Around the league part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Canadians need to chill out when they’re visiting florida. They are some really rugged folk down in Florida who will break the jaw of any Canadian who tries to push them.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Also I will be amazed if the league actually takes action on that extremely flagrant suspension worthy headshot. We've seen players get suspended for almost nothing and even fined.

f*** the NHL.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Oh look, when McDavid and Draisaitl aren’t playing the Kings, their numbers suddenly come back down to Earth.
Ain’t that the truth. However one thing that’s crazy is how ungodly unlucky the oilers PP is. Really good saves from bobrovsky but you also have a Pk that’s actually doing something the Kings weren’t doing… playing aggressive.

The interesting thing about the panthers PK which makes total sense is that the dmen are not close to the goalie. They’re so staggered outside of the net and immediately challenge shots from Draisaitl and making him take even more awkward shots as well threatening shooters closer near the dots. No Matt Roys just on their PK just spectating near the crease.

All of it makes sense. I’d rather have Bouchard taking shots rather than the McDavid draisaitl parade down low. I have no idea why the Kings didn’t think to pretty much just mark the Dmen on the forwards cycling around the net. I have no idea why they were constantly collapsing the center of the ice when the oilers weren’t evening crashing the net for the most part on the PP. they were just passing through the middle for easy shots. Whoever runs the Kings PK is an absolute idiot for not just challenging the close range shooters. Why on earth were the Kings heavily collapsing in front of the net when the oilers weren’t crashing the net is truly some idiotic hockey.

I don’t know how these people have jobs but I am sure almost 90 percent of this board would say just allow Bouchard to shoot only and cover the rest.

Maybe allow the shot from the blueline versus the guaranteed goals from downlow. But yeah kings hockey baby

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
Oilers have no 5 on 5 goals in their last four games. In their last 9 games, the Oilers have been outscored 13-1 in the third period. That one goal was scored into an empty net. Credit to them for getting this far, but I think they are still a deeply flawed team

Last edited:

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
This is only 30% of the post GDT. These are the worst fans in hockey.

"Officials are doing their best to make sure the Oilers don’t win."
"BS non calls, BS calls...can't stand this league. Might just quit watching this farce of a league."
"Great game by the refs... maximum bias applied just like Gary wanted for this Sunshit team."
"Couldn't beat Bob game 1 and got screwed by the refs (and poor effort) in game 2."
"Like f*** it was 1-1 and we were gifted a 5-3 for 1:45. How the f*** does the reffing get away with that shit?"
"Some creative officiating tonight."
"Congrats to Gary’s game managers for handing Florida a win. Embarrassing reffing that makes you outright question the integrity of the league."
"Tkachuk is a chunk of moldy shit. He doesn't deserve a Cup... but Gary and the refs will do their very best to give him one."
"Reffing was egregiously bad tonight."
"Well done refs, you f***ing incompetent losers. Gary is well pleased."
"Good lord are the diving Panthers a little annoying."
"That was the worst officiated Stanley Cup Final game I've seen in my life."
I mean this kind of reads like a GDT around these parts (and many team forums) too. 95% of the time it just sounds ridiculous to blame the refs, but it's just the low hanging fruit so everybody grabs it. Maybe 1/20 games or so you are completely screwed over by the refs, and those outlier games tend to balance themselves out over a full season and you benefit just as much as you are screwed. The biggest knock on the officials was they lost control of the game a bit at the end.

Ain’t that the truth. However one thing that’s crazy is how ungodly unlucky the oilers PP is. Really good saves from bobrovsky but you also have a Pk that’s actually doing something the Kings weren’t doing… playing aggressive.

The interesting thing about the panthers PK which makes total sense is that the dmen are not close to the goalie. They’re so staggered outside of the net and immediately challenge shots from Draisaitl and making him take even more awkward shots as well threatening shooters closer near the dots. No Matt Roys just on their PK just spectating near the crease.

This is by far the biggest difference (of many) between the Kings and Panthers, the PK aggressiveness. I've never once seen the Kings attack an Oilers PP like this, and yes it does create some odd-man advantages down low, and yes EDM has been a bit unlucky some of these haven't gone in, but taking your chances with a couple of odd-man chances is statistically better than just letting teams just get chance after chance as you collapse closer to home plate.

But they have Bill Belichick behind the bench and we have Jim Tomsula, so it's hard to expect to see those kinds of adjustments from the Kings.

Last edited:

LAKings88

Formerly KOTR
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
This year EDM has shown they never just go away. I still hate them to the core. Dirty and whiny. Gaslighting fans. I do not want them to win. Florida is the better team.

Mattias

The friendly cat.
Feb 15, 2009
Also I will be amazed if the league actually takes action on that extremely flagrant suspension worthy headshot. We've seen players get suspended for almost nothing and even fined.

f*** the NHL.

"Best I can do is a $5000 fine and a 2 game suspension to Kadri" - Parros

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
No way the league suspends Drai. Especially with the Oilers down 2-0. They are probably pretty happy Barkov is gonna be out a game or more. Gives the Oilers a better chance to win a couple games and get the series back on track for a 6-7 games SCF...and more McDavid in the news.

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
I mean this kind of reads like a GDT around these parts (and many team forums) too. 95% of the time it just sounds ridiculous to blame the refs, but it's just the low hanging fruit so everybody grabs it. Maybe 1/20 games or so you are completely screwed over by the refs, and those outlier games tend to balance themselves out over a full season and you benefit just as much as you are screwed. The biggest knock on the officials was they lost control of the game a bit at the end.

This is by far the biggest difference (of many) between the Kings and Panthers, the PK aggressiveness. I've never once seen the Kings attack an Oilers PP like this, and yes it does create some odd-man advantages down low, and yes EDM has been a bit unlucky some of these haven't gone in, but taking your chances with a couple of odd-man chances is statistically better than just letting teams just get chance after chance as you collapse closer to home plate.

But they have Bill Belichick behind the bench and we have Jim Tomsula, so it's hard to expect to see those kinds of adjustments from the Kings.

when people blame the refs its the biggest indicator of being losers.
be better!
just win- beat the team and the refs. no matter how egregious shit officiating is to complain about the refs is simply excuse making and being a victim and a whining loser.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
35 year old goalie on a $10m cap hit - check

Best defenseman on the team some former 5th rd pick who was traded multiple times for nothing and picked up on waivers years ago - check

Retread Canadian coach - check

Stanley Cup - pretty damn close to check

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
This is only 30% of the post GDT. These are the worst fans in hockey.

"Officials are doing their best to make sure the Oilers don’t win."
"BS non calls, BS calls...can't stand this league. Might just quit watching this farce of a league."
"Great game by the refs... maximum bias applied just like Gary wanted for this Sunshit team."
"Couldn't beat Bob game 1 and got screwed by the refs (and poor effort) in game 2."
"Like f*** it was 1-1 and we were gifted a 5-3 for 1:45. How the f*** does the reffing get away with that shit?"
"Some creative officiating tonight."
"Congrats to Gary’s game managers for handing Florida a win. Embarrassing reffing that makes you outright question the integrity of the league."
"Tkachuk is a chunk of moldy shit. He doesn't deserve a Cup... but Gary and the refs will do their very best to give him one."
"Reffing was egregiously bad tonight."
"Well done refs, you f***ing incompetent losers. Gary is well pleased."
"Good lord are the diving Panthers a little annoying."
"That was the worst officiated Stanley Cup Final game I've seen in my life."
It's funny because they still had 4 powerplays they failed to score on, two being very poorly timed OEL penalties and they were rocking a 35% pp coming into the series, iirc.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Wow are they seriously not going to take any action against Draisaitl at all? We’d know by now right ?

Maynard

Veteran of Forum Wars
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2003
Orange County
Was listening to a post game interview with apparent Chernobyl victim Evan Rodrigues and he mentioned that the Florida power play was having trouble moving the puck on the PP against EDM. In response….get this….they ADJUSTED the power play to a more 5 on 5 approach to force EDM to defend differently.

They just changed their PP in response to how it was being defended! They didn’t just stubbornly stay in their archaic perimeter formation playing catch and hope it gets better. Crazy stuff huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad