenly come back down to Earth.
I keep saying this shit to my coworker. Everyone is jerking off over McDrai point totals over the last three years ... I'd be a point a game too if I played the Kings every year.

I just can't with the main board thread on that elbow to the jaw. The amount of victim blaming and whataboutism by oilers fans is just insane.

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
If the Oilers are going to lose, then the fans of that team will feel better if their best players act like a bunch of asshole losers than a bunch of meek losers.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I got banned for saying this on the main board. Very touchy over there. Those fans cry more than any I can remember. Really dont like them.
try living in the same province as them. It is unbelievable. Oilers and Leafs only lose because of refing.

People saying that the florida knee was embellished. And the Leon should not be suspended because Bennett was not.

Pretty crazy shit. I hope Barkov is ok and nets a hatty next game.

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup

I'm sorry, you don't like this genius answer here?

You don't clearly don't appreciate the MENSA-level thinking that's coursing through this organization.

And, to be honest, the results speak for themselves:

Reactions: Maynard

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Reactions: Chazz Reinhold

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
Problem is we already know that whoever touches McJesus will get suspended. Ask Soucy.
A friend of mine and I were talking about this, and it will never happen. But he said just have Florida line up the biggest goon they can ice, and have him decapitate McDavid on the opening face-off with a two-handed swing. Sure you play the game a man down, but you take out their best player and make a point to league.

It sadly feels like it'd take something like that for the league to actually realize how they are ruining the integrity of the league and the sport with this crap.

My take, it's hard to take the Oilers seriously when they are biggest whiners in the league and have been crying foul for months.

But it's also tough to feel sympathy for the Panthers who kind of always be involved in crap like this because they have so many guys that play at or over the edge.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
A friend of mine and I were talking about this, and it will never happen. But he said just have Florida line up the biggest goon they can ice, and have him decapitate McDavid on the opening face-off with a two-handed swing. Sure you play the game a man down, but you take out their best player and make a point to league.

It sadly feels like it'd take something like that for the league to actually realize how they are ruining the integrity of the league and the sport with this crap.

My take, it's hard to take the Oilers seriously when they are biggest whiners in the league and have been crying foul for months.

But it's also tough to feel sympathy for the Panthers who kind of always be involved in crap like this because they have so many guys that play at or over the edge.
It would need to be star player on star player. If a thug does it, the league can pretend to care about player safety by punishing him.

But if Tkachuk does it to McDavid, how much will the NHL discipline a star player for ending the career of another star player?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad